‘23 SC WR Devin Hyatt (Arizona)

Jordan Addison, for starters. And it isn't a knock on Hyatt to not believe that one great performance took him from a 5th-6th round pick, at best, to a 1st rounder.

As I said, this performance gets his name out there. What he does after this will determine where he's drafted. He is having the type season that Tillman had last year, and was nearly as insignificant over his first two years as Tillman was. Tillman wouldn't have been a 1st-rounder in the 22 Draft, which is why he came back. And he was awesome over the entire year. I say that to say that Tillman has a lot of advantages over Hyatt, and still wouldn't have been a 1st-rounder. Now, he may be, next year, and if Hyatt continues a similar path, he could do it in the 24 Draft. I just am leery of making that declaration off of one great performance.

Jordan Addison has spent his whole career abusing ACC and PAC 10 defenses.

Don't care. Everyone wanted him when he transferred, Tennessee included.

I didn’t say teams don’t want him. I said at this point that he isn’t as much of a matchup nightmare ONE on ONE as Hyatt. He may be a more polished receiver and better at beating zone and double coverage, but Hyatt cannot be stopped without a safety right now.

I didn’t say teams don’t want him. I said at this point that he isn’t as much of a matchup nightmare ONE on ONE as Hyatt. He may be a more polished receiver and better at beating zone and double coverage, but Hyatt cannot be stopped without a safety right now.
It seems like you're solely referring to one's ability to win one-on-one on routes down the field, which is certainly Hyatt's specialty. Addison wins one-on-one all over the field, but I agree with Hyatt's ability to win down the field.

Your all nuts..... Hyatt just had the best game IN UT receiving history......... The dude has been lights ***** out.... he is the DOG in this group even with Tillman. The dude can go from 0 to 100 and take it from any distance
This is in large credit to Heupel for moving him to the slot.

So how big is Devin? How fast? Anyone know if he works out with his brother?

Brothers don't always have a similar athletic ability ..... but occasionally they will. If he runs like his brother. we probably need to nab him.

Don’t care…. I don’t want another school to have a Hyatt from this family.

I’m gonna guess (yes only a guess based on the fact we aren’t recruiting Devin) that the staff is less concerned

I’m gonna guess (yes only a guess based on the fact we aren’t recruiting Devin) that the staff is less concerned
I’m a fan. Thanks for debating me.. I don’t care, his brother is forever a legend and we’ve recruited less talented legacies. Much less. And I’m not talking about Butch Jones era

Because of formations he is being covered by a safety. Stacking him and Bru really makes it easy for his release from the los. Once the dbs switch in coverage the track meet is on

He didn’t get his speed from Heupel.He put in a lot of work during the off-season and helped himself.His brother could do the same.Before Devin transferred to IMG people were raving about him.
I wasn't downplaying J. Hyatt's hard work or his abilities. It's much harder for teams to jam him at the line of scrimmage when he's in the slot, and much easier to create mismatches. He's always one of the fastest people on the field and teams are forced to cover him with a linebacker or safety in many cases now. That's not going to end well for opponents in most cases as we saw yesterday. Heupel waited for this game to open up more of the playbook.

VN Store

Back