Ramel Keyton appreciation thread

I’m happy for him. He stuck with it when a lot of other guys would have transferred out, and he took advantage of his opportunity. He came up clutch several times for us yesterday. Even on the plays he didn’t get the ball thrown to him, he was out making some nice blocks helping the other guys get some extra yards.

I was at a Vol walk back during the Kiffin year, and they had a section for recruits that I happened to be next to, and I struck up a conversation with a few of them. I told one of those guys that if you make one spectacular play here and never did anything else, that he would still be talked about when he was old. That catch was one of those plays.

How much eligibility does he have left. with the potential departures of Tillman and bru, he could possibly move into the number 1 role next season

I loved how he got up immediately and signaled first down. If it was me that somehow pull that off, I’d have had the wind knocked out of me.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I hope that Tillman can get healed up quickly and get back on the field.
In hind sight though, not having him for the Florida game should prove to the team that they can perform well on the big stage regardless of who is on the field. This offense is not a one man show. The future is bright. GBO!

Unbelievable catch and one that was absolutely pivotal in getting us momentum right before the half. I hope this is a sign of more to come from the young man. Stepped up in a big spot

View attachment 494267
Been doing it all year. Different player. May be too early but WTH…Pope is an upgrade.

We get another year of Keyton right?

I think this guy will be an excellent compliment to bru next year if they’re both back

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
We get another year of Keyton right?

I think this guy will be an excellent compliment to bru next year if they’re both back

I was wondering the same. It seems like he should still have his super senior year, but I'm not sure.

These are the kind of unbelievable plays that Florida would make against us in clutch situations in the past. It feels good to have the shoe on the other foot. These guys definitely weren't "scared" coming into this game like it seemed with previous staffs

Last edited:
Reactions: Ratvol
How much eligibility does he have left. with the potential departures of Tillman and bru, he could possibly move into the number 1 role next season
I think Bru has like 3 years of eligibility left. Not that he will use all three, but I expect at least 1 more with him being number 1 guy and staying on the right path.
Tillman gone after this year for sure.

Unbelievable catch and one that was absolutely pivotal in getting us momentum right before the half. I hope this is a sign of more to come from the young man. Stepped up in a big spot

View attachment 494267
That is an incomplete pass - 99 out of 100 times. Probably will prove to be the play of the year - almost superhuman effort - he needs to be rotated in from time to time just off of how he played in this game imho. Much like Milton, he starts at 95 percent of the schools in the SEC which means his starts at 98 % of the schools across America.

Hard to start ahead of Tillman or Hooker ... but don't ever discount these guys - they can play football.

VN Store

Back