Auburn / Harsin

Harsin checked out of this season before it ever began. He is a dreadful coach. So Glad the goobers on the plains have to deal with that dip $hit.
He should have stayed in Boise at least they love him at Boise State and will take him back with open arms

Reactions: tbwhhs
Auburn is a better job but it’s not better enough right now to make me leave if I’m Kiffin.

I would need to see at least a couple of years of stability in the administration before I would make that move.

He has more than enough job security at Ole Miss to wait for a better situation.
Lane Kiffin believes that if he only had NIL money, he could win the super bowl at Auburn. Lane Kiffin believes that Lane Kiffin is THAT good.

Freeze with a guaranteed $40M contract with zero stress, zero pressure at Liberty would have to be mental to move to Auburn.

Kiffin is a pipe dream for Auburn. He can get his ass kicked regularly by Saban and Smart at Ole Miss without the dysfunction that is Auburn. I think Kiffin thinks Saban will pick him as his successor...... but I'd not be surprised if <gulp> Saban suggests Heupel as his heir apparent at Alabama.

Could Jimbo get bought out at aTm and end up at Auburn?

Could Sark or Venables jump to Auburn?

Realistically, Auburn doesn't even have a decent AD candidate, much less a path to a quality coach. Anyone up and coming with aspirations of a career in the SEC would be crazy to look at Auburn right now. There's not a "splash" hire desperate nor stupid enough to take Auburn right now.

If I were Auburn I'd hire Kevin Steele. He is likely acceptable to the boosters, would probably take the job, knows the SEC, and can't be worse than Harsin culturally or technically as a coach.

Rumor down here in Alabama is the MISS STATE AD will be moving over to Auburn. Interesting if true, would he bring Leach? How would he fit down in THAT culture. I’m about to look at what coach’s he has ties with

Auburn has to, or should, get an AD before they worry about a coach. It sounds like they are working on that. Harsin has had a few weeks to get some moving boxes rounded up. A new AD would probably be the end of the “when is he going to be fired talk”.

Reactions: Plecoptera
Friend of mine who is an Auburn grad says Harsin probably won’t make it to the end of the year. They look like a program that’s going to be in the dumps for a while.

Thoughts?

If Auburn hires Mississippi State's John Cohen as their new athletic director per Pete Thamel of ESPN, I think Dan Mullen could be a possible replacement for Harsin.

Reactions: WillisWG
Friend of mine who is an Auburn grad says Harsin probably won’t make it to the end of the year. They look like a program that’s going to be in the dumps for a while.

Thoughts?

He’s a dead coach walking. Wouldn’t be surprised if Harsin is out by tomorrow considering empty seats, quiet crowd, and record.

I'm seeing messages saying some guy Jon Sokoloff (a reporter who covers MState) is tweeting that the Cohen hire is a done deal.

Given that it's the season, someone should start a "ghoul pool" for when Harsin is shown the door.

Ole Miss to Auburn is not a lateral move. It's more lateral than it otherwise might be given Auburn's dysfunction, but Auburn is a step up from Ole Miss in the SEC pecking order.
Exactly.
2 years ago from ole M to UT was a lateral move.
But everyone knew the potential at UT over ole M wasn’t even close.
Same thing at Auburn. Ole Miss has peaked.
Much higher ceiling at Auburn

If Auburn hires Mississippi State's John Cohen as their new athletic director per Pete Thamel of ESPN, I think Dan Mullen could be a possible replacement for Harsin.
Does Dan Mullen have enough juice in his resume to please the boosters down there?
I find it doubtful.
He fell short at UF, and AUB sees themselves at that level, and they should, I guess.

Reactions: VAVol85

VN Store

Back