Oh hell Yes - orange jersey/ white pants

I totally disagree with that. The O still hasn’t put a full game together as a team nor have they competed in an SEC game or a rivalry game yet.

Just look at first quarter production and then tell me they’re sure of themselves and what they can do. if they start slow and Florida gets momentum it’s going to hurt their chances to win alot.

I say focus on execution and look pretty later.

I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree then… when football becomes too much like work and less like the game you love to play interest and execution decline.

Players aren’t “uptight” playing in their regular uniform. I’m not gonna tell you how stupid that statement is but it’s pretty stupid.

Didn’t say the players were uptight in their regular uniforms. I’m saying when you take the fun out of the game then players play uptight. If memory serves me correctly, players determine which uni’s to wear; so I say let them have fun if they decide they wanna wear orange and white, great! Black jerseys, great! Smokey grey jerseys, great! As long as they’re enjoying what they’re doing!

Reactions: Clevegasvol
Traditional O& W for the game.

Alternates are for those that we need a jump for. If they’re not ready for Florida’s ass, no black or gray jersey is gonna get them ready.

Maybe they break out the smokey grays for the Red Elephants game.

This is something Shane Beamer and Butch Jones would think is important.

You don't see Alabama or Penn State worried about a change of clothes.

This makes people feel good for the years of subpar seasons.
Changing uniforms is what 99% of all sports teams do. You're not playing Saturday just be a fan and cheer

Ga wears alternates. Remind me again what they did last year?

Reactions: Vol_guy
Bama will be a CBS game

CBS gets a night game once or twice a season.
The last decade or so, that has been saved mostly for Alabama/LSU
An undefeated Tennessee and Alabama would be the best primetime game CBS could get with aTm losing already and LSU falling off the table.
An undefeated Kentucky vs. Georgia would not have the same panache

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Deer Park said that we now have a "branding plan" where we will wear our traditional unis in championship games and big traditional rivalries. I would personally think that means Georgia, Bama and Florida. Im guessing we will see the dark mode against LSU and the smokey greys against Kentucky.

LSU is tricky since they wear white at home. Id like to see us mix it up for that game. We need that one BAD.

I’ve been thinking LSU would be an alternate game for the same reasons. Should be fun.

CBS gets a night game once or twice a season.
The last decade or so, that has been saved mostly for Alabama/LSU
An undefeated Tennessee and Alabama would be the best primetime game CBS could get with aTm losing already and LSU falling off the table.
An undefeated Kentucky vs. Georgia would not have the same panache

CBS has already declared Oct 8 as their doubleheader weekend. Bama-AM was the thought as the night game but it might be Tennessee-LSU now.

Deer Park said that we now have a "branding plan" where we will wear our traditional unis in championship games and big traditional rivalries. I would personally think that means Georgia, Bama and Florida. Im guessing we will see the dark mode against LSU and the smokey greys against Kentucky.

LSU is tricky since they wear white at home. Id like to see us mix it up for that game. We need that one BAD.

I think dark mode might make more sense against Kentucky since that’s Halloween weekend.

Two.examples out of 130. And one aint that great of an example.

Many teams switch uniforms. It is the norm.

I dont know which side of the debate seems to be more girlie...but whatever they wear i will be pulling for them

Even if its a Vandy/Bama color scheme combo..just as long as they accessorize with pretty stuff and their socks match
😁😁

Reactions: Jeff Clark
Two.examples out of 130. And one aint that great of an example.

Many teams switch uniforms. It is the norm.

I dont know which side of the debate seems to be more girlie...but whatever they wear i will be pulling for them

Even if its a Vandy/Bama color scheme combo..just as long as they accessorize with pretty stuff and their socks match
😁😁

Yep. Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan, and Oklahoma have all worn alternates. So it’s not some sort of failure on UT’s part to act like a blue blood. Much as I prefer the traditional orange and white, it’s just the way things are now.

I think dark mode might make more sense against Kentucky since that’s Halloween weekend.

By the way, I really like this plan.

Had there been any word as to whether or not we’ve been able to get black helmets for dark mode? Or if they’re trying to?

VN Store

Back