Georgia is NOT unbeatable!!!

No one is unbeatable, but at the same time, you're not going to be up for each and every opponent during a season. UGA has slept thru Kent St and Mizzou. It happens. Doesn't mean they're less of a team. Just means they're learning how to deal with success and being so much better than the opponent. Bama has ingrained that into their culture. They're a machine. They're the borg of CFB. UGA won't play that way against us. Bama might not have Young, but they'll still be bama and supremely tough. On any given day as the saying goes, but these posts proclaiming we're going to "skulldrag" someone are just asinine.
Agree mostly but it does say that UGA is "less of a team". They're still talented but as you point out great teams don't have those let downs. Bama for their part hasn't been itself this year a few times.

Heard all the same things about UF and hell, they almost pulled off the comeback with one of their worst teams in recent memory. After seeing GT beat Pitt, it's clear you better stay healthy and show up ready to play every Saturday or you're gonna get spanked.
UF needed miracles to make the game look close. It really should have ended a 17 point game.

This.

Also AR is easily physically the most gifted QB we will see the entire year. He is going to make a lot of defenses look had this year imo. Lights finally came on for him in a new offense.

No one is unbeatable, but at the same time, you're not going to be up for each and every opponent during a season. UGA has slept thru Kent St and Mizzou. It happens. Doesn't mean they're less of a team. Just means they're learning how to deal with success and being so much better than the opponent. Bama has ingrained that into their culture. They're a machine. They're the borg of CFB. UGA won't play that way against us. Bama might not have Young, but they'll still be bama and supremely tough. On any given day as the saying goes, but these posts proclaiming we're going to "skulldrag" someone are just asinine. Heard all the same things about UF and hell, they almost pulled off the comeback with one of their worst teams in recent memory. After seeing GT beat Pitt, it's clear you better stay healthy and show up ready to play every Saturday or you're gonna get spanked.

People said it didn't matter if Florida sucked, or if they played their worst game, or they played the coaches daughter at qb, or they put their pet cats in on defense....it didn't matter what they did or didn't do, they WOULD STILL BEAT US.

So many of yall were sick of the excuses of why we lost, I'm now sick of all the excuses of why we WIN.. If people want to think we skull drag Georgia let them. Why so many of you get triggered by it is beyond me.

If we do beat them I'll look forward to all the "YEAH WELL WE DIDNT SKULL DRAG'UM".

LOL.

Tennessee will skull drag Georgia if they play us like they have the last 2 weeks! We'll hang 45 points on them in the first half! They are playing like hot garbage and I hope they continue to do so!

There is this saying....

One bad performance is an incident.

Two bad performances is a coincidence.

Three bad performances is a trend....

We are at Step Two right now with UGA.....

Reactions: Holys#!tVol1979
Until we “skull drag” a power 5 opponent, I think we should pump the brakes on such an expectation. The two power 5 opponents we defeated took us down to the last play of the game. Hardly a beat down. The notion that we are going to destroy everything in our path because we have an explosive offense at times is the kind of stuff that feeds the national narrative of our disillusionment. While I want to win every game by 90, and like our chances to compete and win against anyone we line up with, we still have at least 4 games on the schedule that we can absolutely lose if the ball bounces the wrong way. That said, I hope that after Bama, UK, and UGA that I come back to this thread and give you your flowers!

The part that makes me sick is the network playing the nauseating replay of Munson doing the "hob-nail boot" call. Why bring up the holocaust? (yes, you must connect many dots to get there, the hobnail boot was the symbol of German tyranny during the 30's and 40's). Yep maybe that's a stretch, but it's an unnerving image and I hate the venom in Munson's voice as he did that play call. John Ward had too much class to pull a stunt like that. Gary Daniellson likes it though. He plays it every time.

1664723449051.png

I believe we have a chance in the game, I always believe that in every game. I said before this season started, UGA while still very good did lose most of their defense from last year and their DC also… I believe it will be a hard fought close contest whoever wins it.

You have to consider two things when Tennessee faces Georgia:

Tennessee has to play defense: can they do it on a consistent basis and make them punt. Can they create pressure and not give up big plays. That TE they have is going to be the guy when plays break down

Tennessee will have to punt clean: Can Tennessee block well enough and not give up field position or worse.

