‘23 TN EDGE Taylor Wein

kamoshika

Taylor Wein - Nolensville - EDGE

While I don't know if he's on UT's radar yet, interest in Wein exploded this week when his senior film became available. He has picked up offers from Ole Miss, Missouri, Oklahoma, Virgina Tech, and Southern Cal over the past 3 days. So far this year he has tallied 85 tackles, 30 TFL, and 8 sacks. As you can see in his highlights, Wein is cat-quick and explosive:

The first thing that jumps off the page about Wein is his first step. He’s quick off the snap, often allowing him to beat his blocker before they even come out of their stance. He displays good hand usage at the point of attack to defeat blockers. Wein shows off a strong set of pass rush moves, deploying a diverse set to keep blockers off balance. He can win inside and outside when rushing the passer.

As a run defender, it’s clear his length causes problems for offensive linemen. Despite his height, he shows a strong ability to play with leverage and does a great job at setting the edge and playing with discipline in the run game.
Oklahoma Sooners earn crystal ball for 2023 EDGE Taylor Wein

Last edited:
Have seen the guy on TV (chan.30) - - He ant bad!!! Would look good in orange. I just can't understand why we seem so slow making offers to these Tenn. high schoolers, are they not the equal of or better than some of those from other areas?

My guess is spots are pretty limited in 2023, and we have several other defensive line targets that are higher on the board.

Reactions: ACvol3
Have seen the guy on TV (chan.30) - - He ant bad!!! Would look good in orange. I just can't understand why we seem so slow making offers to these Tenn. high schoolers, are they not the equal of or better than some of those from other areas?
This kid has the athletic ability, he is just now coming into his own. Late bloomer which to me is much better than someone who peaks early. Kid is a stud. He is the EXACT reason that the transfer portal is there. If he doesn’t get the offer he wants, he can show out one year and then transfer if he wishes.

You're going to see a lot of this because of Covid. It isn't unique to Tennessee. It's happening in every state.

My guess is spots are pretty limited in 2023, and we have several other defensive line targets that are higher on the board.
You can actually sign as many kids as you want this year. Just have to stay at the 85 scholarships.

You can actually sign as many kids as you want this year. Just have to stay at the 85 scholarships.

I know. But, we aren’t that far off the 85 unless I’m mistaken. The 2023 class is also close to full. We’re probably being pretty selective in who we take. You’ve got priority targets like Carter, Hobbs, M’Pemba, Davis, etc. I’m sure the staff is probably waiting to see how those shake out.

Reactions: VolNash17
The 85 limit is the issue. We have several seniors not participating in senior day. I assume that means they have already had conversations about coming back for a super senior year. JuJu Mitchell, Tank McCullough, Ramel Keyton, Jeremiah Crawford, Aaron Beasley, Kurott Garland, Roman Harrison, Warren Burrell, Ollie Lane, and Joe Milton are some notable names not on the list of participants.

I live in Nolensville and have been to several games this year and he was the guy on defense that always stood out to me. He has a knack for making plays in the backfield.

The 85 limit is the issue. We have several seniors not participating in senior day. I assume that means they have already had conversations about coming back for a super senior year. JuJu Mitchell, Tank McCullough, Ramel Keyton, Jeremiah Crawford, Aaron Beasley, Kurott Garland, Roman Harrison, Warren Burrell, Ollie Lane, and Joe Milton are some notable names not on the list of participants.

If McCullough is the starter next year I’m going to be underwhelmed.

His Film is impressive because his athletic abilities for a 6'5 guy is tremendous. Feet are amazing. If we decide to take this kid I would be happy. Get him in weight program kid has big upside. In CHRIST Alone

Reactions: LittleVol

Taylor Wein - Nolensville - EDGE

While I don't know if he's on UT radar yet, interest in Wein exploded this week when his senior film became available. He has picked up offers from Ole Miss, Missouri, Oklahoma, Virgina Tech, and Southern Cal over the past 3 days. So far this year he has tallied 85 tackles, 30 TFL, and 8 sacks. As you can see in his highlights, he is cat-quick and explosive:

The first thing that jumps off the page about Wein is his first step. He’s quick off the snap, often allowing him to beat his blocker before they even come out of their stance. He displays good hand usage at the point of attack to defeat blockers. Wein shows off a strong set of pass rush moves, deploying a diverse set to keep blockers off balance. He can win inside and outside when rushing the passer.

As a run defender, it’s clear his length causes problems for offensive linemen. Despite his height, he shows a strong ability to play with leverage and does a great job at setting the edge and playing with discipline in the run game.
Oklahoma Sooners earn crystal ball for 2023 EDGE Taylor Wein

5* or bust! JK

If McCullough is the starter next year I’m going to be underwhelmed.
I really wish they would move him to STAR position.

Let Charles back there at safety.
Still want to see Deniko back at the other safety. Have Walker rotate with either as well as at STAR.
At CB Hadden, Turnage, Rucker, Gibson, Matthews, Conyer

Of the freshman
Smtih, Slaughter, Matthews, and Gibson will play a lot. Especially Smith and Gibson.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Dude is very quick and disruptive. Looks damn near unblockable. What kind of competition is he facing.

I really wish they would move him to STAR position.

Let Charles back there at safety.
Still want to see Deniko back at the other safety. Have Walker rotate with either as well as at STAR.
At CB Hadden, Turnage, Rucker, Gibson, Matthews, Conyer

Of the freshman
Smtih, Slaughter, Matthews, and Gibson will play a lot. Especially Smith and Gibson.

I agree, Tank would be better suited at STAR next year. He is better closer to the LOS. We need more speed at both safety spots next year.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I agree, Tank would be better suited at STAR next year. He is better closer to the LOS. We need more speed at both safety spots next year.
Speed AND instincts.

So sick of seeing him be out of position All the damn time...
That long TD for Mizzou should have been an easy INT for Tank, but instead he knocks his own teammate out of the play...smh

The Mizzou game in 2020 same thing.
Georgia earlier. I honestly don't believe we would have beaten Bama had Tank been able to play.

VN Store

Back