Florida Fans…

I see multiple Florida fans on Twitter defending Napier’s decision to go for 2 on Saturday. Kind of weird to me considering that cost them a shot at kicking the FG at the end and sending the game to OT. I guess they are already drinking the Billy kool-aid and believing whatever he does is holy.

I like they like that kind of coaching.

He gots this paper…….he gots to do what the paper says.

The paper comes from a computer…….so you know it’s legit.

The program is fed information by people who have probably never played or coached a game of football in their life……..so it’s going to come up with the best plan of action………given by smart people………not necessarily “football” people.

I thought he recognized the situation, saw he was going to get boat raced if he played straight up and went into 4 down offense anywhere on the field starting the 2nd quarter. Had he punted on those 4th downs they lose by 30 points. The 4 down offense kept his offense on the field and UT's off the field, risky but smart in this situation. They should be congratulating him on his aggressiveness instead of worrying about 2 point conversions.

I thought he recognized the situation, saw he was going to get boat raced if he played straight up and went into 4 down offense anywhere on the field starting the 2nd quarter. Had he punted on those 4th downs they lose by 30 points. The 4 down offense kept his offense on the field and UT's off the field, risky but smart in this situation. They should be congratulating him on his aggressiveness instead of worrying about 2 point conversions.
Totally agree. We have to be able to get off the field on defense.

We hadnt stopped them much all day. No clue why he wasn’t playing for OT but it looked like he was trying to win in regulation. Only way that makes sense to me. i would have taken my chances in OT, which he could have had pretty easily had he made the extra point earlier.

i mean the man has brass nuts. No one else is going for a long ball on 4th down in their own territory.

I see multiple Florida fans on Twitter defending Napier’s decision to go for 2 on Saturday. Kind of weird to me considering that cost them a shot at kicking the FG at the end and sending the game to OT. I guess they are already drinking the Billy kool-aid and believing whatever he does is holy.

the only explanation is that Napier comes from the Butch Jones coaching tree of clock management

Last edited:

I’m pretty sure I would have gone into full cardiac arrest if the game went into OT.

Napier and his staff had a meeting last Monday. In the meeting Napier said "how do we cover all of those WR?" All the coaches said "We cannot possibly stop all of those receivers", to which Napier responded "then how do we keep that offense off the field?" and somebody said "I heard of this coach in Arkansas that goes for it on every 4th down" Napier thought about it and said "sounds good", "Let's go with that plan, because if we punt we are losing by 30"

It's the "First Year Pass" mentality. Some fans will rationalize anything their HC does no matter how dumb. Sun Belt Billy won't have fans making excuses for him come year 3 I can promise you that.

Napier and his staff had a meeting last Monday. In the meeting Napier said "how do we cover all of those WR?" All the coaches said "We cannot possibly stop all of those receivers", to which Napier responded "then how do we keep that offense off the field?" and somebody said "I heard of this coach in Arkansas that goes for it on every 4th down" Napier thought about it and said "sounds good", "Let's go with that plan, because if we punt we are losing by 30"

True story bro!

To be fair, if Florida converted the 2 then we probably run our regular offense.

He should have kicked the fg on their first drive

Reactions: Proud Army Wife

VN Store

Back