The Official #11 Tennessee vs. Tennessee Tech Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, SEC Network+

We have the pieces.
-ZZ will be great all year. Spark plug as always
-Santi can shoot better than he did tonight,
-Phillips is everywhere and more physical and athletic than I thought. Reminds me a lot of JJJ
-Key is going to have a game where he scores 30+
-Defense was great but had some breakdowns where we can learn.
-Have to take better care of the ball but we will do better as we get more reps.
-Shot 14-44 from 3. 32% but if we can get that to 17-44 that would be 39% where we want to be. That gives us a chance in every game. We will be tough to beat when we are shooting lights out.

Here’s to another great year. Go Vols

Nice showing from BJ Edwards to close it out. He's gonna be good for us eventually.

44 3PT attempts seems a bit high, but can't complain much about a 32 point win holding the opponent to 43.

Just hope BJ doesn’t get stars in his eyes and think the grass is greener elsewhere. The kid has a lot of talent but needs to harness it and work within a system. Barnes will get him to where he wants to be, just trust the process.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I only got to watch the 2nd half, but we looked pretty good. I think Edwards and Awaka will not play big minutes, but can help rest some folks, and do just fine. Mashack looks a whole lot more comfortable this year, and could easily get double-digit minutes.

I only got to watch the 2nd half, but we looked pretty good. I think Edwards and Awaka will not play big minutes, but can help rest some folks, and do just fine. Mashack looks a whole lot more comfortable this year, and could easily get double-digit minutes.
More depth than I honestly expected.

Reactions: i2amavol
I think Phillips and Aidoo showed the most in the post tonight. Phillips really looks like he’s going to be a star, great aggressiveness to the ball and the basket, smart passing and see the court well. Even looks like a nice stroke out from the basket as well. Excited to see what he develops into.

ORN and Uros, well, not much has changed there with those two. Both are going to play a part but it feels good to have some guys capable right there in the wings.

Just hope BJ doesn’t get stars in his eyes and think the grass is greener elsewhere. The kid has a lot of talent but needs to harness it and work within a system. Barnes will get him to where he wants to be, just trust the process.

With Key, Santi, and JJJ all gone after this season I don’t think BJ will be rushing out the door.

VN Store

Back