The 2nd career adventures of Yankee

Sounds like it’s fixing itself back. Is it because people are no longer buying? I’m seeing more and more on lots now. Seems like dealers are trying to get rid of 22’ stock to make way with 23’ models. Also, I’m sure Toyota dealers will be the last to lower their prices back down.
If one can be patient, it will get better. The problem is, most people are impatient (I'm one of them lol).

They may be "discounting" their inflated prices. It's not like there's 100's of '22s on the lot. There are minimal discounts.

I like to play a game and call dealerships and see what their "real" price is. Often (like 9 times out of 10), it's not what's advertised.

The car industry is a sham. Not all dealerships are bad, but a lot still are (the ones who are still stuck in the old way of things, making the most money as possible*).

*I get the point of business is to make money, but there is a line. The auto industry is WAAAAAAAAAAY over the line more often than not.

Reactions: zhangliao04
If one can be patient, it will get better. The problem is, most people are impatient (I'm one of them lol).

They may be "discounting" their inflated prices. It's not like there's 100's of '22s on the lot. There are minimal discounts.

I like to play a game and call dealerships and see what their "real" price is. Often (like 9 times out of 10), it's not what's advertised.

The car industry is a sham. Not all dealerships are bad, but a lot still are (the ones who are still stuck in the old way of things, making the most money as possible*).

*I get the point of business is to make money, but there is a line. The auto industry is WAAAAAAAAAAY over the line more often than not.

I’m looking at getting a full size truck over the next year at most. The Sierra 1500 and RAM 1500 are my top choices right now. What are your thoughts between the two? I like the F150 but Ford dealerships have been the worst with jacking up prices along with Toyota dealerships.

I’ve also noticed that the Sierra’s are no o longer coming with the Dynamic Fuel Management stuff.

Reactions: tn4elvis
I’m looking at getting a full size truck over the next year at most. The Sierra 1500 and RAM 1500 are my top choices right now. What are your thoughts between the two? I like the F150 but Ford dealerships have been the worst with jacking up prices along with Toyota dealerships.

I’ve also noticed that the Sierra’s are no o longer coming with the Dynamic Fuel Management stuff.
If you like the Sierra, get a Silverado. You’re paying $4-$5K because it says GMC. I have the ZR2. The Sierra AT4X was almost $7K more. The only discernible difference is massaging seats.

The new base engine for GM is a 2.7L 4 cylinder. Some of the V8s still have the DFM (probably 50/50 for ‘22 models).

Ram won’t hold trade value nearly as well as the others.

I liked my F-150, I just liked my Silverado more. Which is why I went back to one. Plus I’m not a huge fan of a turbocharged V6 in a full size truck.

If you like the Sierra, get a Silverado. You’re paying $4-$5K because it says GMC. I have the ZR2. The Sierra AT4X was almost $7K more. The only discernible difference is massaging seats.

The new base engine for GM is a 2.7L 4 cylinder. Some of the V8s still have the DFM (probably 50/50 for ‘22 models).

Ram won’t hold trade value nearly as well as the others.

I liked my F-150, I just liked my Silverado more. Which is why I went back to one. Plus I’m not a huge fan of a turbocharged V6 in a full size truck.

Yeah, you gotta go V8. Anything less and it’s best to get a mid size truck. And I definitely don’t trust an i4 in a full size. Makes no sense to me why they did that.

I’ve looked at the Silverados, just like the look of the GMC more. Why do the Rams not hold value well?

Yeah, you gotta go V8. Anything less and it’s best to get a mid size truck. And I definitely don’t trust an i4 in a full size. Makes no sense to me why they did that.

I’ve looked at the Silverados, just like the look of the GMC more. Why do the Rams not hold value well?
They do ok, just not as good as Chevy/GMC/Ford. Because anything Fiat/Chrysler makes is a giant POS lol (Wranglers hold their value because of the cult like following)

Reactions: VolNExile
They do ok, just not as good as Chevy/GMC/Ford. Because anything Fiat/Chrysler makes is a giant POS lol (Wranglers hold their value because of the cult like following)

Bronco has reach that same status now as well. It’s stupid expensive to buy a Bronco.

I was involved(organizer, board member) with a bank for about 12 years. If you become a lender, and you have a lot of "quality" loans you become more valuable to your bank. That does not happen on day 1.
Lenders tend to work their way up to VP.

Good to hear. I'm certainly not badmouthing the industry. I respect anybody that works their way up in banking.
The salary is half of what I made last year. However, there is commission too. Figured I’d give it a go. Worst case I can always go back to cars.

Reactions: VolNExile
The salary is half of what I made last year. However, there is commission too. Figured I’d give it a go. Worst case I can always go back to cars.
Last year was completely off the charts for car sales. There may never be another year like that.

I have managed a Ford store for 32 years. If you want a F150 let me know and I will help you.We sell a lot of vehicles in the Knoxville area.

Last edited:
I have managed a Ford store for 32 years. If you want a F150 let me know and I will help you.Text me at 4234439557

Brave soul posting a mobile # online. Have any degenerate Endzoners sent you nude pics, yet? Kidding aside, I encourage you to mix letters and numbers to avoid all but the most sophisticated number scraping bots, e.g. four 2 three 4 four 3 nine 55 seven.

Reactions: tn4elvis

And people waste their money on them knowing they are utter crap. Can spend same money on an acceptably restored FJ or import 70 series and have a real 4x4.

Reactions: tbh
Brave soul posting a mobile # online. Have any degenerate Endzoners sent you nude pics, yet? Kidding aside, I encourage you to mix letters and numbers to avoid all but the most sophisticated number scraping bots, e.g. four 2 three 4 four 3 nine 55 seven.
Thank you for your help

Yeah that’s a little bit much. We are a family owned dealership that has been in business since 1978 so we try to not gouge our customers while still being profitable.

Same here. Customers are going to remember how we acted during this time. Some dealers are going to ruin their business.

VN Store

Back