Tennessee Lady Vol News

Crap coaching tonight. This OSU team is not even impressive.

You are half right. That showed where UT is at the moment from a preparation standpoint. The coaching staff needs to do much, much better. But, Ohio State was very impressive tonight. Outside of poor shooting in the first half they were very good.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Ok, don’t know what thread to put this in, but I have some thoughts about our line up. I believe we all agree that Key, Horston, Rickea, and Powell should get a lot of minutes. It looks to me like Rickea is sort of holding back, so Horston can do her thing. Either they learn to play as a duo, and share scoring with each other and Key and an outside shooter, or we’re wasting Rickea’s talent (she can also rebound), and Horston is wearing herself out, which leads to mistakes.

We also totally wasted Sara’s talent in the last game. Not only is Sara able to shoot from anywhere on the court, including 3’s, but last year she blocked defenders under the basket for our player to have an open layup.

This may sound radical, but maybe we would get more overall production if Rickea were to play with Sara and Hollingshead, and whomever. We also have Justine who needs to play. Sort of have two teams who can compete, and I’m not sure which team would be better to tell you the truth. To sub a 3 point shooter into the original starting line up of the last game, just doesn’t seem enough, when you have at least 2 other 3 point shooters sitting on your bench.

Just trying to think of ways to let all our talented players have the opportunity to shine.

GO LADY VOLS!!!

Last edited:
Ok, don’t know what thread to put this in, but I have some thoughts about our line up. I believe we all agree that Key, Horston, Rickea, and Powell should get a lot of minutes. It looks to me like Rickea is sort of holding back, so Horston can do her thing. Either they learn to play as a duo, and share scoring with each other and Key and an outside shooter, or we’re wasting Rickea’s talent, and Horston is wearing herself out, which leads to mistakes.

We also totally wasted Sara’s talent in the last game. Not only is Sara able to shoot from anywhere on the court, including 3’s, but last year she blocked defenders under the basket for our player to have an open layup.

This may sound radical, but maybe we would get more overall production if Rickea were to play with Sara and Hollingshead, and whomever. We also have Justine who needs to play. Sort of have two teams who can compete, and I’m not sure which team would be better to tell you the truth. To sub a 3 point shooter into the original starting line up of the last game, just doesn’t seem enough, when you have at least 2 other 3 point shooters sitting on your bench.

Just trying to think of ways to let all our talented players have the opportunity to shine.

GO LADY VOLS!!!
I was thinking a lot of what you said here. I think Horston and Jackson playing together may not work to well. We may need to par them with different players. I think Key when she is not fouling and sitting goes well with Horston and so does Darby you could add those three work Puckett at the four with Key which has worked before and add Walker in at the two. Jackson could go with Powell, Hollingshead, Franklin and Pissott. or Suarez. I really don't know how Miles, Wynn, and Striplin fit in right now haven't seen any of them play much except Wynn who looked like the same player she was last season. Miles has played less than anyone and thought she was good last season when she got playing time. Striplin can't help us this season will she ever be able to or is there just not anything left with so many players.

I was thinking a lot of what you said here. I think Horston and Jackson playing together may not work to well. We may need to par them with different players. I think Key when she is not fouling and sitting goes well with Horston and so does Darby you could add those three work Puckett at the four with Key which has worked before and add Walker in at the two. Jackson could go with Powell, Hollingshead, Franklin and Pissott. or Suarez. I really don't know how Miles, Wynn, and Striplin fit in right now haven't seen any of them play much except Wynn who looked like the same player she was last season. Miles has played less than anyone and thought she was good last season when she got playing time. Striplin can't help us this season will she ever be able to or is there just not anything left with so many players.

Yes, basically I would like to see a point, one slasher, 2 outside (3 point) shooters, and a post on the floor. Key and Horston together, and Key may have foul trouble, but separate Rickea and Horston, and hopefully we’ll have two 20 point players, plus the possibility of a lot more 3’s. I do believe Striplin will help us this season.

Last edited:
Ok, don’t know what thread to put this in, but I have some thoughts about our line up. I believe we all agree that Key, Horston, Rickea, and Powell should get a lot of minutes. It looks to me like Rickea is sort of holding back, so Horston can do her thing. Either they learn to play as a duo, and share scoring with each other and Key and an outside shooter, or we’re wasting Rickea’s talent (she can also rebound), and Horston is wearing herself out, which leads to mistakes.

GO LADY VOLS!!!
I really like this angle.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

GO LADY VOLS!!!

Yes, these are good points, but I don't think we're maximizing our potential if we decide to keep Jackson and Horston from being together on the floor. Imagine what terrific basketball we could see if those two got in sync together. In fact, if that happened, it might make the difference in a great season vs a good one. I think they should both be slashing, rebounding wings with Powell the PG and Key the 5 with a rebounder/scorer at the four, either Franklin, Puckett, or Hollingshead. I don't think we benefit from having a second PG in the main rotation. It didn't help against the OSU press, so what is the benefit?

A pretender to the throne....
Molly-Miller.jpg

Looks like the Rutgers game is a 12 noon game EST and will be shown on Flo Sports which is of course the disappointing part. Price for one month is 29.99 and what you get is wretched video. Still deciding if I will just listen.

Last edited:
Looks like the Rutgers game is a 12 noon game EST and will be shown on Flo Sports which is of course the disappointing part. Price for one month is 29.95 and what you get is wretched video. Still deciding if I will just listen.

Pretty sure it used to be $9.99 if they tripled the price I’d hope to see some improvement in the quality of the videos.

Reactions: Volfan2012

VN Store

Back