Game Thread: (11/12) Lady Vols 63 - UCLA. 80

Foul trouble starting to mount for UCLAs interior

Not much time left but if we can draw a couple fouls could make this a game

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Sorry folks. Harper is not the answer. There is no offensive game plan, no disciplined execution on either end, no building of on court chemistry, no post presence, the list goes on. It looks like every game is like a pickup game at the Y. Kellie was bumped from a power 5 school (NC State) to a mid major for a reason. Yeah, she took an experienced mid major to a sweet sixteen, but even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.
Very appreciative of what Kellie did for this program as a player and her love for the Lady Vols, but I've seen enough games to know she is WAAAYY over her head. Warlick 2.0.

Ohio State and Indiana are having both easy wins again today. Ohio State has caused 25 TO at the half and last I saw were up 40. Trying to see some positive light with UT about to lose their 3rd game already.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Sorry folks. Harper is not the answer. There is no offensive game plan, no disciplined execution on either end, no building of on court chemistry, no post presence, the list goes on. It looks like every game is like a pickup game at the Y. Kellie was bumped from a power 5 school (NC State) to a mid major for a reason. Yeah, she took an experienced mid major to a sweet sixteen, but even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.
Very appreciative of what Kellie did for this program as a player and her love for the Lady Vols, but I've seen enough games to know she is WAAAYY over her head. Warlick 2.0.
It’s mainly recruiting, she’s not getting talented enough players at this point.

Your two best players, All American candidates. 7 for 26 and 3 rebounds a piece. Depth, where? huh? lol ijk

Are you sure about that? Where are the marquee wins going to come from? This doesn’t look like a team that’s going to beat South Carolina, Stanford, or UConn. Beyond that, the only real chances on the schedule for ranked wins are against VA Tech, or at LSU. And Mulkey whipped Kellie last year in Knoxville
Not 100% sure but the threshold to get into the NCAA's is pretty low. The SEC will get 8 or 9 teams in. Would you bet money today that Tennessee will not make the tournament ?

It’s mainly recruiting, she’s not getting talented enough players at this point.

Nah I don’t buy this. I mean we do need to recruit better but this portal class was loaded and we have enough talent to at least be better than we are playing.

We have an outdated system and we aren’t assembling the right team but I don’t believe we can just say recruiting. It is KJH tho

Reactions: Raebo and Voluble2
The offense is built around those two, so goes them, so goes... the offense, unless we can create more shots with steals, and rebounds.

Your two best players, All American candidates. 7 for 26 and 3 rebounds a piece. Depth, where? huh? lol ijk
Like I said before the team is not as deep as some say, it’s a lot of average players at best. We need better wing players that can handle the ball and create their own shot.

Not gonna happen, she’s been here 4 years already. She should have gotten stronger, she always gets pushed around and the ball gets knocked out her hands and she throws her hands up like she doesn’t wanna get hit or something.

If you look at the videos of the weights they are lifting it is pretty much just for show. Just pitifully small amounts on the videos I saw. And several of them came in larger and out of shape this season after we were told how hard they were working. There is too much rah-rah and too few people looking at the program with a critical eye. This team has all of the hallmarks of one whose coaches were not demanding enough of them and it is a bit late once the season starts to correct that.

Reactions: LadyVol1908
Nah I don’t buy this. I mean we do need to recruit better but this portal class was loaded and we have enough talent to at least be better than we are playing.

We have an outdated system and we aren’t assembling the right team but I don’t believe we can just say recruiting. It is KJH tho
I agree but the team is very limited athletically and weak in the post.

Not 100% sure but the threshold to get into the NCAA's is pretty low. The SEC will get 8 or 9 teams in. Would you bet money today that Tennessee will not make the tournament ?
If I got +400 or better odds on it, I’d consider it, actually.

VN Store

Back