Things to watch on this bye week that would benefit Tennessee

No real bearing on UT, but I am certainly going to watch the Wake-FSU game .

Want to see if FSU is the real deal since only got to see them play vs LSU so far this year. Hard to really make much of that game for either LSU or FSU in all honesty
I am not buying FSU or LSU stock at the moment. I'm like you, need to see more. Only problem is, I'm not buying Wake Forest either. They seem decent enough, but how would they do against Pitt or Florida (the same QB performance UF had against us)? . .

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I am not buying FSU or LSU stock at the moment. I'm like you, need to see more. Only problem is, I'm not buying Wake Forest either. They seem decent enough, but how would they do against Pitt or Florida (the same QB performance UF had against us)? . .
My "friends" in Tallahassee are thinking 7-5 or 8-4. Good enough after the last few years, but not good enough to keep Norvell from heading to Arizona St. "Prime Time" to go after another coach.........

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
My "friends" in Tallahassee are thinking 7-5 or 8-4. Good enough after the last few years, but not good enough to keep Norvell from heading to Arizona St. "Prime Time" to go after another coach.........

I dunno man, they have gotten off to a decent start. Going ,7-5 or something this season would probably feel a great deal like 7-5 would feel for us this season The ACC is trash. Clemson is the only real obstacle in their path this season. Miami and Florida are going to be the toss ups. Those are gonna depend entirely on which Miami and Florida they get.

They messed around and gave Norvell a 6 year contract when they hired him. Their coffers are hurting after paying off their last coach. Is their $13 million out there to pay off Norvell and then also pay Deion? I really dunno.

Reactions: peaygolf
-Kentucky is going lose to Ole Miss, that’s fairly easy to see. So that’s #7 going down, which will bump us at least one spot. Ole Miss will likely jump into the Top 10 at that point, but they won’t jump ahead of us.

-#4 Michigan will play unranked Iowa. I don’t foresee Mich losing that one, but Iowa is a good team. They are really stout defensively. Michigan dropping that one would knock them out of the Top 10 and move us up.

-Arkansas could knock off #2 Bama, but I’m sure if that happens Bama will slide all the way down to #2.5

-#1 Georgia could totally lose to Mizzou, and the world could also end. Neither are technically impossible.

-#6 USC plays AZ State. They’re not going to lose that one, but the whole PAC-12 is garbage so who knows.

Going to feel great to just kick back and relax and have no reason to be nervous.

Kentucky losing to Ole Tits is the only plausible one IMO.

Reactions: dduncan4163
No real bearing on UT, but I am certainly going to watch the Wake-FSU game .

Want to see if FSU is the real deal since only got to see them play vs LSU so far this year. Hard to really make much of that game for either LSU or FSU in all honesty
They lost Verse, a offensive lineman and their qb!! Before that I could see them as a top 15-20 team. Norvell could prove to be a good hire! Much to primetimes disappointment

LSU should’ve won that game by 20+, those kicking team mistakes should never and won’t happen again. LSU is solid.
Are they, though? Their OL is improving, but still subject to getting mauled by an SEC DL, I think. Their running Qb got put out with injury this past week -- minor, it turns out, but could foreshadow what is to come.

Reactions: SaipanVol
I dunno man, they have gotten off to a decent start. Going ,7-5 or something this season would probably feel a great deal like 7-5 would feel for us this season The ACC is trash. Clemson is the only real obstacle in their path this season. Miami and Florida are going to be the toss ups. Those are gonna depend entirely on which Miami and Florida they get.

They messed around and gave Norvell a 6 year contract when they hired him. Their coffers are hurting after paying off their last coach. Is their $13 million out there to pay off Norvell and then also pay Deion? I really dunno.
I don't have any real "insiders" at FSU (used to) but i've heard rumors it might be a mutual agreement for him to go to ASU.................IDK.....just hearsay.

Are they, though? Their OL is improving, but still subject to getting mauled by an SEC DL, I think. Their running Qb got put out with injury this past week -- minor, it turns out, but could foreshadow what is to come.

Yeah they’ve been sacked 13 times this year. 3-4 times per game. Yeesh.

Not sure they’re improving much. New Mexico sacked them 4 times last weekend.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
-Kentucky is going lose to Ole Miss, that’s fairly easy to see. So that’s #7 going down, which will bump us at least one spot. Ole Miss will likely jump into the Top 10 at that point, but they won’t jump ahead of us.

-#4 Michigan will play unranked Iowa. I don’t foresee Mich losing that one, but Iowa is a good team. They are really stout defensively. Michigan dropping that one would knock them out of the Top 10 and move us up.

-Arkansas could knock off #2 Bama, but I’m sure if that happens Bama will slide all the way down to #2.5

-#1 Georgia could totally lose to Mizzou, and the world could also end. Neither are technically impossible.

-#6 USC plays AZ State. They’re not going to lose that one, but the whole PAC-12 is garbage so who knows.

Going to feel great to just kick back and relax and have no reason to be nervous.

Understand and respect the excitement about rankings but, for me, the only thing I want to watch this week and next are our DBs in practice. Since I can’t do that, I’ll watch the replay of the game again. I’ll check the rankings at the end of the season.

Hopefully OM. Eats the brakes off of UK. But if UK wins and decisively, then that could present a little bit of concern for us.

I prefer for UK to beat Ole Piss. That keeps Ole Piss below us and UK a bigger win for us.

Biggest things that could help the Vols this weekend:

1. Pitt beat Ga Tech.
2. Florida beat the snot out of Directional U.
3. Akron beat Bowling Green.
4. Ball State beat Northern Illinois.
5. Kentucky beat Ole Miss (I don't think they will, but it would--in the long term--help us more if they did).
6. South Carolina whup Directional U 2.
7. Vandy join the ACC.
8. #10 NC State beat #5 Clemson, but not well enough to leapfrog us. Maybe an ugly, sloppy win.
9. Iowa beat #4 Michigan.
10. Rutgers beat #3 Ohio State (lololol, hilarious, but Kirk Herbstreit would use it as proof we shoulda hired Schiano).
11. Arizona State beat...lol, no, I can't even type that out. AZ State is beating no one with a pulse.
12. Elon Musk declare himself a Vols fan, and start pumping money into both the University and Spyre.

There, a dozen ought to do it. Would be a good Bye Week.

Go Vols!

Is Musk a UT alumnus?

Excuse me but is that bill Shakespeare over there. Matt Foley moves his glasses up and down.

It's me looking at small who almost had a hundo versus florida. Looked pretty sec like to me.

Small are wright are both good dependable backs at this level actually, but I don't see any huge game breaking potential from either so far.

They are going to get their yards each game, but neither has the ability to really break a game wide open on one or more huge plays out of nowhere like Sampson seems to possess.

Have not seen Kentucky nor Ole Miss play but I wouldn't bet on Ole Miss winning.

Have not seen Kentucky nor Ole Miss play but I wouldn't bet on Ole Miss winning.

Ole Miss has QB issues still and Kentucky is very average at everything except running, where they are awful so far in 2022. They are averaging about 2.2 ypc. Rodriguez will make some difference there but they still have issues. They had to punt multiple times vs a team Vanderbilt handled easily.

I got on TicketMaster and just sold my UT Bye Week tickets for $150 a piece....... I can't wait to see what my Bama Tickets go for.....

VN Store

Back