I’m not concerned about offense. I think we all know or should know that Hype will create mismatches and have success. Are we going to have Tilman back because they’ll need every weapon they have

You guys have lost your damn minds -
We beat the worst Florida team in a coupla’ decades - on the last play of the game- and a pretty pedestrian Pitt team - and you guys are talking about beating LSU in tiger stadium like it’s a forgone conclusion - and then beating Bama? And skull dragging freakin’ Georgia ?
I need some of what y’all be smokin’ on…
Agree. If we win 6 more regular season games I'll be extremely happy. We have a LOT of tough games ahead..

IMHO…let’s get ready to play a very athletic LSU team which wants nothing more than to beat an 8th rank team in BR. We can add up all the wins at the end. Don’t think we’ll “skull drag” Dogs either but man let’s hope so. I’d LOVE to be wrong!😀😀

I don’t think we are looking thru the proverbial rose colored glasses. SURELY everyone knows that we are PROBABLY NOT going to win the NC this year. If we lose 3-4 games are we seriously going to call for CJH to be fired ? Any lose will be a disappointment, sure.

I just don’t get anyone not having fun with where we are - but I also think it’s crazy to be too invested on either side of this. Hope for the best, expect the worst maybe is the road to take ???

Reactions: vettefool
If you look at the records, we have beaten Georgia several times in Athens over the years.
So that means that we will "skulldrag" them? Yall just not being realistic, it will be a hard fought game and we will be fortunate to come out with a win if we play our best.

IMHO…let’s get ready to play a very athletic LSU team which wants nothing more than to beat an 8th rank team in BR. We can add up all the wins at the end. Don’t think we’ll “skull drag” Dogs either but man let’s hope so. I’d LOVE to be wrong!😀😀
You're exactly right...I know we are pumped...and for good reason but let's get past LSWho first...forget about Georgia and bama for now.

Reactions: tennrich1
You are 100% right. We have the CHANCE to beat anyone every week. But I’m not going in to each game expecting it. I 100% believe we are on the right track in what we are building. The mindset we should skull drag the #1 or #2 team in the country is what causes “Fahr the coaches” threads when we lose a game we are out manned in. We still don’t have the quality depth across the board other teams have.
Logical people should realize this. Excessive alcohol use cause Fahr Heupel threads. But yes I expect to roll a couple teams soon. UGA and Bama are not among those. Can we beat them hell yes we can if we play well. Their is not a single team on OUR schedule we can NOT beat. I am pretty sure Heup knows that also and I hope our kids believe that also. The SEC has a chance to get very interesting.

People said it didn't matter if Florida sucked, or if they played their worst game, or they played the coaches daughter at qb, or they put their pet cats in on defense....it didn't matter what they did or didn't do, they WOULD STILL BEAT US.

So many of yall were sick of the excuses of why we lost, I'm now sick of all the excuses of why we WIN.. If people want to think we skull drag Georgia let them. Why so many of you get triggered by it is beyond me.

If we do beat them I'll look forward to all the "YEAH WELL WE DIDNT SKULL DRAG'UM".

LOL.
Doesnt sound like he is triggered dog. I miss you

Reactions: Behr
Georgia was just flat and overconfident against missouri--it's hard to get up for these SEC games against weak teams.

Reactions: vettefool
Until we “skull drag” a power 5 opponent, I think we should pump the brakes on such an expectation. The two power 5 opponents we defeated took us down to the last play of the game. Hardly a beat down. The notion that we are going to destroy everything in our path because we have an explosive offense at times is the kind of stuff that feeds the national narrative of our disillusionment. While I want to win every game by 90, and like our chances to compete and win against anyone we line up with, we still have at least 4 games on the schedule that we can absolutely lose if the ball bounces the wrong way. That said, I hope that after Bama, UK, and UGA that I come back to this thread and give you your flowers!
Why do I give. Single Fk what anyone outside our fan base thinks ? Our players shouldnt either, we have everything we need right in State. Facilities, Fans, Marketing, Spyre. And please for the love of everything KY is going to get the hell beat out of them in Neyland

Reactions: Holys#!tVol1979
UGA and Bama will be favored to beat us and rightfully so. But I tell you, what looked impossible this time last year and even improbable just a few weeks ago looks very different now. If we beat LSU we will probably be about a 7 point dog to Bama and I’m think more like 10 or so against UGA but that depends on what happens between now and then. Both are winnable but both of them are still better than we are right now today. I think we have about a 35% chance against Bama and about 25% against UGA. The main difference is Bama is home while UGA is away. Don’t turn the ball over, take it away a couple time and we’re right there with either of them.

VN Store

Back