Tennessee Lady Vol News

This has kept me all off-season. I watch this at least twice a week. Can’t wait to see more from Sarah Buckets!!!!

Yes!!!! That was one of the biggest shots -- maybe even THE biggest -- ever made by a Lady Vol freshman. If Sarah doesn't cooly hit that shot, it's quite possible the program loses more than just a trip to the Sweet 16. The importance of that shot cannot be overstated.

Such a great interview! Loved hearing Kellie talk about Jaz Powell's exceptional scoring and passing ability. Also good to hear Jasmine Franklin is full go in practice! Jordan Horson in the best shape of her career?! Jillian's versatility. Marta looks good and is shooting well. If this team stays healthy, they will be difficult to beat.

And so it begins.....WCBB has no idea what is about to hit them square in their jaw.
Puckett's gonna be fun to watch this year...When I saw her and Karo in war-games Atlanta,, Sara got knocked in the mouth early in the tourney. (not sure of the extent of the hit),,,When she shoots her arc is perfect. It simply looks like a "basketball shot"

I got to focus on Karo more. She often played taller girls but her footwork was faster and she beat taller players by positioning ..she had faster "action/-/reaction"... Puckett's game is SG/PF. AShe's like a SG with a PF's ability and size.

Reactions: lvocd and GameTime
Coach my friend, I believe you and I have enough good sense to know there is a monster about to be released on women's college basketball, and it will be dressed in Orange and White and trimmed in Lady Vol Blue.
1200px-Tennessee_Lady_Volunteers_logo.svg.png

I have a feeling Striplin is going to end up being the next Emily Saunders if she does not improve this season . She's strong but she had a hard time with posts last season.

I have a feeling Striplin is going to end up being the next Emily Saunders if she does not improve this season . She's strong but she had a hard time with posts last season.

Because of her shooting ability and mobility she has more upside than Emily ever did. She is not quite the athlete that Jas Franklin is, but what a great vet to learn from. Jasmine is one of the best undersized post players I’ve seen in years.

If Karo can start consistently knocking down 17’ jumpers out to the 3 along with her post up game she’ll play a lot as an upperclassman.

Rebounding to me is where she was lacking last season. She really needs to pursue the ball when she’s in the game. If she can start grabbing a half dozen rebounds a game her minutes would go up a ton.

Last edited:
Striplin did struggle last season, this can not be denied...Her outside shot, at times, did not even reach the iron...However, as the season wore on she did improve...

She has tons of potential...Let's all hope her potential becomes a reality this season...
TENNESSEE_STRIPLIN_KAROLINE.jpg

She was a freshman lol I enjoyed watching her minutes and improvement as the season went on. She’s extremely physical and gets after it. She seems to have improved physically and I think that’s going to go a long way with helping her overall game.

She was fabulous in the tournament when her number was called. She, Sara and Tess trained with Abby Conklin in San Francisco over the summer

Yes, but you have to consider she was a freshman last year and she lacks the height to be a post in the college game. I think you are going to see the last part of this coming year that she is going to be one of the horses on this team.

VN Store

Back