‘23 NC DL Daevin Hobbs (Tennessee commit)

f577511113a942a4ffb7e7c38f538265.gif

These ppl act like UT is giving up almost 40 a game on defense like Vandy or something. We are just under 22 which is almost top 30 in the country. That’s what matters. And that’ll work just fine when you score 47 ppg. All the empty yards teams get while they are down 25 don’t really bother me. It skews the stats for sure. There’s only been a couple games where they truly got torched. Sure we have major secondary concerns that are getting addressed in recruiting but still not bad for yr 2.
Let them remain delusional. It makes their next beat down all the more fun to watch

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Our defense definitely isn’t horrible. It’s solid. We’re still lacking in talent on that side of the ball though if we want to remain a consistent playoff contender each year. It looks like our recruiting though is closing that gap.
As Donde Plowman said on Pawl's show a few weeks ago...." wait till we really get good!"

I take exception to the "new Clemson" in that comment. How about the old Tennessee? As in, things are getting back to the way they're supposed to be. Clemson only got that way because we let them.
They’re idiots. They think they’re SEC royalty and don’t realize that they were nothing until recently

GA could have scored 21+ more if they wanted, plus the rain helped us. They were throwing at will on our D and barely threw the ball in the 2nd half. Imma Huge Vol Fan but don't get it twisted, they went very conservative in the 2nd half because they didn't think we could score on them..which was correct on that day..Maybe a rematch at a neutral site and see what happens. NOBODY was beating GA that day. Plus it's not easy to beat a team twice in one season. I don't know if we can beat them with how horrid our Secondary is coached, but I believe we would score more than 3..Especially if we eliminate the pre snap penalties. Go Vols!
UGA had every reason in the world to blow UT out if they thought they could without too much risk. They do not want to see UT again on a neutral field with the Vols playing their best ball.

UGA is great. They’re very talented. They did not get UT’s “a” game

Not disagreeing with any of that, but my thought on that statement in the UGA post wasn’t accomplishments related, it was recruiting related. The reason it was funny, is because historically, UT is the recruiting juggernaut.. not Clemson. The truth is Clemson came in and started pulling players from areas that UT was historically good recruiting in, even stealing a couple big time commitments from Knoxville alone, and all during a time when UT was on a downward trend on the field. We can’t become the “new Clemson..” when the reality is Clemson really became the “new Tennessee..” during the last 7-10 years or whatever it’s been. That’s the laughable part to me. We aren’t becoming the “‘new Clemson..” in recruiting, we are just trying to get back to where we were. And the post is right, let us get to the CFP and the route back to where we were gets quicker.

Clemson also has had a 10x easier path to the playoffs than Tennessee had in the 80’s, 90’s and 00’s. The only SEC caliber program they had to compete with was FSU. The rest of the programs in the ACC, besides Miami and to a lesser extent North Carolina under Mac, are teams that struggle to recruit above 30th. 8 SEC teams recruit in the top 25.

I’d rather have a million people give me a dollar than one give me a million.
- Danny Thomas

There is power in numbers.

Not arguing that. But if the numbers donate what they can on top of the rich people donating what they should, we will be in good shape. That’s all I’m saying

Reactions: jth3z

VN Store

Back