Something is amiss.

Hahahah. We were never over rated. The exact opposite actually. But keep posting as you will get it right one day.
Yes, we have been overrated for a big portion of this season. We were never a #1 team and are not a top ten team. Where we fall in the rankings is a more accurate representation for what we are this season.

Reminds me of 2016 with the collapse. Ironically, South Carolina ended our SEC East hunt that year as well. College Football is such a ****** sport to be honest. Same teams win it all the time. I am thinking about going NFL because sick of seeing the same stupid teams like Georgia and Ohio State always win it. Probably need to have some kind of rules to give more parity such as limiting 4/5 stars each team can pick up.
We started the season unranked, so not overrated...we did get over-ranked.

What was it 2005-2007(?) when we started the year ranked in top 10 and then finished like 5-7?

Reactions: volcop1
We’re in the hunt for the playoffs and this is what we do. This loss is on everyone on the coaching staff and every player on the roster. The team seemed disinterested in playing a football game today and this baffles me. Do we have locker room issues or something? I just can’t wrap my mind around this performance against a mediocre South Carolina team with so much on the line.
look at our secondary, it's a piecemeal defense, lots of freshmen,

Reminds me of 2016 with the collapse. Ironically, South Carolina ended our SEC East hunt that year as well. College Football is such a ****** sport to be honest. Same teams win it all the time. I am thinking about going NFL because sick of seeing the same stupid teams like Georgia and Ohio State always win it. Probably need to have some kind of rules to give more parity such as limiting 4/5 stars each team can pick up.

Me and my brother had the privilege of attending that epic meltdown. Quite the experience. Locks for ATL and blow it to a pedestrian SC team. The Cock lover who kept turning and singing Rocky Top to our small group of TN fans was a nice touch. That horrible night pales in comparison to this. UT as 3 TD faves and SC covers our spread... easily. Virtually locks for the playoff and instead do something even more impressive: turn a season of emphatic "TN IS BACK" sentiment into somehow one with the added "to their usual pathetic antics" which is almost impossible to fathom. Yet, they did it. With a single game. Even with the bad memory of that night in Columbia in mind, my worst fear was not shining enough for the committee by allowing SC to hang around for too long. Leaving us out of the playoff with the best resume by far was what I envisioned for a letdown to this epic season. They still have the old Tennessee soul after all.

Nobody gave this team a chance to win 9 games to be honest. Rattler sucked early in the year but is a 5* that hit his stride at the right time. This ain't on the coaches or players. We'll be fine. If we're being honest with ourselves there's a rebuild ahead of us. Somebody started a thread several days ago that rebuilds are a thing of the past. Wrong. Even Danny White has recently said it's a few years. We'll be fine. But we ain't making a playoff game this year.
no...
we make Qbs look like this

Reactions: Volontario
We started the season unranked, so not overrated...we did get over-ranked.

What was it 2005-2007(?) when we started the year ranked in top 10 and then finished like 5-7?

The fact is we are NEVER good in any sport. Even with Basketball, we have still never made a Final Four. It is like a program of perennial disappointment.

We’re in the hunt for the playoffs and this is what we do. This loss is on everyone on the coaching staff and every player on the roster. The team seemed disinterested in playing a football game today and this baffles me. Do we have locker room issues or something? I just can’t wrap my mind around this performance against a mediocre South Carolina team with so much on the line.
Has all the look of a serious locker room issue to me…. Rumors of infighting…. Banks not playing… Tillman loafing

South Carolina was the better team on this night. Simple as that. They out coached us and flat out out played us on both lines of scrimmage. We got embarrassed by a garbage football program in a season where we had a real shot to make some serious waves. Now we are back to being laughingstocks again. Pathetic.

Okay, let’s slow our roll a bit. They will go to a lower level bowl game. They are not great by any stretch, but they are not “garbage” either.

Defense didn’t even get on the bus to Columbia. Couldn’t cover, couldn’t tackle, couldn’t get pressure on the qb. Made an average to below average offense look like a bunch of all Americans. Just a terrible terrible defensive performance.
Exactly and too many people want to say it’s because banks did not play and that is not true we looked terribly prepared and were out of position all night long and once again the secondary was torched!

Calm down and sober up. We'll be ok. This is the SEC. There are no gimmees.

3 TD faves and to lose by more than we were favored. In such a fashion. Being all but in the playoff. Granted, I always figured we would get screwed and a team with a resume reading "conference champions though" would be placed above UT. I could live with that.

What I just witnessed on the other hand, is anything but a "the SEC is tough" shoulder shrug situation. "What the actual mother duck even for Tennesee" level is where this debacle firmly sits. It will stay right where it's at long after the emotion has calmed.

VN Store

Back