I am 52 years old ....

I want the Vols to win and will be angry if they lose and happy if they win.

But it’s still a game and not a reason to get into an altercation, for either team.
To be fair-the original poster didn’t indicate he would create an altercation, just that he’d be a willing participant. I agree that you shouldn’t fight over a game. I will also say that my experience with Florida fans has been largely negative and it’s the only away game where someone has tried to fight me, unprovoked without me saying anything to them or even looking at them, as we were leaving the stadium. I chose not to participate but it’s tough to do in the moment and I don’t fault those who do react. Florida fans are well known for this and things like throwing pee on rival fans. Aaron Hernandez best exemplified Florida.

To be fair-the original poster didn’t indicate he would create an altercation, just that he’d be a willing participant. I agree that you shouldn’t fight over a game. I will also say that my experience with Florida fans has been largely negative and it’s the only away game where someone has tried to fight me, unprovoked without me saying anything to them or even looking at them, as we were leaving the stadium. I chose not to participate but it’s tough to do in the moment and I don’t fault those who do react. Florida fans are well known for this and things like throwing pee on rival fans. Aaron Hernandez best exemplified Florida.

I agree whole heartedly and I wasn’t trying to conflict OP statement.

Some of the Gator fans (99 Gator, Lawrence Wright, Law Gator, etc. ) on this site seem to be nice people, and I usually enjoy their commentary. However, I think the Florida fan base is the most obnoxious I’ve seen @ Neyland since 1992.

Every fan base has “bad fans” that embarrass their programs. I’m aware of the “ urine in cups” incidents and I’ve seen grown men want to fight TN fans.

However, I’m hopeful I could remove myself from a situation if provoked instead of retaliating. I rather go home than going to jail.

Edit

Last edited:
Reactions: UTFanHades

VN Store

Back