someone needs to be fired today

hey if you have a bad performer at work you keep them...no way they are out the door, common sense but then its not all that common

Interesting. Everytime Saban or Richt has lost a game they shouldn’t have lost, should they have been fired for their “bad performance”?

It’s only common sense, right? You don’t keep a “bad performer”

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
You guys really believe that a better coach is going to want this job if we fire the coordinator and secondary coach not even two full seasons into a rebuild?

Not necessarily, but let’s not pretend that coaches aren’t fired every day and every year in less than 2 years when they don’t perform either. Plenty of OC’s and DC’s have been let go by programs that upgraded and benefited immediately. By the same token there are lots of those that were fired that went on to have success somewhere else. We will see how our HC handles it and whether his decision is the right one, time will tell.

Interesting. Everytime Saban or Richt has lost a game they shouldn’t have lost, should they have been fired for their “bad performance”?

They have never lost like this with stakes being so high. This was just horrible all the way around and demands a scape goat.

Their performance as a coach or even player today over time. And we now had virtually a full season, is enough to transition them out. Who knows. They may have already had those conversations behind doors. We will see

Our defense never punched above weight. Ranked below 100 all year for pass yards allowed. We could keep going with Banks but anyone who has confidence he can get us where we want to be hasn’t been paying much attention.

We need to recruit and see what happens.

They have never lost like this with stakes being so high. This was just horrible all the way around and demands a scape goat.

Kirby Smart lost a playoff shot to SC in 2019. He also got blown out by not so great Auburn and LSU teams in previous years.

Saban lost two games to teams with far inferior rosters this season also missing the playoffs.

Those are equally high stakes and the same result.

Nothing demands a scapegoat. It’s one game in what has been the best season for TN football in 20 years

Their performance as a coach or even player today over time. And we now had virtually a full season, is enough to transition them out. Who knows. They may have already had those conversations behind doors. We will see

Interesting because when I look at what our defense has done “over time”, it’s actually impressive. Did you sleep through the Pitt, LSU, and Kentucky games?

If I told you at the beginning of the season we’d be 10-2 but have a really bad loss to USC, every single person would be pleased with that.

Interesting because when I look at what our defense has done “over time”, it’s actually impressive. Did you sleep through the Pitt, LSU, and Kentucky games?

If I told you at the beginning of the season we’d be 10-2 but have a really bad loss to USC, every single person would be pleased with that.
lol its the same response...."if I told you" LOL

lol its the same response...."if I told you" LOL

You mean I’m evaluating the total body of work over time rather than cherry picking one poor performance? If everyone is giving you the same response, perhaps you should listen. There’s likely more wisdom in that than there is your knee jerk reaction

Has this team over achieved or underachieved?

Defense has been suspect most of the year but they’ve had moments where they dominated as well. Lack of consistency up front is an issue and lack of quality on the back end is an issue.

We’re gonna need to recruit some studs.

Reactions: Vol8188
I dont think the OP realizes this whole "fire coach X now" knee jerk reaction is what started this whole sh*t show
Have you learned nothing about how keeping bad coaches too long can sink a program for a very long time? Do you need a Dooley, Butch and Pruitt reminder?

I dont think the OP realizes this whole "fire coach X now" knee jerk reaction is what started this whole sh*t show

If we let the reactionaries run the program we’d have a hell of a hard time firing banks from his lifetime deal after the performances against Pitt, LSU, and Kentucky

We need to recruit and see what happens.
I saw what happened. Got a 60 piece hung on us by a bottom dweller. Inexcusable. If it was just our DBs I’d be willing to accept it’s a personnel issue. But our pressure was zilch the last few games. And Banks refused to send any other rushers. He’s had two years to put together just a mediocre defense. If he stays he stays but I have no confidence in him anymore.

Reactions: loservol
Why do you “have” to fire someone today?

You could lose recruits. You could lose some current players. Not to mention your not going to replace them right now anyway.

The D definitely needs a change. However Tennessee is just 1 game away from the end o the regular season. You can certainly wait and actually start finding your replacement. Maybe you could have someone in place very soon after a firing happens and you don’t lose many D recruits…….depending on who you gain (as a coach) maybe you could pick up recruits somewhere.

Heupel’s been fired as a reactionary scapegoat. No way he does that to anyone til after a bowl.

Reactions: Orange.
You just can't get blown out like the way they did last night with everything to play for. Again, this is the kind of lost that send a team right back to wandering in the wilderness for another decade.
Wrong. Your name is very apt.

someone needs to be fired today...Defensive coaches...see ya, do it now to send a message.
Take a clue from Dabo and what he did after WVU killed them in the Citrus bowl a few years ago
Patience grasshoppa

Not a huge Kevin Steele fan, but little question he would have been a better fit. Tons of SEc experience. Would have still had Garner and likely much better options for coaches for LB and DB. Plus it would have mitigated his buy out.
As soon as I heard Martinez, I cringed.

VN Store

Back