Game Thread: Lady Vols 75 - Ohio State 87

I will watch this team again when Kelli is no longer on the sidelines. I though Holly was bad, but this is beyond belief.

Reactions: Bsport
28 turnovers. That is sickening. I’m perplexed by that number on a first game. Did we even have that type of number last year?

8 games with 20+ turnovers, 23 games with 15+ turnovers last season. It's been a problem with Kellie's teams for a while, but it's obviously a lot more pronounced in a game like this. Either way, it's really an unacceptable attribute of her squads and should spell the end for her tenure at Tennessee if it doesn't shore up en route to a Final Four this season.

Why press and play hard now? You should have started pressing 10 minutes ago. This staff is average at best.

Reactions: VolBall09
It's too bad we struggled so much to get the ball across half court, given how easy it's been to get Key looks in the half court offense here in the last few minutes.

Reactions: LadyVol1908
I really hope these UT reporters really ask Kellie wth she was doing this game? Like, really ask her why she was holding timeouts? Why her team wasn’t prepared for the press, when everyone knows that’s one of the biggest problems besides turnovers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Voluble2 and Bsport
This is just like when Holly was coach. The team has to do everything one on one, and they just panic at some point in the game and give it away.

The is going to hurt Kellie and the program more than just one loss.
9 assists to 29 turnovers. If not for Horston's ability to just 1-on-1 and be productive, this would be even more brutal.

Unless the rotation is cut to 9 or 10 and really build a team that doesn't fall apart under pressure ,this will be a very long season.

I really thought that turnovers this year would be reduced.......hope that changes in a hurry but playing 15 people won't get it.....especially against good teams .Right now this is not a Top 25 team must less a Top 5 team.

VN Store

Back