Let us consider what KJH might be doing

Lumping Holly and Kellie into the same coaching bucket lessens your credibility. Key and Jordan have made significant improvements during their time as LVs. Rae Burrel went from a bull in a china shop as a freshman to a first round pick in the WNBA. Tess Darby massive step forward between her freshman and junior year,.

last year this team was an absolute monster when it came to defense and rebounding (though injuries took things down a notch as the season progressed).

After two games, the people who I suspect have a Jeff Walz obsession are coming out of the woodwork to attack the team which is figuring out to integrate a significant number of players into the team and had to adjust on the fly to an injury to their star, Jordan Horston.

These rants are getting tiresome,
How comparing Holly and Kellie lessens credibility is shortsighted. When I watch the games, I am watching every aspect. I watch what is going on with the players when they don’t have the ball. This is important. If you know anything about basketball, it is all about fundamentals and talent. Tennessee has had plenty of talent for many years. What they haven’t had since, to be honest, last 3 years of Pat, Holly’s tenure and now Kellie, is a fundamentally sound basketball team. They don’t communicate properly and they play helter skelter basketball. This is nothing new for a long time. They pass the ball as it they are trying to make ESPN top ten. Now yes they do have moments where they play together, but those are few and far between. I think they play hard, but their lack of communication and fundamentals is disconcerting. I hope they get better, because I watch as many games as possible.

How comparing Holly and Kellie lessens credibility is shortsighted. When I watch the games, I am watching every aspect. I watch what is going on with the players when they don’t have the ball. This is important. If you know anything about basketball, it is all about fundamentals and talent. Tennessee has had plenty of talent for many years. What they haven’t had since, to be honest, last 3 years of Pat, Holly’s tenure and now Kellie, is a fundamentally sound basketball team. They don’t communicate properly and they play helter skelter basketball. This is nothing new for a long time. They pass the ball as it they are trying to make ESPN top ten. Now yes they do have moments where they play together, but those are few and far between. I think they play hard, but their lack of communication and fundamentals is disconcerting. I hope they get better, because I watch as many games as possible.

Building a positive team culture is a big part of success and that is where Holly let things get really toxic. The LVs current team culture seems absolutely fantastic.

I am not judging this team just yet since we have only had TWO games with a very different squad.

When you look at last year's team, prior to the loss of Keyen Green, the LVs played lights out team defense and dominated the boards, something very characteristic of a Pat Summitt team no less.

Last edited:
I believe everything will be fine once they become accustomed to playing together as long as everyone plays as a team.

It’s a lot of new pieces to play with/work in. It will work itself out. Trickiest part is our schedule. We left ourselves no mercy. Have to hope it pays off in March 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

Almost half of our roster is new, folks. We have played 2 games and one of them mostly without Jordan. They need time as ANY team in any sport or even office would need to gel and get moving in the best direction. I don't get the frantic, obsessive need to be negative at every turn. I truly hope a lot of you live your lives differently than how you post on the board.

So unfortunately I got behind a couple of days and had to Wade through a lot of these post but I have a question for the people who say Kellie doesn’t get after the players……how do you know? I’m genuinely curious. Is there an all-access pass to practice that we can purchase that I’m missing?

Almost half of our roster is new, folks. We have played 2 games and one of them mostly without Jordan. They need time as ANY team in any sport or even office would need to gel and get moving in the best direction. I don't get the frantic, obsessive need to be negative at every turn. I truly hope a lot of you live your lives differently than how you post on the board.

It is really weird. From these comments, you would think the LVs were in the mid-point of the season with a losing record. Like a volatile stock market, those bullish on Kellie over-inflated how strong the team would be from the get-go (though there were cooler heads who warned that it might take a while for all these new pieces to gel.) But in that "Kellie is golden" summer," with Justine and a great transfer portal class coming in, those "bearish" on Kellie were left seething. Once the Lvs hit a bump in the road against OSU and looked a little shaky against UMass, "the bears" have themselves over corrected in flooding the board with bizarre "Kellie's a failure" proclamations.

