The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

Right now on Palmetto State Armory you can get the Holosun 407c classic (407a3 x2) 3 moa red dot with shake awake, 50k battery life, side battery tray for

$169……in stock at the moment.

Great dot, amazing for that money.

Reactions: StarRaider
First time placing a firearm in checked luggage for air travel. Delightfully easy process. I was expecting a nightmare of delays and cavity searches. No issues at all, probably added all of 10 minutes to the usual routine.
It’s super easy.

Revisiting this. I now have a Glock 19 and a 10/22. Not certain what direction I want to go in next.

I wouldn’t mind tuning up my Ruger MKIV pistol with an accurizing kit. That said I like to keep my 22LRs as cheap as possible.

I am not certain if the PCC is a path I want to go down. The 10/22 has made rifle shooting fun, and a 9mm rifle could be fun also. My issue is, even compared to the shortest barrel AR pistol, it doesn’t stack up well ballistically.

Finally, revolver. I would like a good S&W revolver. The small J-frames are nice, but I can’t imagine when I would carry it instead of my LCP Max when it comes to pocket carry. Does anyone conceal carry a revolver? If so what are y’all shoving in your trousers? For reference, I appendix carry.

Sorry for the ramble, I’m just at a firearm crossroads. 🤣

Help me out folks. It’s been nearly a full week that I’ve had my 1911, which means it’s time to think about my next purchase. I’m a degenerate.

This time I want to keep it under $600 if not a lot less. Here are what I’m considering:

Ruger 10/22
View attachment 456128
Simple, cheap, classic. Currently I don’t care for shooting rifles very much, but perhaps I would benefit from a economical platform to work with. I would try to get the most basic version to keep costs low.

Glock 19:

View attachment 456129

This one I’m am not certain about. Now that I carry the P365XL, my mind starts wondering if I could conceal a Glock 19. The advantage over the P365XL is that it will feel and shoot much more like a full size handgun. The P365XL still shoots and behaves like a smaller gun. Big downside of the Glock is if I get it and I can’t conceal it comfortably, it would be money wasted.

Beretta CX-4 Storm
View attachment 456130

I like how it’s unique but practical. It would mainly be a range toy, but with a red dot and weapon light, it could be a decent home defense gun. Works with the same magazines as the 92 and chambered in 9mm so it’s cheaper to shoot than my AR. Downside is limited aftermarket and I may not get a lot of use out of it.

View attachment 456132
I’m also thinking about a snub nose revolver, like a S&W J-frame. Always liked them, but realistically I don’t have a reason to carry one. I also don’t feel like adding another caliber to my inventory.

Can anyone chime in if they’ve had experience with any of the ones I’ve mentioned. I would love to hear what you all have liked and disliked. At this moment I feel like the 10/22 is the smart play financially and getting max usage at the range.

Reactions: YankeeVol
Revisiting this. I now have a Glock 19 and a 10/22. Not certain what direction I want to go in next.

I wouldn’t mind tuning up my Ruger MKIV pistol with an accurizing kit. That said I like to keep my 22LRs as cheap as possible.

I am not certain if the PCC is a path I want to go down. The 10/22 has made rifle shooting fun, and a 9mm rifle could be fun also. My issue is, even compared to the shortest barrel AR pistol, it doesn’t stack up well ballistically.

Finally, revolver. I would like a good S&W revolver. The small J-frames are nice, but I can’t imagine when I would carry it instead of my LCP Max when it comes to pocket carry. Does anyone conceal carry a revolver? If so what are y’all shoving in your trousers? For reference, I appendix carry.

Sorry for the ramble, I’m just at a firearm crossroads. 🤣
My totally amateur take is that a 9 mm PCC is great for what it does and a ton of fun to shoot. Scorpion, PC Charger, etc would be great in close combat/ protection, very affordable, and ammo is less expensive.

It's not the gun for distance, but slap a Romeo red dot and/or laser on one, and you have a good option with 30 round mags, negligible recoil, and no worry about shooting through a few walls.

Reactions: Nerd-Vol
@Nerd-Vol if you want a PCC, I have a Ruger PC Carbine Chassis that I would be willing to let go

I will keep that in mind! I am still super undecided on what I want to get next, still. It’s a good problem as I’ve ticked every box as far as sporting and defense, and now I’m in my “let’s try this” phase.

I would love to get some old cheap revolver at a pawns shop or just find something weird at a pawn shop. That said, I don’t know if ‘cheap’ still exists at pawn shops.

Alright. I think I’ve figure out the direction I want to go in. Ruger GP100 4” chambered in 357 magnum. I’ve been wanting a service caliber revolver for a while now, and I think this is a better choice than a small J frame S&W. I say that as I cannot imagine a scenario where I would pocket carry a 642 over my LCP Max.

With the GP100 I get something that if I want to carry in the winter, I might be able to, but I should have fun with as a range toy. Everything I’ve read recommends the Ruger over the S&W 686.

Now the question is, what finish should I go for?

I think the blued looks very nice, but the stainless is very appealing. My 1911 is stainless, so I may go for the blued as I don’t actually have any blued guns outside of my mossberg 500.

5524FD38-948E-4969-BF15-CA8C110BE03B.jpeg
D4824F72-446B-4BFC-8870-D23EA5B55F04.jpeg

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Alright. I think I’ve figure out the direction I want to go in. Ruger GP100 4” chambered in 357 magnum. I’ve been wanting a service caliber revolver for a while now, and I think this is a better choice than a small J frame S&W. I say that as I cannot imagine a scenario where I would pocket carry a 642 over my LCP Max.

With the GP100 I get something that if I want to carry in the winter, I might be able to, but I should have fun with as a range toy. Everything I’ve read recommends the Ruger over the S&W 686.

Now the question is, what finish should I go for?

I think the blued looks very nice, but the stainless is very appealing. My 1911 is stainless, so I may go for the blued as I don’t actually have any blued guns outside of my mossberg 500.

View attachment 516740
View attachment 516741
Conventional wisdom says, if it’s a carry gun, go dark because of glare.

Reactions: Nerd-Vol

VN Store

Back