Bru McCoy's take on being a VOL (great recruiting pitch)

ptcarter

Boomshanka! (Google that)
1664231489033.png

REPORTER: Bru, when you thought you were going to come play here, and you wanted to be a part of this, and thought about what games would be like here, the environment and everything, the noise, is this kinda of what you pictured it would be, or did you have any concept of just how nuts it would be?

Bru: No, I didn't really know what I was getting myself into in the best way. I couldn't picture it, couldn't fathom it. The sound, the crowd.. everything... It's an unbelievable experience. It's surreal.

I made the best decision I've made coming here.

If you are an opposing D-cord you have to be having nightmares watching Bru's maturation. Think about it you now have to cover Bru on 1 side, Tillman on the other and then Hyatt in the slot, Oh and not to mention the TE we finally started passing to. Now the run game is not so impressive from a running back perspective but damn how do you cover everyone in the passing game.

Heupel is getting some talent. Wish list: Big bruising running back to mix up the play calls some, handful of 5* db's , and more beefy linemen on both sides of the ball.
The best recruiting tool is 5 star guys pulling in their buddies.
Any 4-5* that was in the stadium for the FL game had to be impressed. There is not a louder/crazier environment to be in on a fall Saturday.

If you are an opposing D-cord you have to be having nightmares watching Bru's maturation. Think about it you now have to cover Bru on 1 side, Tillman on the other and then Hyatt in the slot, Oh and not to mention the TE we finally started passing to. Now the run game is not so impressive from a running back perspective but damn how do you cover everyone in the passing game.
Keyton too. We have a lot of weapons. The run game isn’t horrible but Hooker showed he could make up for that with his legs. I do wish we had a dynamic rb to be a more complete offense and take the pressure off Hooker. It’s elite tho nonetheless.

Keyton too. We have a lot of weapons. The run game isn’t horrible but Hooker showed he could make up for that with his legs. I do wish we had a dynamic rb to be a more complete offense and take the pressure off Hooker. It’s elite tho nonetheless.
I think that freshman (can't think of his name) could be part of that answer, he is bigger and faster than Small and Wright

Reactions: ptcarter
I think that freshman (can't think of his name) could be part of that answer, he is bigger and faster than Small and Wright
Not trying to come off as an ahole or anything but you actually frequent this board and have an account and cannot come up with Sampsons name?

Reactions: Rocky Top T
Definitely hated to lose Tillman for some games but I think this has helped the other wrs and Hooker even to develop more. When he comes back healthy I think this offense can be even better.
Hearing these guys talk is very refreshing. Heupel looks like he's made if fun, and they sure seem focused and the leaders of the team are instilling a work ethic down in the ranks. Been a while since this has happened on the Hill.

Remember when everyone was wringing their hands after losing the Wyoming WR to UTjr? Funny how it can all work out, or maybe Heupel is just that good in elevating his offensive players. I can’t think of a better WR trio in the nation right now. Hope we have Ced back for Baton Rougue

I believe we do have a dynamic back, just banged up and didn’t play Saturday, Dylan Sampson. He’s shown flashes in the limited number of touches he’s gotten, but Heupel seems to be very complementary of him so far. Think he’s going to be very good here.

Not trying to come off as an ahole or anything but you actually frequent this board and have an account and cannot come up with Sampsons name?
I think this is understandable. I think he had a handful of carries in the previous 3 games. I listen to WIVK streaming and heard his name for the first time. Kessling and Ryan did comment on how he could "scoot". Note to self: Keep an eye on this kid next time he comes into the game. By the way, I was also surprised to hear that we have a guy named "Squirrel" (and I don't remember his last name, but I like having a squirrel on the team. Future looks bright.

Reactions: OldVolMan
I think this is understandable. I think he had a handful of carries in the previous 3 games. I listen to WIVK streaming and heard his name for the first time. Kessling and Ryan did comment on how he could "scoot". Note to self: Keep an eye on this kid next time he comes into the game. By the way, I was also surprised to hear that we have a guy named "Squirrel" (and I don't remember his last name, but I like having a squirrel on the team. Future looks bright.
Fair enough, I guess I just assume people on the site are generally committed close to the same amount and that’s likely not the case. A lot of people have been excited for squirrel white for a minute now for example.

Reactions: ptcarter
Why does all the Knoxville media always want to ask a self deprecating question about the crowd and the noise. Everybody knows Tennessee has a huge crowd and the noise is loud you keep asking for validation of that for some reason. It’s like you don’t have a sports question. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: HalfullVol and J-P

Dude, I’m with @VolBricks. I’m 56 and can’t remember what I had for breakfast! My VOL allegiance is strong as ever . . . but memory and brain function, not so much. Names and scores are too much detail at this point. I do smell what you’re cookin’ though 🤪

Dude, I’m with @VolBricks. I’m 56 and can’t remember what I had for breakfast! My VOL allegiance is strong as ever . . . but memory and brain function, not so much. Names and scores are too much detail at this point. I do smell what you’re cookin’ though 🤪
I feel y’all. Well Sampson is the truth and the sooner we get him back the sooner our offense has another end zone threat. Shouldn’t be long.

yeah you are being that guy! Chill out dude. If he can’t remember his name, then just help him out with it. He obviously knew who he was talking about, but was drawing a blank with the name. It happens to everyone, and it has or will happen to you. So stop being a d***.

yeah you are being that guy! Chill out dude. If he can’t remember his name, then just help him out with it. He obviously knew who he was talking about, but was drawing a blank with the name. It happens to everyone, and it has or will happen to you. So stop being a d***.
Give him a few years and he will start forgetting names too. Any where his keys are, how old he is, and what he came into the room for……
It happens 😂

View attachment 494731

REPORTER: Bru, when you thought you were going to come play here, and you wanted to be a part of this, and thought about what games would be like here, the environment and everything, the noise, is this kinda of what you pictured it would be, or did you have any concept of just how nuts it would be?

Bru: No, I didn't really know what I was getting myself into in the best way. I couldn't picture it, couldn't fathom it. The sound, the crowd.. everything... It's an unbelievable experience. It's surreal.

I made the best decision I've made coming here.

As a man who has made so many bad decisions that it becomes hard to know which decisions are good, it is a great feeling to know that Bru McCoy feels like he made a great decision to come play football at Tennessee after all he has been through.

VN Store

Back