Heisman Trophy Odds 2022 Week 4: Tennessee's Hendon Hooker is starting to turn heads

MontyPython

Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
Will Anderson Jr., Blake Corum, Sam Hartman, Michael Penix Jr., Spencer Sanders (+4000)

Oklahoma QB Dillon Gabriel (+3300)

Kansas QB Jalon Daniels (+3000)

Georgia QB Stetson Bennett (+2200)

Tennessee QB Hendon Hooker (+1600)

Hooker takes one of the largest leaps on this list after outdueling Anthony Richardson to help the Vols take down Florida. He was incredible, completing 22-of-28 passes for 349 yards and two touchdowns and running for another 112 yards and a touchdown. Just as important, Tennessee remains undefeated at 4-0. His odds shorten quite a bit after being jumbled with the +4000 group a week ago.

USC QB Caleb Williams (+600)

Alabama QB Bryce Young (+400)

Ohio State QB CJ Stroud (+150)

Was at the game so missed this live - just rewatched on TV. The fact that Hooker hurt his throwing shoulder the series before the 99 yard drive, was in obvious pain - made the big time throws down the field for that critical possession .. just crazy stuff.

Was at the game so missed this live - just rewatched on TV. The fact that Hooker hurt his throwing shoulder the series before the 99 yard drive, was in obvious pain - made the big time throws down the field for that critical possession .. just crazy stuff.
I thought it was his throwing shoulder too, but Austin Price said that it was his nonthrowing shoul.

It seemed like it made him better, almost like He kicked it into another gear after that. By the end of the game it seemed like everyone had forgotten he smashed his throwing shoulder. Quite a sight to behold.

Regardless of the Heistman drama, he is one of the best players in CFB rn. If he keeps it up, we are in for a heckuva ride.

I thought it was his throwing shoulder too, but Austin Price said that it was his nonthrowing shoul.
Hooker.JPG

Looks like his right shoulder being drove into the ground to me. As much as trust AP to have insider info, I believe he is wrong.

go to 1:02:45 to watch the replay

View attachment 494642

Looks like his right shoulder being drove into the ground to me. As much as trust AP to have insider info, I believe he is wrong.

go to 1:02:45 to watch the replay

In the game it looked like his sternum. I didn't see him grab his shoulder at all it looked like he was tugging the center of his shoulder pads.

In the game it looked like his sternum. I didn't see him grab his shoulder at all it looked like he was tugging the center of his shoulder pads.
I wondered about that too. But then I wondered if he was just hanging his arm from his pads to try and make it stop hurting. He was definitely hurting pretty bad and wincing off and on for the rest of the game.

I assumed shoulder because it looked like Miller drove him into the ground pretty hard there, right onto his right shoulder.

Reactions: 901 Orange

VN Store

Back