Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

That is a surprise. Every time I see stories like this I wish for a 50+1 like the Bundesliga. Hopefully Liverpool can find a UK based buyer instead of another wealthy person/group abroad looking for a new hobby.

That is a surprise. Every time I see stories like this I wish for a 50+1 like the Bundesliga. Hopefully Liverpool can find a UK based buyer instead of another wealthy person/group abroad looking for a new hobby.
If they do fully sell, hopefully they find a buyer that isn’t an oil backed nation-state, but also not an American. After the close call with the Super League laid bare the complete lack of understanding the American owners have for the sport and culture that surrounds it, the fewer of them the better IMO.

Reactions: NorCalVol67 and C/O
It still doesn’t seem clear whether they’ve fully put the club up for sale, or are just looking to sell a non-controlling stake. Will be interesting to see what happens.

The alert I got from Bleacher Report said it would be a controlling stake, but also the tweet above makes it seem like they aren’t saying “we are selling no matter what”, but more of “we will sell for the right price and buyer but won’t sell if it’s not the right price.”

If they do fully sell, hopefully they find a buyer that isn’t an oil backed nation-state, but also not an American. After the close call with the Super League laid bare the complete lack of understanding the American owners have for the sport and culture that surrounds it, the fewer of them the better IMO.

I bet Jim Ratcliffe makes a run at it. Britain’s richest man and he tried to get his foot in the door at the last minute at Chelsea. He’s also apparently made advances and comments about Man United and how he wants to get the club back into British hands. Ratcliffe is a Chelsea fan who has season tickets. He’d have to separate from all of that.

Reactions: C/O
I can’t seem to find who will be showing Arsenal vs Brighton’s Carabao Cup match tomorrow.

Hope FIFA looks at this years World Cup and realizes that never again should it fall in the middle of a season. The amount of names that are going to be missing from this WC because of minor 1-2 month injuries is terrible. Rumor now that Sadio Mane most likely missing it as well after his injury this weekend.

Hope FIFA looks at this years World Cup and realizes that never again should it fall in the middle of a season. The amount of names that are going to be missing from this WC because of minor 1-2 month injuries is terrible. Rumor now that Sadio Mane most likely missing it as well after his injury this weekend.

I'm trying not to let my anger over the location of this World Cup dull my excitement, but that anger has been going on for a dozen years now.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
The back and forth between Leeds and Spurs has been super entertaining.

VN Store

Back