The Official Wake Forest @ Tennessee Fall Ball Game Thread (Sunday 10/9 1PM EST)

NO SIR EEE

The Sultan Of Swat
Fd22Q1BXoAYNTaF

It feels good to be back for at least a little while until the season kicks off! We all know these games aren't broadcasted, but if anyone is going, please provide us all updates as the game goes on. Go Vols!!

Last Season:
Wake Forest finished 41-19-1 Overall and 15-14-1 in The ACC. Wake was eliminated in the NCAA Regional in College Park, Maryland with a loss UCONN and a loss to Maryland.

Your Tennessee Volunteers finished 57-9 Overall and 25-5 in The SEC. Tennessee was eliminated in the Knoxville Super Regional by Notre Dame.

Last edited:
Who is planning on being there?
No parents or family seats. My Dad and I won't even bother to make the trip because of not able to get in and having to be in line so early. It will be crazy. We hate missing a game that Z could pitch. And the porches will not be open. They really should have at the Smokies stadium (easier said than done) And a rumor playing 16 innings???
Not very well thought out considering the demand.

No parents or family seats. My Dad and I won't even bother to make the trip because of not able to get in and having to be in line so early. It will be crazy. We hate missing a game that Z could pitch. And the porches will not be open. They really should have at the Smokies stadium (easier said than done) And a rumor playing 16 innings???
Not very well thought out considering the demand.
Will it be streamed?

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Never seen it streamed anywhere. It will be a little frustrating but a great chance for so many to get in to see the team that may never get in. The fact that it is free and will be Standing Room Only will make it a crazy setting. I think it will be interesting to see who sits in the seats right behind homeplate. There will be a lot of families there that do not get to see a home game ever. Most all of the fall scrimmages are 16 innings or 2 8 inning games so that is nothing new. I think it will be a crazy experience for all the new guys and good introduction for them to Tennessee baseball. I see some fights happening over people who try to get there and reserve/save seats.
I feel sorry for Wake Forest parents that make the drive over and may not get in at all unless they get there really early.

Never seen it streamed anywhere. It will be a little frustrating but a great chance for so many to get in to see the team that may never get in. The fact that it is free and will be Standing Room Only will make it a crazy setting. I think it will be interesting to see who sits in the seats right behind homeplate. There will be a lot of families there that do not get to see a home game ever. Most all of the fall scrimmages are 16 innings or 2 8 inning games so that is nothing new. I think it will be a crazy experience for all the new guys and good introduction for them to Tennessee baseball. I see some fights happening over people who try to get there and reserve/save seats.
I feel sorry for Wake Forest parents that make the drive over and may not get in at all unless they get there really early.

Yea, this is shaping up to be a really bad idea.

I get the idea of making it first come, first served as it will allow folks who’ve never been a chance to see UT baseball. They need to have ground rules in place regarding saving seats. My suggestion would be to limit it to one seat. What happens when people get up and go to the restroom? Will people assume they left, and grab their seat? I hope they have lots of security because it’s going to be packed. The timing isn’t great since it’s the weekend of Fall Break and no home UT football game. It will be many (including mine) students first trip home, so it’s hard for out of towers to make a weekend out of it

I saw Tennessee basketball is playing a preseason game with Gonzaga, and they have it as ppv event for $9.99(I realize it’s going to a charity)

Haven’t found anything for UTbaseball, but Maybe that might be an option for our game?

2 8 inning scrimmages. I think they play normal rules but it is 2 8 inning events. If I remember right, there is a small break in between. Usually a workout for umpires also so the strikezone will change throughout as different umpires rotate in. Most guys will only throw a small amount, max is usually 1 inning, but some less than that or a certain number of pitches. I know one pitcher only threw 8 pitches last year and messed up the rotation.

I saw Tennessee basketball is playing a preseason game with Gonzaga, and they have it as ppv event for $9.99(I realize it’s going to a charity)

Haven’t found anything for UTbaseball, but Maybe that might be an option for our game?

Hoops also has an on campus scrimmage against Michigan St that is not open to the public though....

Yea, this is shaping up to be a really bad idea.
I was thinking the same thing. Getting up and going to restroom and coming back to no seat could be an issue. I think the fact that the students will be coming back from fall break that day will help. Doubt many of them will be there. Crazy how this program has changed in the last 5 years!

Batting practice and doors open at 10:30am on Sunday. First pitch at 1pm. Two 9 inning scrimmages. Kids will have chances for autographs.
Courtesy of CTV on Basilio this afternoon
PS OPEN the Porches!!!

VN Store

Back