Bold Predictions: Lady Vols at Ohio State

As excited as we are about this team, we have GOT to show a teeny bit of patience to start the season because they will need time to truly mesh as a team. No team is going to look Final Four ready right from the start, so I hope everyone will keep that in mind. My hopes for the first 5 or 6 games are that we 1. Win 2. Have no injuries 3. Show snippets here and there of all they CAN be later on 4. Show steady improvement, and 5. See great body language from every player in the game and on the bench.

They'll need time to work out the kinks.

I'm encouraged that we have some really good shooters now to go with our length and quickness. One of our biggest weaknesses the past decade is we didn't have many shooters and it really slowed our offense. It's hard to be patient with a team like this. Great talent on the wings, a rejector inside, a shooter at the off guard and an experienced PG plus the ability to substitute effectively at every position plus......this team can shoot. If they can do it early and in a hostile setting, look out.

It's fantastic to have a player of Justine's caliber waiting to bomb the big 3 balls and thrill all of us to the max.....I mean this girl plays and shoots from where that demon lives....And she's all Lady Vol!

In a short time, this is what our opponents will vision when Justine steps onto the court....The 3 point demon!
Best-Occult-Movies-That-You-Should-Watch-in-2021.gif
GT, she is going to be so much fun watching the next 4 years, exciting young player and players that talented are why we all love to watch this game. I put aside affiliations when I watch great players like Paige, Stewy, Wilson, Boston, Howard etc etc.. I just watch and Enjoy the game. I don’t lose track of whoI want to win, but I enjoy it all.

UT 82 OSU 69

OSU is going to get killed on the boards and likely in the post. If Jackson goes off along with Jordan, Key and the other bigs are going to have lots of room to maneuver. I think UT averages a little over 20 points per quarter versus this ranked opponent.

Last edited:
SEC this year likely ends with two top 5 teams in SC and UT. After that, LSU is currently ranked 16 preseason and only plays two games versus ranked opponents, against SC and UT once each. They could easily lose only 2-4 games and end up ranked near the top 10 even with that ridiculously weak schedule. They will be a handful in spite of that though, LSU did well in the portal also, and will be the only real challenge to beat either SC or UT in conference play imo. Outside of those 3 teams, the SEC looks down this year.

Last edited:
Why are most here expecting a blowout? Seems ill-advised against a team returning most of its important parts from a team that most recently smoked LSU and lost to Texas by 3 in the Sweet 16.
Sheldon in particular could cause us lots of problems.

Why are most here expecting a blowout? Seems ill-advised against a team returning most of its important parts from a team that most recently smoked LSU and lost to Texas by 3 in the Sweet 16.
Sheldon in particular could cause us lots of problems.
Their bigs are pretty bad compared to UT, none average more than 5 rebounds and none are a scoring threat beyond some fall in your lap buckets. UT is going to own the boards. Horston may likely out rebound their bigs herself.

Last edited:
Reactions: travis929
UT 82 OSU 69

OSU is going to get killed on the boards and likely in the post. If Jackson goes off along with Jordan, Key and the other bigs are going to have lots of room to maneuver. I think UT averages a little over 20 points per quarter versus this ranked opponent.
Yup, my pick as well. Tennessee will own the backboards and allow them to really pressure OSU's perimeter threat. Sheldon and Mikesell will get their points, but I expect both to shoot under 40%.

The biggest thing for Tennessee is to take care of the ball. OSU is a very good uptempo team and like to cause turnovers. If UT can control that then I expect a 10+ victory as well.

The biggest thing for Tennessee is to take care of the ball. OSU is a very good uptempo team and like to cause turnovers. If UT can control that then I expect a 10+ victory as well.
This is where I think Powell will make a huge impact. I don't think Kellie has ever had a true, veteran PG on her team since she took over. If Powell makes smart decisions and the rest of the team isn't just flat out careless, then the TOs should be greatly reduced this season.

Horston and Jackson get double doubles as the Lady Volunteers coast to a double digit win tonight.

I'll take the Lady Vol's 78 - 67. this will be a bad loss for Ohio State at home. As always go Lady Vol's.

VN Store

Back