Orange Bowl

I just saw where they have us playing in the Orange bowl down here in beautiful Miami...I'd be ok with that...Plus it is against a team we owe a beating to....North Carolina
After our bowl game performance last year , we may owe people a lot but gotta go do it

I want a rematch with kstate in the cotton bowl
Effin ice game and Darren Sproles, and that damn qb Beasely

win vs Vandy and it’s 90% Orange Bowl vs winner of Clemson and North Carolina.

It should be the Sugar Bowl but they have Bama ahead of us for whatever reason. Head to head means **** apparently lol

Losing to South Carolina in that fashion and losing Hooker, we are luckily to still be in the top 10.

I really don’t understand the grief being behind Bama after last night.

Losing to South Carolina in that fashion and losing Hooker, we are luckily to still be in the top 10.

I really don’t understand the grief being behind Bama after last night.

I’ve always ranked teams on resume more so than “what do I think they would do now against Bama” etc. to me that’s more power ratings stuff, instead of proper rankings. I mean I get their logic but don’t like that a win over them is meaningless apparently.

I’ve always ranked teams on resume more so than “what do I think they would do now against Bama” etc. to me that’s more power ratings stuff, instead of proper rankings. I mean I get their logic but don’t like that a win over them is meaningless apparently.

You can “proper” rankings but Bama’s two losses are to good teams. 1 of ours was a shellacking on the road vs USC. You can’t say we should be ahead of Bama because of a head to head when we got stomped. Like we are either a good loss for them or we aren’t because of how we got beat. Bama lost to two best teams on their schedule

We need to get these things called “athletes” to do that.
Not to beat a dead horse, but if we just tighten up the DB’s and rush 6-8 consistently, we would have shut down half their scoring drives at some point. That gives us more possessions to work with … and we eventually win 49-42 … think about it. We played our worst possible defensive game/plan/strategy perhaps in Vol history.

In a given year, conference, etc., at some point the team you beat will likely beat a team you lost to. And it’s more about the over all than head to head - unless you’re looking at 1 loss teams or a similar scenario. Once you get into the 2-3 loss category your head to head matchup doesn’t mean as much. BUT - we did best Bama AND the other team that beat them, LSU. So yes, that stinks to be ranked behind them.

Not to beat a dead horse, but if we just tighten up the DB’s and rush 6-8 consistently, we would have shut down half their scoring drives at some point. That gives us more possessions to work with … and we eventually win 49-42 … think about it. We played our worst possible defensive game/plan/strategy perhaps in Vol history.
We had Banks, Turnage and MacDonald were all out injured, and that left us with a box of turtles to cover their big athletic receivers. If you watch the replay, we played zone, man, and single high with various blitzes. Nothing worked. We need dudes.

We need dudes.
Won’t disagree. We are definitely lacking. Jimmy and Joe beats X and O … I get it. Just hard to believe we shut down KY and couldn’t stop SC. It was the perfect storm and all the things we LACKED caught up with us. Not to mention SC played their best game and we played our worst.

Can’t tighten up what you don’t have. The DB talent just ain’t there. Got to get more and better in there before that situation gets any better. And a new DB coach that can teach.

You may be right, but that kid can sling it.
Here's his stats
  • 3,614 yards. 34 tds. 4 ints. QBR 86.2

• Here's Young's stats
  • 2664 yards. 24 tds. 4 ints. QBR 80.3

I've actually been more impressed with Young this year, without all the weapons that every Bama QB has had over the last several years. And a sieve of an OL on top of that.

I've actually been more impressed with Young this year, without all the weapons that every Bama QB has had over the last several years. And a sieve of an OL on top of that.
No doubt Young is fantastic.
Without him they maybe 8/3-7/4

VN Store

Back