Last edited:
It is really weird. From these comments, you would think the LVs were in the mid-point of the season with a losing record. Like a volatile stock market, those bullish on Kellie over-inflated how strong the team would be from the get-go (though there were cooler heads who warned that it might take a while for all these new pieces to gel.) But in that "Kellie is golden Summer," with the Justine and a great transfer portal class coming in, those "bearish" on Kellie were seething. When the Lvs hit a bump in the road against OSU and looked a little shaky against UMass, "the bears" have themselves over corrected in flooding the board with bizarre "Kellie's a failure" proclamations.

So this is what a bear market looks like here. Funny, I thought the bears would be bigger.

Last edited:
So unfortunately I got behind a couple of days and had to Wade through a lot of these post but I have a question for the people who say Kellie doesn’t get after the players……how do you know? I’m genuinely curious. Is there an all-access pass to practice that we can purchase that I’m missing?

I think these posters are, in fact, Bobby Knight using multiple fake accounts. If Kellie ain't throwing chairs at players and literally grabbing them by throat after making a bad pass, then she is too SOFT!!!

It is really weird. From these comments, you would think the LVs were in the mid-point of the season with a losing record. Like a volatile stock market, those bullish on Kellie over-inflated how strong the team would be from the get-go (though there were cooler heads who warned that it might take a while for all these new pieces to gel.) But in that "Kellie is golden Summer," with Justine and a great transfer portal class coming in, those "bearish" on Kellie were left seething. When the Lvs hit a bump in the road against OSU and looked a little shaky against UMass, "the bears" have themselves over corrected in flooding the board with bizarre "Kellie's a failure" proclamations.
Amen to ALL of that! (golf claps over here)

Why does it take 5 years when recruiting in the portal is instant?

So now it's FIVE years is it? 🤣

goal-post-moving.gif

Someone can correct me but I believe Maria is saying Pat never scheduled a ranked team for the first game of the season. An away game adds a difficulty factor.
I know Kellie was getting Jordy’s hometown game in.

Someone can correct me but I believe Maria is saying Pat never scheduled a ranked team for the first game of the season. An away game adds a difficulty factor.
I know Kellie was getting Jordy’s hometown game in.

I remember always playing an international team as an exhibition. Did that for years. Pat did play a ranked team in the first game on occasion. I think I counted 7 times. Stanford, La Tech, Virginia to name a few.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I remember always playing an international team as an exhibition. Did that for years. Pat did play a ranked team in the first game on occasion. I think I counted 7 times. Stanford, La Tech, Virginia to name a few.
I’ve messed that up. Let me see if I can find what she specifically said. Hold please.

Okay, her tweet said never opened on the road against a ranked opponent. Missed the on the road part😬

UCONN typically don’t have losses to lesser talented foes like Our Lady VOLS do. Even with major injuries. How do we or can we get back to that level like in the Pat era ?

UCONN typically don’t have losses to lesser talented foes like Our Lady VOLS do. Even with major injuries. How do we or can we get back to that level like in the Pat era ?
won't get back to that era. Too much parity in the game and too much investment in other programs that were not around during those Pat years.

won't get back to that era. Too much parity in the game and too much investment in other programs that were not around during those Pat years.

I agree to much parity in the game now. But when it comes to recruiting i think Kellie my need to make a change on the staff ? Just my opinion or try a different approach.

I agree to much parity in the game now. But when it comes to recruiting i think Kellie my need to make a change on the staff ? Just my opinion or try a different approach.
She 100% needs to make a change and do a complete overhaul.

There is always some excuse for the lady Vols becoming a mediocre team. Could it be coaching?

There is always some excuse for the lady Vols becoming a mediocre team. Could it be coaching?

Are the Lady Vols an elite team? No, not at this point.

Are they a "mediocre" team? Not unless you consider making the Sweet Sixteen, finishing in the Top 15 nationally, and finishing third in a 14-team P5 conference "mediocre." By those standards, over 300 teams and their coaches are horrible.

VN Store

Back