‘23 TN RB DeSean Bishop (Tennessee commit)

So your point is... what? That two way players aren't at higher risk for getting injured than people who don't play both ways? You're doing a really terrible job laying out a coherent point.

All I have said is that number of reps in any sport/activity is directly correlated to injury. And your response is "well some people play both ways" as if that's a meaningful counterpoint
3f2.jpeg.jpg

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
So your point is... what? That two way players aren't at higher risk for getting injured than people who don't play both ways? You're doing a really terrible job laying out a coherent point.

All I have said is that number of reps in any sport/activity is directly correlated to injury. And your response is "well some people play both ways" as if that's a meaningful counterpoint

Most hs players play both ways. So you aren't worried about any Dbs? What do you think Bishop does when he doesn't get a carry? Run backwards and lay down? Surely coaches know not to ask a tailback to pass protect. Why aren't you on the soapbox demanding no body play more than 20 snaps per game. And everyone gets a trophy.

Reactions: garbear
Most hs players play both ways. So you aren't worried about any Dbs? What do you think Bishop does when he doesn't get a carry? Run backwards and lay down? Surely coaches know not to ask a tailback to pass protect. Why aren't you on the soapbox demanding no body play more than 20 snaps per game. And everyone gets a trophy.
Running backwards apparently reverses the amount of yards backs have on their legs. So doing that might not be a bad idea

I'm not worried about any of them. If they want to play both ways or take 50 carries a game, more power to them. I never said we should or shouldn't take bishop based on his work load. It's just a risk assessment and projection of his next 3-5 years in college at that point. You're the only one on a soapbox regarding that argument. I just said your assessment of their injury risk based on repetition is very, very wrong

Reactions: HalfullVol
unless Bishop is working for a scholarship for a position besides RB, he should maybe just play RB this season.

our mid-level HS in TN platooned 40 years ago.

Never saw any of our RB's on the field other than RB.

just saying

He may run a lot , but how many hard hits is he actually taking? Honest question

He may run a lot , but how many hard hits is he actually taking? Honest question
Probably not a lot, but every time he carries the ball, it is another opportunity to take a hit, plant his leg wrong, get rolled up on by a defender, etc., that could alter his career. It’s impossible to predict which hit could be the one to take him out. Now that could be said for any time he touches the ball, but increasing his touches toward a dangerously high number increases that risk, however incrementally, past zero. Fatigue and loss of focus come into play as his touches increase that can also increase the risk of injury.

Just a note to all that Karns at Powell is on for free viewing at DIAMONDCLEARMEDIA.COM STARTING AT 7:00.

Should be this kids toughest physical battle so far this season.

Just a note to all that Karns at Powell is on for free viewing at DIAMONDCLEARMEDIA.COM STARTING AT 7:00.

Powell isn’t anywhere close to what they were last season

Reactions: TN-POSSUM

I'm seeing Bearden & Hardin Valley.

Edit: NVM,there are a few games.

I'm not worried about any of them. If they want to play both ways or take 50 carries a game, more power to them. I never said we should or shouldn't take bishop based on his work load. It's just a risk assessment and projection of his next 3-5 years in college at that point. You're the only one on a soapbox regarding that argument. I just said your assessment of their injury risk based on repetition is very, very wrong

How many of his carries have you seen this year? Potential risk and realized risk are two different things. They are ALL pretty much out there for free to see on DIAMOND CLEAR MEDIA. I don't think you can realistically assess wear and tear out of a box score. It is obvious that he and his coaches have him avoid serious contact in order for him to be available for the quantity of carries they expect and he does leave yards out there. Hate to see the treatment he would get from the Milton is a coward detractors on our boards. He dang sure goes out of bounds more than any back I have seen when he bounces runs to the outside as part of THE risk avoidance plan.

I don't know if his speed and overall athleticism translate to upper level P5 or not. He is definitely in the GAMER category exhibiting vision and patience then applying a burst for sure. It is fun watching him still rack up yardage and scores with defenses stacking the box and keying on him. They made it easy for the defense this last week with him taking a bunch of snaps from the wildcat formation.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
How many of his carries have you seen this year? Potential risk and realized risk are two different things. They are ALL pretty much out there for free to see on DIAMOND CLEAR MEDIA. I don't think you can realistically assess wear and tear out of a box score. It is obvious that he and his coaches have him avoid serious contact in order for him to be available for the quantity of carries they expect and he does leave yards out there. Hate to see the treatment he would get from the Milton is a coward detractors on our boards. He dang sure goes out of bounds more than any back I have seen when he bounces runs to the outside as part of THE risk avoidance plan.

I don't know if his speed and overall athleticism translate to upper level P5 or not. He is definitely in the GAMER category exhibiting vision and patience then applying a burst for sure. It is fun watching him still rack up yardage and scores with defenses stacking the box and keying on him. They made it easy for the defense this last week with him taking a bunch of snaps from the wildcat formation.

All that's fine. I have zero clue about any specific player and their usage. There's a positive correlation between usage and injury. I never made any other argument, but if anyone wants to argue against that then they can continue yelling at clouds if they want to

VN Store

Back