Tim Banks

Sorry 90% of game my bad. Not trying to argue or down you for your Opinion. I’ll say it this way in my opinion we need a new defense coordinator that is aggressive not one who will just keep plays in front of them. 456 yards passing is not good in my opinion
I can’t help but wonder how many of those 456 were in the 4th quarter when we had a double digit lead. Still hate to see it, but did the gameplan get more relaxed in an effort to avoid a quick TD? Just questions I don’t know

Stoerner Fumble's post this morning on page 3 is the best analysis I've read since yesterday afternoon.

Last edited:
Sorry 90% of game my bad. Not trying to argue or down you for your Opinion. I’ll say it this way in my opinion we need a new defense coordinator that is aggressive not one who will just keep plays in front of them. 456 yards passing is not good in my opinion
We need more recruits.. even when we were sending more pass rushers we were getting almost no pressure

Yeah, the attempt at "prevent" was a disaster. Should have just played the defense we had the entire second half up to that point. I don't get it at all. Made the game FAR closer than it should have been.

Really just saw that the secondary is porous. Made Richardson look like Peyton down the field. Not sure how that gets fixed in a hurry. Definitely have to continue to try and pressure the QB.

Against any team we play we need to pressure the qb, I hate when we drop back in coverage, on 3 and long, with no pressure on the qb and still not covering the receivers. I would take my chances on pressuring the qb. I don't know how many 3rd and longs Fla converted, but it was a bunch. We do better on third and short than 3rd and long.

Reactions: rwemyss
2021 TN vs FL: TN total yds = 423, 2 TDs FL total yds = 505, 5 TDs
2022 FL vs TN: TN total yds = 576, 5 TDs FL total yds = 594, 5 TDs

How in the hell is the 2022 TN defense much improved over 2021 TN defense against FL? I would say TN offense improved but D gave up more yards and same # of TDs.

Fla. qb is much better than last years qb

The same coach Banks lead defense that everyone credits with the win at Pittsburgh?? Is that the one we are complaining about??

Why not just enjoy the win

Reactions: volfanhill
The same coach Banks lead defense that everyone credits with the win at Pittsburgh?? Is that the one we are complaining about??

Why not just enjoy the win
Because people like to be miserable or think they come off as smart. It's a strange thing. I don't give one **** that FSU's starting QB was out when won the natty in 98. All that matters is the W

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Some of our "smartest" fans want our defense to look like we've been recruiting top level SEC defensive players for many years in a row and we have this mythical "depth" everyone keeps speaking of.

We are however, good enough to win. The next step is being good enough to dominate. That will be accomplished by recruiting. And recruiting alone. We didn't get magically better over one off season. That will take time.
Better for us to be winning while it happens. Which we are. All y'all fake A defensive coordinators need to calm down. Your negativity is ruining the page. This was a big win and it should seem like it around here.

imo, when we pressured the qb even if we had to blitz, we were much more effective on defense. Richardson was usually very inaccurate when pressured. So why not blitz more on third and long.

We are simpatico here. They are thin in the backend for sure. I just don’t agree with playing not to lose, on any play. I can live with mistakes at full speed and with the offense playing as aggressively as they play, the defense should be freed to play loose and aggressive, situationally. Protect the back end by pressuring the football. At the end of the day, this team is better defensively than they were last year. It’s just painful to see them force teams to play behind the chains, and then watch that hard work squandered by calling conservative plays.

Very well said, my thoughts exactly

imo, when we pressured the qb even if we had to blitz, we were much more effective on defense. Richardson was usually very inaccurate when pressured. So why not blitz more on third and long.

Bc it's all a balance. You start doing it more they prepare for it more and beat you in other ways. Just bc it works doesn't mean you should do it a great deal more. That very well may make it not work. And it worked when we needed it most

Bc it's all a balance. You start doing it more they prepare for it more and beat you in other ways. Just bc it works doesn't mean you should do it a great deal more. That very well make it not work
Bc it's all a balance. You start doing it more they prepare for it more and beat you in other ways. Just bc it works doesn't mean you should do it a great deal more. That very well make it not work

I agree but what we are doing on 3rd and long is definately not working.

