Vols #10 in latest CFP rankings

I’ll take orange or sugar. The only that sucks about the cotton is your stuck playing Tulane, UCF or Cincinnati. Problem with that is their players will be jacked and usually the team that plays is not. But still a NY6

I'm very confused about 2-loss LSU being ranked so far ahead of Tennessee. Yes, we lost. But we beat them head to head and our best wins are against the same team.
It’s never been about the total body of work over the year. It’s always been about winning consistently at the end and crawling up the ladder as those in front of you lose. And if you lose late you drop like a rock and there is no time left to crawl back up the ladder. That’s just the way it always has been.

Bama is going to get in. If I were a betting man (never have) I’d put a lot of money on that right now.

It’s never been about the total body of work over the year. It’s always been about winning consistently at the end and crawling up the ladder as those in front of you lose. That’s just the way it is.

Bama is going to get in. If I were a betting man (never have) I’d put a lot of money on that right now.

I don't think it is that crazy either. We obviously have head to head over Bama, but that was with Hooker.

That could be the excuse the committee could use to justify it if say Georgia beats LSU, USC drops a game, and/or TCU drops a game.

Holy crap..................they are actually talking up a scenerio that includes Alabama!!!!

Unbelieveble

Still a Top 10 team in the country. Respect. Just a bad day at the office. I do think a healthy Hooker is at least worth at least 10 more points though, that’s why a 21+ point spread against vandy is only 14 currently. Milton will move the ball and close us out strong though.

Most of us would have been thrilled to see our mighty Vols even crack the top 25 just a short couple months ago.

1669163932276.png
So based on this and assuming OSU beats Michigan, UGA beats LSU, and TCU wins out:

CFP 1v4: UGA vs USC
CFP 2v3: OSU vs TCU
Sugar Bowl: Alabama vs Kansas State
Rose Bowl: Michigan vs Oregon
Orange Bowl: Clemson vs LSU/Tennessee
Cotton Bowl: LSU/Tennessee vs Penn State

This is also assuming nothing crazy happens.

We got blown out by a 4 loss team and we now don't have our heisman contender QB... We are lucky to drop to only #10
LSU's losses came at home (New Orleans is virtually a home game). One of those loses was to an unranked FSU, who hasn't defeated a ranked team this year and will likely fall to four loses this weekend.
If UT beats Bama and LSU loses to UGA in the SEC Championship, will they still be ranked ahead of Tennessee? Judging by the CFB rankings, I would say yes.

“And then when you’re in Tennessee’s position and they’re like ‘ok, we beat South Carolina, we beat Vandy’, they’re in the playoffs,” added Swinney. “You know, they’re flipping burgers at the house, having a cold drink, watching the championship weekend, [and wondering] ‘what are we, are we three or four, where are we going? Are we in Arizona or are we in Atlanta?’ And next thing you know, you forget you gotta go to play. But I think you just got to give all the credit to South Carolina. I think they just flat-out kicked their butt”- Dabo
I want Clemson

Attachments

• A9726AA6-150E-4E38-8C2F-1D224F1AAD02.jpeg
    A9726AA6-150E-4E38-8C2F-1D224F1AAD02.jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 0
Don’t be surprised to see LSU still above Tennessee with a loss to UGA. TCU could also stay above them with a loss to Kstate and Kstate would leapfrog us.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
I'm very confused about 2-loss LSU being ranked so far ahead of Tennessee. Yes, we lost. But we beat them head to head and our best wins are against the same team.
They will be 3 loss LSU in a few short weeks, and we’ll jump them again.

I wanna see oregon lose. Usc lose. Lsu lose. Tcu lose. And Clemson lose

If you are talking about our chances, I think we need the following aka Chaos:

• LSU loses in Atlanta / 3rd loss kicks them out of Top 10
  • USC loses vs Notre Dame / 2 loss would drop them out of Top 6
  • TCU loses vs Iowa State to send them spiraling out of Top 10 with a loss to a 4-7 team
  • Clemson loses vs South Carolina or UNC to drop them at least behind us
If that happens in next 2 weeks, you'd have 10-2 Bama and 10-2 Tennessee and 11-1 OSU or Michigan loser sitting there with 13-0 UGA, 13-0 OSU/Michigan Winner (assuming they take Big Ten Title) with the final 2 playoff spots up for grabs.

Operation Chaos would be lovely

I mean we got smashed by a terrible South Carolina team. Being ranked 10 is being generous to us. We had our shot and we choked. Let’s hope we keep recruiting well and over achieving. This years ship has sailed. Just beat vandy and get the 10 regular season win milestone.

and of course Herbstreit picks vandy this weekend and said the team is fighting things are not good etc etc. pos

Kerk just said Tennessee is fighting in the locker room. So what is being rumored is true ??

Still a Top 10 team in the country. Respect. Just a bad day at the office. I do think a healthy Hooker is at least worth at least 10 more points though, that’s why a 21+ point spread against vandy is only 14 currently. Milton will move the ball and close us out strong though.

Most of us would have been thrilled to see our mighty Vols even crack the top 25 just a short couple months ago.

For sure. We are work in progress and losing on Saturday should not have happened, but the overall body of work is incredible. This is the most progress toward righting things that we have seen during our entire decade plus rebuild period.

VN Store

Back