Anyone selling UF/TN tickets?

I'm not sure I could justify paying the prices they are currently going for... especially a regular season game. Maybe for the SEC Championship game or something of that nature. Not completely related, but I paid $500 each (200 level seats) for Braves World Series tickets last year and it's hard to believe that regular season, upper deck tickets are going for that and more.

I know I couldn't justify it, and that's why I'm a STH. On a similar note, I paid $525 each for tickets in the 300s for game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final in Tampa last year.

Edit: I didn't like paying that much and knew I was overpaying, but I wasn't sure if I'd ever be able to catch the Lightning in the SCF in person ever again. That's the big difference though....a potentially once-in-a-lifetime opportunity (going to see Tampa in the SCF) vs a regular season game against team we play in Neyland every other year (Florida). If people are willing to pay $500+ each for this game and they are, so be it, but I definitely wouldn't. By the way, if we somehow get W's this weekend and against LSU....I can't even imagine Alabama ticket prices.

Last edited:
I just appreciate the fact nobody has said “if you can’t afford it, blah blah blah.” I can afford it, but I have a wife to answer to! 😆 so thank you guys for the thoughtful responses. Raise some good points on the difference between now and 2016.

I just appreciate the fact nobody has said “if you can’t afford it, blah blah blah.” I can afford it, but I have a wife to answer to! 😆
Agreed! I can afford it for sure but I can't justify spending that kind of money, when I can take the family to the beach. Just imagine spending that money and walking home after a L(our luck against FL is pretty terrible). Talk about really pissed.

Agreed! I can afford it for sure but I can't justify spending that kind of money, when I can take the family to the beach. Just imagine spending that money and walking home after a L(our luck against FL is pretty terrible). Talk about really pissed.

For $300 you can get your own season tickets, go to the games you want. Either give the ones not used to family or friends. you could even sell them for face value. $600 get you lower level in the end zone.

Reactions: Orangeglasses90
Oh I don’t have to imagine it. I have lived it many times over the last decade, ha.

For $300 you can get your own season tickets, go to the games you want. Either give the ones not used to family or friends. you could even sell them for face value. $600 get you lower level in the end zone.
Oh I have already told my wife we are getting season tickets and I'll just buy 4 for the non conference games when we take the kiddos.

I'm doing this for next year, so I don't have to worry about these headaches.

Reactions: Volflyfisher
So, if u bought a house in 2019 and decided to sale it this year, you should only sell it for what u paid originally? Sometimes market value changes. Right or wrong, it's the world we live in...
I don't mind if someone makes some extra over face value. Understandable. But jacking it up quadruple face value is asinine. There used to be a lot of Vol fans that would help other Vol fans. Like I said, if you wanna make some money, awesome. I'll oblige. Like others have said in here though, I can afford it, but just can't justify $5-600 plus for a upper. That's a joke.

So, if u bought a house in 2019 and decided to sale it this year, you should only sell it for what u paid originally? Sometimes market value changes. Right or wrong, it's the world we live in...
Also to add to my prior post. That's $1200 for me and my wife to attend on top of hotel, gas, and food (yes, I understand that's all part of traveling, I have done it many times) People will see our point or they won't and that's cool.

So is 200k for a 1000 square foot house but people pay it every day. As I said before, I'm not disagreeing, it just is what it is. I dare to say that if any one of us were selling our house and the realtor told us it were worth 50k more than we thought, none of us would say "no, just list it for less."

I think you will have a few that drop prices a little over the next couple of days but I wouldn't advise trying to get them on the street before the game. I bet those will be outrageous
Best I've seen is $150 but when I called the guy he said they were gone. Even that is ridiculous, but at the top edge of where I'd buy them.
Best bet with scalpers would be to wait right at or right after kickoff and catch them leaving. See what the lowest they'll bite for so they don't take as big of a hit. I've gotten that to work a couple of times, although it's been years since I've tried it.

Don’t underestimate the impact the new partnership with Ticketmaster has on inflated prices this year. Ticketmaster regularly holds back tickets and lists them as “resale” tickets at inflated prices. UT’s partnership with TM is a deal with the devil and the fans suffer because of it.

Tickets are moving off the secondary market at a wild pace…only 1,309 left on stubhub. Keep that in mind…tried waiting till after kickoff in 2016 and there were literally no scalpers with tickets in sight. With things being mobile now it’s likely going to be even harder to wait till late since people are paying the asking price.

Tickets are moving off the secondary market at a wild pace…only 1,309 left on stubhub. Keep that in mind…tried waiting till after kickoff in 2016 and there were literally no scalpers with tickets in sight. With things being mobile now it’s likely going to be even harder to wait till late since people are paying the asking price.

What in this tells the “wild pace”?

Tickets have come down about $50 today on Ticketmaster. Might continue to see some more downward pressure if people hold out

Reactions: feathersax
Tickets have come down about $50 today on Ticketmaster. Might continue to see some more downward pressure if people hold out
braveheart-hold.gif

A lot of season holders like myself have lost our ass for many years giving tickets away, I can’t blame those for recouping loses over the years, I will be at Florida but my bama tickets will go for 3x face value because I have lost thousands in the past few years giving them away
Nobody made you give them away.

VN Store

Back