The Official #5 Tennessee @ South Carolina Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

Yeah, that UGA team won 11 games and finished in the Top 10 though. South Carolina got blown out last week by Florida. And Florida lost today to Vanderbilt.
Vandy beat Florida. Florida beat South Carolina. South Carolina beat Tennessee. Therefore, Vandy should beat Tennessee next week right ?

This is the type of loss that have top notch defensive recruits considering TN going “whoa WTF? maybe that ain’t where I need to be”. One of the most embarrassing losses in TN football history.
That's a good take. UT has been winning all year by offense. We don't have a back 7 period on defense. Smart recruits should know that playing time will be immediately available. Heupel should address this ASAP so we don't lose any of those recruits. I'm surprised we've won 9 games this year.

Yep about all our tackles tonight were after the 1st down marker. Very few TFL or QB hurries or sacks. We let one of the worst QBs this year have a SEC player of week game.
The way Tennessee's secondary played tonight is hands down the worst performance by a specific unit that I've ever seen from a Tennessee team. This was even worse than we had under Sunseri. There really isn't anything nice to say. It was like the 4th quarter of the Florida game ... for 60 minutes.

But.... must be, though since the D coaches are getting paid a LOT of money to do it that way

TN's D coaches are getting paid a BUNCH of money to let their opponents run all over 'em

Shoot.... you can pay me several hundred thousand dollars to make sure my DBs don't know how to turn their head and look for a ball

Heck... I can do that from my couch
****, at this point, give me a grand and all the Blue Label I can drink and I'll do the job...and better.

Reactions: GhostVol
Yep, can't win every game by offense only, defense has to step up and win some. I was concerned when SC scored on its first possession and more so on their 2nd possession. But when they scored on the 3rd and 4th consecutive possession I knew this game was over. TN's high powered offense could not overcome this garbage defense.
Nope.. Puts way too much pressure on them to be perfect. They have to fix the defense and get a tougher mindset in these road games. You're going to get teams best shot and that's been the second time we failed at that.

This argument just doesn't fly with me. Look at what CJH did with his offense last year and again this year. We certainly didn't have great players last year and they're only slightly better this year BUT CJH's coaching made us competitive. On the other hand, the defense has been pathetic 2 straight years and has shown very little, if any, improvement. This is just poor coaching and not the lack of Jimmy's and Joe's. Major changes need to happen with the D staff otherwise we will continue to suffer embarrassing loses year after year.

It could be both.

Funny enough to make even the most dispirited smile.
Just before leaping from 30 stories....

it’s amazing to me how athletes look past what they believe are lesser opponents like they can flip the switch instead of just beating their eyes shut and leaving no doubt.

Vols looked past SC and it cost the team and the fan base a chance at the CFP. I hope Heupel and the Vols get that chance again but it’s a tough tough road.

VN Store

Back