‘23 Nigeria C Rueben Abuchi Chinyelu

I understand the recruiting rankings are different, but ZZZ didn’t get any rankings respect either yet has proven to be quite the talent. Awaka appears to me to have a really high ceiling.
Awaka might have a higher college ceiling but Rueben will likely be a first round pick one day.

Reactions: walkenvol
I understand the recruiting rankings are different, but ZZZ didn’t get any rankings respect either yet has proven to be quite the talent. Awaka appears to me to have a really high ceiling.
Not saying he doesn’t have a high ceiling, just think Chinyelu is a bit further along, also probably 2” bigger as well at least

I think they could form a very effective alliance.

In the words of Queen:

I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now

Last edited:
Imagine choosing to go to Rutgers or WSU over Tennessee or Florida. Surely not.
You would think. But who knows what’s going through this guys head being from outside the states. Can you easily come on visits and grasp the pecking order of these programs in the process?

Rutgers hasn’t been terrible lately.

The hair is fooling you, as is Nkahmoua’s slight lean…

Attachments

• 4698E097-CF98-49B5-AF23-05679E8B77BB.jpeg
    4698E097-CF98-49B5-AF23-05679E8B77BB.jpeg
    672.6 KB · Views: 72
Don’t have much read, said the other day I’d defer to @Stoerner Fumbles on this one…I’ve heard he’s been quiet since his last 2 visits and our staff really doesn’t know, which usually isn’t a great sign, but maybe that’s just how he is.
You probably already know, but Rob Lewis said in the war room that he’s been quiet with every school on his list, so not much can be read into that. It seems he and his family are just very private about their thoughts.

You probably already know, but Rob Lewis said in the war room that he’s been quiet with every school on his list, so not much can be read into that. It seems he and his family are just very private about their thoughts.
Yea, I posted his quote in the 2023 target list thread.

Reactions: TrapVol
The hair is fooling you, as is Nkahmoua’s slight lean…
I think he is still clearly taller than ON, even if only slightly. Even if we conceded that they are the same height, someone's height is incorrect. I don't know how anyone looks at that and comes away with the opinion that ON is the taller player, even with the slight lean.

I have no idea why I feel this way, but my gut has me feeling like he chooses Rutgers. Man, what a change in weather that would be for him lol.

I think he is still clearly taller than ON, even if only slightly. Even if we conceded that they are the same height, someone's height is incorrect. I don't know how anyone looks at that and comes away with the opinion that ON is the taller player, even with the slight lean.
Who said Nkahmoua is the taller player? Fwiw Finland listed Nkahmoua at 6’8” during FIBA play.

Who said Nkahmoua is the taller player? Fwiw Finland listed Nkahmoua at 6’8” during FIBA play.
He’s taller than ON who is listed at 6’9” and he’s not 2-3 inches shorter than Aidoo.
You responded to this with a picture and a ruler and pointing out that you believe the hair is fooling him and noting a slight lean.

There is a certain unstated quality there that implies you are not in agreement. So, no, you didn't explicitly say that ON was taller, and, in fairness, I never explicitly stated that you did. But it seems like your reply and photographic evidence was intended to be proof of something.

Avoiding the height debate… Nothing much to report on this recruitment. Prior to the last round of visits, he was in heavy communication with coaches. He’s been quiet, but apparently asked to be left alone while deciding. His dad is religious and is very trusting of Barnes. I still hope that plays here, but there are some peripheral parties involved and that is never good. Prior to the last US trip, he had said he would announce next week. Not sure if that remains true. Most of what I’m saying here is reading tea leaves. There isn’t much on the hard data front.

VN Store

Back