The Official #11 Tennessee vs. Colorado Game Thread, 2:00 PM ET, ESPN

Over reaction to a bad loss.

Yes, this wasn't a good performance but this happens in basketball.

We just beat Gonzaga and Michigan state in closed/open scrimmages.

Almost every team each season has bad losses.

That doesn't mean much when A) those don't count and B) you turn around and lose to Colorado.

Reactions: Tenacjim
Over reaction to a bad loss.

Yes, this wasn't a good performance but this happens in basketball.

We just beat Gonzaga and Michigan state in closed/open scrimmages.

Almost every team each season has bad losses.

Great teams don’t lose to terrible teams. We were 20 point favorites. Not 2. 20. The Texas Tech and Texas losses last year were fine. Those are Top 25 teams with Top 10 defenses. Poor shooting nights happen against great defense.

Listen, I’m not saying the season is over or anything. It’s a long season. But there are enough red flags here to tell me that we should temper our expectations. We look like we figured we could just show up and win and not even play hard.

Great teams don’t lose to terrible teams. We were 20 point favorites. Not 2. 20. The Texas Tech and Texas losses last year were fine. Those are Top 25 teams with Top 10 defenses. Poor shooting nights happen against great defense.

Listen, I’m not saying the season is over or anything. It’s a long season. But there are enough red flags here to tell me that we should temper our expectations. We look like we figured we could just show up and win and not even play hard.
The guy on the sideline shouldve made you do that.

Yep. We didn't seem to play hard. Colorado definitely wanted it more

Yep. We didn't seem to play hard. Colorado definitely wanted it more

That was probably one of the two most surprising things. I didn’t see any urgency from this team till we were down 14 minutes with 3 to go. Just looked to be going through the motions.

I just hate how some of you turn it to 11 to bash our team to other fans.

Ugly game, but it’s just one game. Team is young and will have some growing pains, just gotta hope they learn from it and get better.

I guess they thrill of beating a top ten team in a defense optional exhibition game is gone now.

I just hate how some of you turn it to 11 to bash our team to other fans.

Ugly game, but it’s just one game. Team is young and will have some growing pains, just gotta hope they learn from it and get better.
There was nothing about Tennessee that led me to believe they were just young today, they got their butts handed to them due to lack of effort and defense.

VN Store

Back