I agree but what we are doing on 3rd and long is definately not working.
We are 4-0 and have beaten two top 20 teams. That doesn't meant there isn't work to do but people are ridiculous on here. Enjoy the win. And we can give up 1000 points every game as long as we score 1001. And I am surprised at the hate on banks. We don't have the talent on the backend. He's been here 18 months. Chill the hell out and let him go to work.

This program was left for dead 18 months ago. Now we are ranked 8th in the country. Perspective is a wonderful thing

We are 4-0 and have beaten two top 20 teams. That doesn't meant there isn't work to do but people are ridiculous on here. Enjoy the win. And we can give up 1000 points every game as long as we score 1001. And I am surprised at the hate on banks. We don't have the talent on the backend. He's been here 18 months. Chill the hell out and let him go to work.

This program was left for dead 18 months ago. Now we are ranked 8th in the country. Perspective is a wonderful thing

Don't get me wrong I am very well pleased with the results Hype is accomplishing. I just wished he had ran our regular offensive scheme when we got up by 17 and we didn't. I am very happy for ut to be 4 and 0 and beat fla. Just when we do get a lead don't let up. Continue doing what got us the lead.

We won the damn game. Maybe next year we can blitz AR to death on third down so you can feel better..

The last thing they needed to do was give blitz and Florida easy scores. Make them work their way down field all game. And it worked. Perfectly. Because it appears to me that we won.

I can’t help but wonder how many of those 456 were in the 4th quarter when we had a double digit lead. Still hate to see it, but did the gameplan get more relaxed in an effort to avoid a quick TD? Just questions I don’t know
Good question and no answer honestly we need to quit worrying about that and keep the gas peddle on especially against our rivals. Our Defense needs to be aggressive no matter the circumstances. Make the QB be very anxious to get rid of ball and make more mistakes is why I like aggressive defense and those same deficiencies we see in secondary will become mute because they will have those erratic passes

Reactions: bpalmer28

I think Banks is actually doing a great job considering our lack of depth and talent on the defensive side. If we get a few more playmakers on defense, we are going to be a hard team to beat.

I like Banks, never was sold on Martinez. Our DBs might not be the most talented, but they get lost in coverage a lot. The lack of tackling on Florida's first TD is almost comedic.

Here's an olive branch. If UT's prevent/4 minute D wasn't as bad as it was then we probably aren't talking about Banks like this. For most of the game AR got production but nothing that couldn't be managed. Those last few minutes of the game when UT tried to go "soft" is when it got really bad. Either a conversion by the O late or a stop by the D makes it a 2 score win.

Right now, I would settle for our DBs being closer than 5-yards away from the receiver they are covering. We do that, we might grab a few more INTs.

Yeah I don't know about this. People say this every single year about our coaches and God knows we've burned through coach after coach around here. We just need to recruit a bunch of blue chip players on defense or raid the transfer portal. The coaches can try to help with scheme and missed tackles but the players have to go out and execute.

Nope, never have. If I ever get to Colorado Springs though I will look it up and give it a try. I enjoy an occasional good beer, but I am more of a bourbon man these days as it means more kick with fewer trips to the bathroom.:)

Who knows maybe you served with some of those guys that opened up this brewery?

Reactions: Redleg68
I definitely think we are going with the band but don’t break approach. That means often times allowing the defense to have the underneath routes but just preventing them from beating you deep. That’s really exactly what happened Saturday. Florida was able to dink and dunk on us all the way up and down the field. But the risk of an Alta is having to score like that is it means eventually they could make a mistake. And that’s what happened the light in the game when AR fumbled.
Personally, I thought that with a running qb we should’ve been bringing pressure more often that not. Not in the end it worked out. That’s all that mattered.

VN Store

Back