Slow your roll….(edit..increase your roll)

Volteacher

I am just excited as anyone about the vols. More nervous/excited about gameday. The vols have created more buzz around the state and around the sec/nation. Their high flying offense is just a joy to watch and Hooker is a human highlight film.
I see on vol Twitter how confident everyone is on going undefeated or at least beating Bama or Georgia in the upcoming weeks. I also understand that it is pent up frustration from the Pruitt and butch eras and most of it is justified. A lot of the trash talk is fun to do when your team is on top and beating teams. It is also fun imagine winning more games whether your favored or not.

I am not a nega vol, I guess I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. I have PTSD from the last 14 years of coaches leaving, probation, heartbreaking loses, losing to Georgia st, or just terrible calls by the zebras. Winning in the SEC on the road is rough to do just ask UGA.

Our defense is very very suspect and has a lot of issues to work out. We can’t run the ball with a running back )can’t ask hooker to run 9-12 times a game.) are we a top 10 team maybe? I can see our team going 9-3, but could also see them going 11-1 (losing to Bama or uga).

Sorry for the long post.. grill away. Give me your best post replies….

*****EDIT****** I apologize for jumping to conclusions about the year. I ask for forgiveness for the volnation. LSU is not the 2019 LSU tigers we beat BUT…….I honestly think we can hang with Bama and beat them, if it was in T town, ehhhhh. But being in Knoxville with a really really loud crowd I really really like our chances!!! GBO Buck Fama!!

Last edited:
Nobody should grill you or your post. We're a fun team to watch. Good coach, good AD, players are having fun and playing hard. We're not there yet, but we're on pace to be. We're going to lose some games this year and it's OK. Everything is going to be, at the very least, OK. And OK, for the time being, is good.

I am just excited as anyone about the vols. More nervous/excited about gameday. The vols have created more buzz around the state and around the sec/nation. Their high flying offense is just a joy to watch and Hooker is a human highlight film.
I see on vol Twitter how confident everyone is on going undefeated or at least beating Bama or Georgia in the upcoming weeks. I also understand that it is pent up frustration from the Pruitt and butch eras and most of it is justified. A lot of the trash talk is fun to do when your team is on top and beating teams. It is also fun imagine winning more games whether your favored or not.

I am not a nega vol, I guess I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. I have PTSD from the last 14 years of coaches leaving, probation, heartbreaking loses, losing to Georgia st, or just terrible calls by the zebras. Winning in the SEC on the road is rough to do just ask UGA.

Our defense is very very suspect and has a lot of issues to work out. We can’t run the ball with a running back )can’t ask hooker to run 9-12 times a game.) are we a top 10 team maybe? I can see our team going 9-3, but could also see them going 11-1 (losing to Bama or uga).

Just getting our defense’s pass protection functional would relieve most of my anxiety!

NvFX.gif

You are subtweeting wrong

Reactions: Jeff Clark
We should be excited! I’m freaking pumped that we have won a couple of he “toss ups” we were debating before the season. If you’re a Vol life is good right now. Love it.

That doesn’t make the OP wrong. I would push back that there is no other shoe to drop though. We are not likely winning out anymore than we are goin to implode. This isn’t all or nothing, it’s football.

We have been competitive in every game to date. That’s outstanding in my book. Could have folded a couple of times but found a way to get the W. We keep that mentality up and 2022 is going to be a season we remember as a turning point.

We are relevant again. Enjoy the moment. Don’t worry about the past and don’t concern yourself about the future. Right now is amazing. Go Vols.

Just let me enjoy being undefeated and ranked in the top ten in the first week of October for the time being. It’s been so long since we started 4-0 and ranked top ten.
Look who finally came around!! I remember you saying we would lose to Pitt and Florida hopefully your BVS is finally cured. Jump on the Heup train

Look who finally came around!! I remember you saying we would lose to Pitt and Florida hopefully your BVS is finally cured. Jump on the Heup train
I was glad to be wrong and I’m on board. I think we got a great chance at getting a win this week and winning 10 to 11 games this season. We finally hit paydirt in hiring coaches with Heup he’s doing a great job.

🖕🏾

Reactions: SoddyAllVol
I feel good about it.I think were going win but after the last 14 years you do have to keep the negative thoughts at bay.We have to get back to thinking were going to win every game instead of waiting for something bad to happen.

We should be excited! I’m freaking pumped that we have won a couple of he “toss ups” we were debating before the season. If you’re a Vol life is good right now. Love it.

That doesn’t make the OP wrong. I would push back that there is no other shoe to drop though. We are not likely winning out anymore than we are goin to implode. This isn’t all or nothing, it’s football.

We have been competitive in every game to date. That’s outstanding in my book. Could have folded a couple of times but found a way to get the W. We keep that mentality up and 2022 is going to be a season we remember as a turning point.

We are relevant again. Enjoy the moment. Don’t worry about the past and don’t concern yourself about the future. Right now is amazing. Go Vols.
This is a perfect message board response. I wish I had written it.

Being a realist does not make you a negavol. I think we can all agree we're pumped to be 4-0 right now and have an exciting offense to watch. Defensively we've put pressure on the QB's and that has been nice to see. However, our pass coverage is horrendous. Nothing about our DB play is gonna allow this team to make it to Atlanta or the playoffs. We've lacked a dominant solid back end safety for so long. Nigel had a surprisingly nice Sr year under Cornbread but when is the last time we had a safety that came up and filled the gap consistently? Or a safety come across the field and snatch the dadgum ball out of the air? They're not usually even within 5 yards of the WR's it seems most of the time. CB's have been suspect as well. Idk if it's all the zone we've played allowing the receivers to sit in the hole but its clearly going to be the achilles heel for this team.

VN Store

Back