Orange Bowl

You would think Sugar would rather have 40,000-50,000 Tennesseans than LSU who played in the dome earlier in the year.

Would rather play a traditional program instead of Cincinnati. Losing to a non-traditional team looks bad anyway. Would rather fall to Citrus than play in Dallas.

Wonder what a North Carolina Tennessee game would look like with no Hooker and with Tillman, Hyatt, McCoy, Byron Young, Paxton Brooks, Chase McGrath and Princeton Fant all opting out of playing in that game to prepare for the NFL combine.

Might be better off somewhere else.
All your assumption, I highly doubt they would all drop out. If you not truly hurt it isn’t a wise move. Many scouts don’t like that type of outlook of a teammate. Hurt is over thing, most true competitors play. But you tried your best to put the worst spin on it. We’re Tennessee we are 9-2 a win away from 10-2 we aren’t backing away from anybody. Only weak minded fans take your attitude. It’s a loser defeated attitude that sucks! GBO!!!!!

Not happening, no way Clemson makes it into the playoffs

LSU and USC loses and Clemson wins ACC, they will have a choice between 2 loss Bama, 12-1 Clemson, or 11-1 OSU/Michigan loser. Same goes for us TCU losing too

LSU and USC loses and Clemson wins ACC, they will have a choice between 2 loss Bama, 12-1 Clemson, or 11-1 OSU/Michigan loser. Same goes for us TCU losing too

I don’t think folks are paying attention to the standings.

Once OSU or Mich lose USC is in if they win.

If USC loses Clemson is in.

If TCU loses both USC and Clemson (LSU) are in…….pending wins of course.

I don’t think folks are paying attention to the standings.

Once OSU or Mich lose USC is in if they win.

If USC loses Clemson is in.

If TCU loses both USC and Clemson (LSU) are in…….pending wins of course.

Yup. I would not be surprised if Clemson backdoored the 4th spot. Actually would love to see their defense vs Georgia's offense. Would be the best front 7 that Georgia has faced all year. Well might be neck and neck with LSU

Reactions: JoAllan
Yup. I would not be surprised if Clemson backdoored the 4th spot. Actually would love to see their defense vs Georgia's offense. Would be the best front 7 that Georgia has faced all year. Well might be neck and neck with LSU

Basically Clemson is in Tennessee’s spot now. Their not as high but Tennessee pretty much needed TCU or USC to lose.

That’s all Clemson needs. Unless LSU wins they they might need both to lose.

All your assumption, I highly doubt they would all drop out. If you not truly hurt it isn’t a wise move. Many scouts don’t like that type of outlook of a teammate. Hurt is over thing, most true competitors play. But you tried your best to put the worst spin on it. We’re Tennessee we are 9-2 a win away from 10-2 we aren’t backing away from anybody. Only weak minded fans take your attitude. It’s a loser defeated attitude that sucks! GBO!!!!!
No, unfortunately, it’s a distinct possibility… folks sitting out for bowls.. as much as I like him, remember Alontae forgoing the bowl and the impact it had? Even teams having ‘good bowl games’ had lots of players skip for the draft.. I don’t think it looks good either, but it happens a lot now

This is what I read today.

****Gator Bowl (Dec. 30)Tie-In: ACC vs. SEC Projection: Notre Dame vs. Kentucky
Arizona Bowl (Dec. 30)Tie-In: MAC vs. Mountain West Projection: Ohio vs. Fresno State
***Music City Bowl (Dec. 31)Tie-In: Big Ten vs. SEC Projection: Illinois vs. Florida
***Reliaquest Bowl (Jan. 2)Tie-In: Big Ten/ACC vs. SEC Projection: South Carolina vs. Iowa
***Citrus Bowl (Jan. 2) Tie-In: Big Ten vs. SEC Projection: Penn State vs. Ole Miss
***New Year’s Six Bowls Orange Bowl (Dec. 30) Tie-In: At-Large vs. At-Large Projection: Clemson vs. Alabama
***Sugar Bowl (Dec. 31)Tie-In: At-Large vs. At-Large Projection: LSU vs. Kansas State
Rose Bowl (Jan. 2)Tie-In: Big Ten vs. Pac-12 Projection: Michigan vs. Oregon
***Cotton Bowl (Jan. 2)Tie-In: Big 12 vs. SEC Projection: Cincinnati vs. Tennessee
***CFB Playoff Peach Bowl (Dec. 31) Tie-In: National Semifinal Projection: Georgia vs. USC
***Fiesta Bowl (Dec. 31)Tie-In: National Semifinal Projection: TCU vs. Ohio State
***National Championship (Jan. 9)Location: Inglewood, Calif. Tie-In: Peach Bowl Winner vs. Fiesta Bowl Winner Projection: Ohio State vs. Georgia

Big "IFs"...Tennessee whoops Vandy by 20 ending 9-2 with UGA loss and crazy South Carolina supermen for the night game.
Michigan loss makes them 11-1 and still ahead of us....would be a great Citrus Bowl Repeat of Citrus bowl when we beat Michigan 45-10...I was there! South Carolina beats Clemson, and a few other teams in the top bowl competition go down and maybe we can get to Sugar, Citrus, or Orange Bowls. I prefer we not play #21 Cincinnati in Arlington, TX. Go Vols! BEAT VANDY AND MILTON'S STAR IS BORN!
10-2

Wonder what a North Carolina Tennessee game would look like with no Hooker and with Tillman, Hyatt, McCoy, Byron Young, Paxton Brooks, Chase McGrath and Princeton Fant all opting out of playing in that game to prepare for the NFL combine.

Might be better off somewhere else.
Kickers opting out? That would be a first.

VN Store

Back