Tennessee Lady Vols Softball 2022.

Observations from today’s game ONLY: this team I think can be good with early patience. Taylor hit 2 HRs, Destiny 1, and Jenna almost had one. Taylor played a nice 2B and better 3B later on, which is her natural position. Guilia, Kiki, and Katie were LF to RF, switched corners from last week. IF was Zaida, Mackenzie, Taylor, and McKenna. Rylie C and Destiny DP. Ryleigh, Nicola, and Payton each tossed 2 innings. All threw strikes and Payton threw 4-5 Ks. Charli went 3-2 on a few batters and gave up a dinger. It’s 21-1 in the 8th right now. The second lineup was Jami, Brylee CF, and Katie and IF Taylor, Amanda at SS, Jenna, and Gracie at 1B with Jackie at C. Camryn must be injured because all 9 other freshmen got plenty of innings and ABs. Karlyn went in top of 9th, was bringing heat but walked 3 and gave up 2 run single and Pfeiffer ran themselves out the inning. 22-3 to the top of the 10th. Karlyn walked 2 in the 10th and gave up run scoring single. Final 22-4. Probably pressing, she will be fine. I am cautiously optimistic. A very young team. Will be fun to watch, a lot of youthful energy. Really like Taylor, Destiny, and Payton after seeing them just once. I want to see us against Duke in a couple of weeks.
Any news on the remainder of their schedule?

Any news on the remainder of their schedule?
They play Tenn Tech tomorrow at 6 and Tusculum Saturday, Lakeland next Saturday but the big fall game is Duke next Sunday, both will be ranked pre-season, then they play Carson-Newman, Chattanooga State, and King. That completes their 8 game fall schedule

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
They play Tenn Tech tomorrow at 6 and Tusculum Saturday, Lakeland next Saturday but the big fall game is Duke next Sunday, both will be ranked pre-season, then they play Carson-Newman, Chattanooga State, and King. That completes their 8 game fall schedule
Tech game is now at 7

They play 4 games Sunday?

Why is the fall schedule always so lame? Tusculum? Lakeland? Chattanooga State?

SEC doesn't allow its teams to take overnight trips out of season, so they always play at home. It used to be a rule that you couldn't play other D1 teams, so most programs have stuck with that in the fall, even after the rule change.

The other reason is that schools use fall games to get a look at everyone, playing for the development rather than for a result.

SEC doesn't allow its teams to take overnight trips out of season, so they always play at home. It used to be a rule that you couldn't play other D1 teams, so most programs have stuck with that in the fall, even after the rule change.

The other reason is that schools use fall games to get a look at everyone, playing for the development rather than for a result.

Tks the explanation.

Just as an FYI - 2023 recruit Bella Faw out of North Gwinnett HS set her team's all time hit record last night. She'll be a freshman starter here I think, but I think 2nd base might be the best spot for her. That school is loaded with talent. Won state last year and good shot this year.

Reactions: dapeak
Any recap of the game? Any standouts?
Pannell and Puni with two HR. Pickens had a nice night, Tech put the ball in play but nothing solid. Ashley pitched two innings, no problem. Simpson
threw well in her block. We have depth but not sure we have next person up depth. Mesusan is someone to watch getting time or potential starter as she creates havoc. I don’t see Keene cracking the DP role just not bringing her size and power to the plate. I liked Kirkpatrick behind the plate, strong arm didn’t see anything at the plate that says she’ll play. Does Lair stay? Something to monitor I’m told.

Reactions: anecwnrjcns12

VN Store

Back