Transfer portal discussion

I personally think WR will be our second best position depth wise next year, Hyatt back Bru Squirrell, Webb and Nimrod and Merrill. Plus incoming Leacock and Sillman and Seldon. DL should be our best position with some coming back and the development of JJ and JP on the edges we should be really good up front
I’d be absolutely shocked if Hyatt is back

Haven’t been super active in this thread and haven’t seen our name seriously popping up with any potential portal guys anywhere else. Anyone I should be keeping an eye on when they enter soon?

texas a&m's entire class probably.
I had a similar thought but upon reflection, I'm not sure it's a given. I think Heupel is wary of recruiting any player who may disrupt the locker room and negatively impact the "culture". I'm not saying all the aTm recruits are bad apples, but I do think if there is interest, the kid will have to be a good fit. He won't just take a kid based on some recruiting ranking.

I had a similar thought but upon reflection, I'm not sure it's a given. I think Heupel is wary of recruiting any player who may disrupt the locker room and negatively impact the "culture". I'm not saying all the aTm recruits are bad apples, but I do think if there is interest, the kid will have to be a good fit. He won't just take a kid based on some recruiting ranking.
agreed. I was just referring to keeping an eye on their entire class being available to teams.

Reactions: CAVPUT and berryvol
Teams without top talent don’t consistently compete for championships. Without Hooker having an amazing year we have another loss or two right now.

The transfer portal is the way to quickly balance the scales. Players that don’t see the field leave and talented players take their place.

I agree with this. If he gets a top grade he is gone. Just as he should be.
I don’t think he will. He has been schemed wide open on a lot of his receptions. I don’t think that wins him points.

He needs to prove he’s physical enough also. UT hides him often to prevent opponents from getting hands on him at the LOS.

If he goes it will be a mistake IMO

I don’t think he will. He has been schemed wide open on a lot of his receptions. I don’t think that wins him points.

He needs to prove he’s physical enough also. UT hides him often to prevent opponents from getting hands on him at the LOS.

If he goes it will be a mistake IMO
Very good point and I agree. I think he's back next year, too. If he's not, I have no qualms about Squirrel in the slot.

Cryptic and vague tweet leaves much to be desired. Who is rumored to be leaving? And where are they supposedly going? Say more wiltfong!
Tennessee gonna be able to choose any skill player they want on offense in that portal.
Don’t worry…
What I’m looking for is Elite DB’s & LB’s…
We get stocked up there, this sh*t over.
💯

Tennessee gonna be able to choose any skill player they want on offense in that portal.
Don’t worry…
What I’m looking for is Elite DB’s & LB’s…
We get stocked up there, this sh*t over.
💯
And a RB, and OT. And if both ced and Jalin go pro, we want a WR too. Would have been nice to have won the recruiting battle with bama for those juco wr and lb prospects.

Cryptic and vague tweet leaves much to be desired. Who is rumored to be leaving? And where are they supposedly going? Say more wiltfong!

Josh Pate said a couple of weeks ago that he has talked to numerous coaches and they expect the portal to be unlike anything you've ever seen this year, particularly with the Texas A&M fiasco. They have what... 50+ 4 stars and 10 or so 5 stars on their roster? There could be some crazy pickups from the portal this year none of us expect.

And a RB, and OT. And if both ced and Jalin go pro, we want a WR too. Would have been nice to have won the recruiting battle with bama for those juco wr and lb prospects.
If indeed we lose Tillman and Hyatt, then McCoy, Keyton, and White are the likely starters next season with a room full of promising young guys who might take big steps forward. Gonna take a pretty special WR to step into that mix and win playing time. Same with the returning RB’s. Got 3 coming back that have all shown to be quality SEC RB’s with another talented freshman red shirting so it will take a pretty special talent to bust into that rotation also. Awesome if a Gibbs type guy is out there and wants to join up but is that likely?

VN Store

Back