Team News (current roster)

I think PG play/backup PG & post scorer are the biggest “questions”, not necessarily a glaring weakness. I think Zeigler will at the very least be solid and not a weakness, question will be 10mpg backing him up, if Key can hold it down then that spot will be fine. Last year we were horrible 2pt scoring, that led to those patented droughts we had that really hurt us, not having a go to post scorer. Will a healthy/improved Nkahmoua be that? Plavsic? Phillips as a 4?

An assertive JJJ filled that void some towards the end of last season. A continuation of that would be another option. No guarantees, but 4 potential solutions to our biggest weakness from last year is promising imo.

An assertive JJJ filled that void some towards the end of last season. A continuation of that would be another option. No guarantees, but 4 potential solutions to our biggest weakness from last year is promising imo.
JJJ still wasn’t good from 2 late in the year, nor did he take many attempts, his 3pt% is what improved quite a bit. We had nobody over 55% from 2pt range on more than 3 attempts a game, you go back to previous Tennessee teams and they typically had multiple of those guys, go back to the Williams/Alexander teams and those guys were around 60% and multiple guys over 55%. Obviously we were still really good, but when you look at all of our losses you can point to long scoring droughts that likely cost us those games, and also cold 3pt shooting nights which happen to every team, in those instances it’s a luxury to have a 60% scorer down low you can dump it to when you need a basket.

Something interesting to watch will be Key in that role, in the scrimmage it sounded like Barnes used him a lot like how Nova liked posting up Collin Gillespie…if that’s something we can go too that will be an added bonus as well.

Some of the most uptempo (successful) teams in the country have guys over 30mpg, what is up with these takes???
These are the same people that don't think these 19 year olds can play 3 games in a week. They were making comments about how tired Florida was gonna be last year in that game.
They outplayed us for most of the game. They are used to playing three or four games a day in AAU.

These are the same people that don't think these 19 year olds can play 3 games in a week. They were making comments about how tired Florida was gonna be last year in that game.
They outplayed us for most of the game. They are used to playing three or four games a day in AAU.
I agree with being physically fine with 3 games a week. I think what suffers is limited time to insert opponent specific game plans.

Reactions: ColinS
JJJ still wasn’t good from 2 late in the year, nor did he take many attempts, his 3pt% is what improved quite a bit. We had nobody over 55% from 2pt range on more than 3 attempts a game, you go back to previous Tennessee teams and they typically had multiple of those guys, go back to the Williams/Alexander teams and those guys were around 60% and multiple guys over 55%. Obviously we were still really good, but when you look at all of our losses you can point to long scoring droughts that likely cost us those games, and also cold 3pt shooting nights which happen to every team, in those instances it’s a luxury to have a 60% scorer down low you can dump it to when you need a basket.

Something interesting to watch will be Key in that role, in the scrimmage it sounded like Barnes used him a lot like how Nova liked posting up Collin Gillespie…if that’s something we can go too that will be an added bonus as well.
Definitely has the build to take guys to the block anyways

I'm from Indiana and live down the road from where Indiana State plays basketball so I've seen a lot of Tyreke Key the last few seasons. I know he's coming off a shoulder injury but if he's healthy, he's gonna be huge. He's a shot maker and can get to the basket. He's a solid defender, not great. He's a great competitor. I think you'll really enjoy him. Dude can really play. Looking forward to seeing him play in Vol orange!

Tobe is not 6’8” either. ON is 6’9” and Tobe appears to be an inch taller. Aidoo is listed at 6’11” and Awaka is an inch shorter. Awaka appears to be 6’10”.

Reactions: johnfnkelly

VN Store

Back