Ainge doing the gator chomp

After coming off a 5-6 season it was very dumb

Why can't one argue it a different way?

Tennessee has struggled at home, people complain Neyland is not loud enough and when you score a touchdown to take a double digit lead on Florida, Ainge attempts to get the crowd fired up?

Why can't one argue it a different way?

Tennessee has struggled at home, people complain Neyland is not loud enough and when you score a touchdown to take a double digit lead on Florida, Ainge attempts to get the crowd fired up?

I understand waht you're saying, but it didn't fire me or anyone one else I was with up, it had quite the opposite effect. I could understand if we were dominating them, but we weren't if anything it fired up Florida. I was a poor judgement call on Ainge's part and I hope Cutcliffe addresses it.

Do you really think it effected Florida in any way?

If that is the only motivation for Florida to win the game, it will be a long year for Meyer and company.

The only thing wrong with the action is the timing.

Do you really think it effected Florida in any way?

If that is the only motivation for Florida to win the game, it will be a long year for Meyer and company.

The only thing wrong with the action is the timing.
When did I say it was the only motivation for Florida to win? but if it didn't get them fired up then they don't have a pulse. If someone did that to us on the road it would have fired us up for sure.

When did I say it was the only motivation for Florida to win? but if it didn't get them fired up then they don't have a pulse. If someone did that to us on the road it would have fired us up for sure.

Deep breath, calm down sparky...............pat your head and rub your stomach....that is good..........Now back to topic.

We are discussing right........ok..............I am not talking directly too you....I am adressing the thread in general...........

I am arguing that if Florida did not have motivation to win the game at that point and the gator chomp somehow elevated their pulse they are in for a long season.

Likewise, if we need a trite hand statement/gesture(s) to get our competivness level raised......well......................5-6 will be constant.

You know what. I loved it when he done it. To hell with what Florida thinks. We need to rub it in Florida's face every once in awhile. The whole problem with Tennessee is we are worried to death about what are we going to do to lose this game. Instead we should be worried about what are we going to do to win it. Florida intimidates the hell out of Tennessee. If Anige has confidence enough to do the Gator Chomp. I say hell yes!!! Screw Florida. I am with yea!!! Even if it is unsportsman like or whatever you want to call it. We need to play with a little more fire and swagger!! I liked it!!

The whole problem with Tennessee is we are worried to death about what are we going to do to lose this game. Instead we should be worried about what are we going to do to win it. Florida intimidates the hell out of Tennessee. If Anige has confidence enough to do the Gator Chomp. I say hell yes!!! Screw Florida. I am with yea!!! Even if it is unsportsman like or whatever you want to call it. We need to play with a little more fire and swagger!! I liked it!!

Love it!

Good stuff!

It would be nice to have a swagger!

Most of us in the stadium didn't even notice it.

In that big patch of orange known as the student section, I know I didn't.

Not to mention, my friend's noise cancelling headphones for his cell officially don't work inside Neyland Stadium. That place was loud!

The 12th man was definitely there last night. I think our offensive line just forgot to show up.

~*Crystal*~

I agree with that Crystal. I don't know what happened to us. The O'line had been a bright spot in earlier games. We just couldn't get anything going last night.

As for the Gator chomp? I wish he would have done it in the middle of the field!!! I can't stand Florida.

I believe I would pull for the Russian's before I would pull for the Florida!!

You know what. I loved it when he done it. To hell with what Florida thinks. We need to rub it in Florida's face every once in awhile. The whole problem with Tennessee is we are worried to death about what are we going to do to lose this game. Instead we should be worried about what are we going to do to win it. Florida intimidates the hell out of Tennessee. If Anige has confidence enough to do the Gator Chomp. I say hell yes!!! Screw Florida. I am with yea!!! Even if it is unsportsman like or whatever you want to call it. We need to play with a little more fire and swagger!! I liked it!!

I have to say I liked that!!! LOL We need a little more confindence and spunk!!!

Reactions: rev_greg
I just saw that our entire crowd was doing the gator chomp, and to make matters worse, it was before the game was in hand.

Wtf is wrong with us? This is why we can't have nice things. If we blew this it would've been Ainge x 100k and I can't say we wouldn't have deserved it. It's bad form and and it makes us look like the little step brother that we have been.

Anyway, go Vols. Feels so good to be 4-0 with Florida in our rear view.

Reactions: MAD and Volprofch05
I just saw that our entire crowd was doing the gator chomp, and to make matters worse, it was before the game was in hand.

Wtf is wrong with us? This is why we can't have nice things. If we blew this it would've been Ainge x 100k and I can't say we wouldn't have deserved it. It's bad form and and it makes us look like the little step brother that we have been.

They were also chanting na-na-na-na hey hey hey goodbye… with like 5 minutes left in the game. Total idiots lol

Reactions: Volprofch05

Were you watching the game?

They started doing that after Jaylen Wright powered for the late TD. He then did the Gator Chomp/ Quit slash lol

He started it...

A nearly 2 decade bump to find bitchin' material.
If the team had lost it would have had zero to do with the fans doing the chomp...before the game was over.

Reactions: Volnatic
A nearly 2 decade bump to find bitchin' material.
If the team had lost it would have had zero to do with the fans doing the chomp...before the game was over.

No ****. It just would have been 100x more embarrassing.

IDK, I might be in the minority, but I feel like we should act like it's not such a big deal to beat Florida when we are the better team. They are in our head and that's why we lose to them when we shouldn't.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
None for you evidently.

Everyone else? Perhaps a show of support by them?

Your looking into it way too much.
They deserved far worse than that...

IDC about them. I care about how we act. He didn't need our support and this is a wild justification for acting like the little step bro.

No ****. It just would have been 100x more embarrassing.

IDK, I might be in the minority, but I feel like we should act like it's not such a big deal to beat Florida when we are the better team. They are in our head and that's why we lose to them when we shouldn't.

Dude anyone that plays and beats UF does a mocking gator chop. Relax big dog. Same thing with Texas and horns down. You mock your opponent who have a taunt. It’s just college football. It is a big deal to beat UF regardless if we should of or shouldn’t of. Doesn’t matter. It will always be a big deal. Period. Relax.

Dude anyone that plays and beats UF does a mocking gator chop. Relax big dog. Same thing with Texas and horns down. You mock your opponent who have a taunt. It’s just college football. It is a big deal to beat UF regardless if we should of or shouldn’t of. Doesn’t matter. It will always be a big deal. Period. Relax.

Yeah, and it's poor sportsmansip and reflects poorly on us. That's why Saban was yelling at his guys "Don't do that ****!"

I don't need to relax. Nothing wrong with calling out embarrassing behavior. A few players or fans doing it is one thing. People get carried away and they forget sportsmanship. 100k is an indictment of our entire fan base.

It's not that big of a deal, but it's still something.

VN Store

Back