Dabo, Spurrier, EVERYBODY’s “Taking Shots”

My bet is Tennessee's trajectory is more up than either Clemson or South Carolina in the future. Time will tell.

Got me wondering. Of all the teams in the SEC, which ones have a better trajectory/go-forward potential than TN?

GA, Bama for sure. LSU and TX likely with "hot" new coaches and ample recruiting ground. But what about other teams? Take the East - I don't see a single team outside of GA better positioned than TN. What bout the West? Either Miss team? Not really. AUB but only if Lane goes and that leaves Ole Miss screwed so that is a wash. A&M? Arky? Other?

It's been a long time where we are a solid #5 in the conference going forward. And have beaten 2 teams in front of this on my list this year already. Yea, SC hurt. But our future is as bright as its been perhaps in some time. Maybe even 20 years.

Got me wondering. Of all the teams in the SEC, which ones have a better trajectory/go-forward potential than TN?

GA, Bama for sure. LSU and TX likely with "hot" new coaches and ample recruiting ground. But what about other teams? Take the East - I don't see a single team outside of GA better positioned than TN. What bout the West? Either Miss team? Not really. AUB but only if Lane goes and that leaves Ole Miss screwed so that is a wash. A&M? Arky? Other?

It's been a long time where we are a solid #5 in the conference going forward. And have beaten 2 teams in front of this on my list this year already. Yea, SC hurt. But our future is as bright as its been perhaps in some time. Maybe even 20 years.

I suppose we still have to include Florida on that list. But I'm not sure that in state talent is still the 'be all and end all' it used to be with NIL and kids transferring. If Saban leaves Alabama, is that school better positioned other than 'reputation'? For now, I agree that LSU, TX Schools, and Ga with FL have longer term upsides as things stand for now. I don't see Clemson maintaining over the long run.

Reactions: J C Higgins
Dabo and Spurrier just hating that TN is in the news more than them now
What do you expect. Dabo is afraid we will over take him , which we will, and Spurrier is finally trying to get his slimy name back in the news. Just remember where we started this year and what we have achieved. This is the beginning of the Good 0ld days from the late 1990s and we will c0ontinue to improve, especially when we have a roster with enough talent to compete, even which we lose starters to injury. The ride into the future will be fun.

What do you expect. Dabo is afraid we will over take him , which we will, and Spurrier is finally trying to get his slimy name back in the news. Just remember where we started this year and what we have achieved. This is the beginning of the Good 0ld days from the late 1990s and we will c0ontinue to improve, especially when we have a roster with enough talent to compete, even which we lose starters to injury. The ride into the future will be fun.

Reactions: Malivol
1) Spurrier quit on his team mid-season after getting beaten by Tennessee. He also doesn’t seem to have too much to say about his beloved Gators, especially regarding the recent loss to Vandy
2) Dabo running that mouth because he sees an opportunity for his team to back into another playoff. He seems to forget that his team got blown out by an unranked team a few weeks ago. He also sees what has happened this season at UT and understands what that means.
He had a quote awhile back about the opinions of people who don’t matter, but I don’t remember the exact wording. Maybe he ought to practice it.
The Big Orange is rent-free in their heads.

VN Store

Back