Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

She has an injured toe. Supposedly day to day.
I watched the end of that game after ours was over.
Fudd was unbelievable in the 4th quarter, 17 points.

Sounds like she had a nice game.

She’ll need to carry them most of the season.

We need someone to step up in similar fashion.

I think a Texas team at full strength would walk over UConn. Remember TX's injuries are temporary, UConn's are for the whole season
I think a UConn team at full strength would kick Texas' a$$ all the way back to Austin. Not only is UConn missing their star player but they are also missing their top recruit and one of their last year's starters played very limited minutes in her 1st appearance this year coming off an injury.

Last edited:
I think a Texas team at full strength would walk over UConn. Remember TX's injuries are temporary, UConn's are for the whole season
I think a UConn team at full strength would kick Texas' a$$ all the way back to Austin. Not only is UConn missing their star player but they are also missing their top recruit and one of their starters played very limited minutes in her 1st appearance this year coming off an injury.
Manwhile, back at the ranch…

Both teams played with who could dress and get on the court. Jones(TX) and Ducharme (CT) were limited by earlier injuries. Both teams played with intensity. One prevailed.
That is called reality. Hypotheticals don't count.

See Vic Shaefer's postgame interview for some hard-nosed analysis.

2023 #NCAAW Top 10 commitments:
Juju Watkins - USC
Mikayla Williams - LSU
Jadyn Donovan - Duke
Ciera Toomey - North Carolina
Hannah Hidalgo - Notre Dame
Kamorea Arnold - UConn
Aalyah Del Rosario - LSU
Montaya Dew - Arizona
Zoe Brooks - NC State
Courtney Ogden - Stanford

PAC and ACC loading up

Reactions: lfvol
I think a UConn team at full strength would kick Texas' a$$ all the way back to Austin. Not only is UConn missing their star player but they are also missing their top recruit and one of their last year's starters played very limited minutes in her 1st appearance this year coming off an injury.

Based on the original post, I think they were saying that players available this year, which was basically Texas’s point guard. It clearly stated that UConn’s two players are out for the year. However, you have to play the game with who you have available, nobody understands that better than UConn over the past few years. From what I saw, even if Harmon was playing, UConn still wins this game.

Based on the original post, I think they were saying that players available this year, which was basically Texas’s point guard. It clearly stated that UConn’s two players are out for the year. However, you have to play the game with who you have available, nobody understands that better than UConn over the past few years. From what I saw, even if Harmon was playing, UConn still wins this game.
I think Texas would have won with Rori and a healthy Taylor Jones. Gonzales has not looked comfortable and I think not having a PG on the court (especially one of Harmon's caliber) hurts her game. Jones was able to score at will in her limited minutes, but is on a minutes restriction. They will look different in 2 months once everyone is healthy. Even then, they were competitive against UConn on the road with a lot of missing key players (yes, I know UConn is missing Bueckers and Brady, but neither are coming back this season).

I think Texas would have won with Rori and a healthy Taylor Jones. Gonzales has not looked comfortable and I think not having a PG on the court (especially one of Harmon's caliber) hurts her game. Jones was able to score at will in her limited minutes, but is on a minutes restriction. They will look different in 2 months once everyone is healthy. Even then, they were competitive against UConn on the road with a lot of missing key players (yes, I know UConn is missing Bueckers and Brady, but neither are coming back this season).

I am not totally sure of the definition of competitive, but Connecticut was up by 17 or 18 throughout the majority of the second half. I know the final MOV was something like seven, but teams with a large lead often tend to take the foot off the pedal. However, The main point of my original post was saying the original poster was not referring to year ending injuries, just people who were missing temporarily, which would be Harmon, and therefore claiming UConn was without B&B was not an accurate response to the original post. (My personal opinion, which is just that, an opinion, that UConn would’ve won regardless was secondary.)

I know some are debating our strength of schedule being so rough (I personally like it, just think we aren't well coached).

But God LSU is pathetic. Their best game is a mid tier Pac 12 school?

They play like 5-6 opponents who rank 300+

Crazy.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I am not totally sure of the definition of competitive, but Connecticut was up by 17 or 18 throughout the majority of the second half. I know the final MOV was something like seven, but teams with a large lead often tend to take the foot off the pedal. However, The main point of my original post was saying the original poster was not referring to year ending injuries, just people who were missing temporarily, which would be Harmon, and therefore claiming UConn was without B&B was not an accurate response to the original post. (My personal opinion, which is just that, an opinion, that UConn would’ve won regardless was secondary.)
I think the point would be that when they get Taylor Jones and Rori back going to be very tough for UConn to beat them if they play again cause you can't get your two key players back and they will.

VN Store

Back