Worried about Hookers psyche?

Mose Phillip's Watch

Is his so so play by his own admitting got him mentally prepared for the biggest game of his life especially with a bunch of fans wanting Milton to start ? šŸ¤”

Is his so so play by his own admitting got him mentally prepared for the biggest game of his life especially with a bunch of fans wanting Milton to start ? šŸ¤”
Hooker has thrown for 42 TDs and 2 ints since taking over. Anyone with half a brain doesn't want that change to happen...

Can we stop AR running though? Remember Ole Miss game last year ?
Probably will slow him down enough for him to give us the football a few times. Dude is a turnover machine. If he is making horrible decisions in crucial moments playing in the Swamp, what do you think he will do whenever he canā€™t hear himself think on Saturday afternoon? He threw a pick in the endzone to USF and had the player not gotten a toenail on the out of bounds line it was going to be a pick 6 instead of a touchback. USF would have been up by 11 with less than 8 minutes left in the game. Instead they immediately threw the ball back to Florida and gave them an easy TD. Wanna guess want they didnā€™t do? Give the ball to Richardson. They ran it 4 times with Etienne. He cannot be trusted and will be in way over his head.

Can we stop AR running though? Remember Ole Miss game last year ?
Yup go and rewatch the Kentucky game. It's the blueprint. He only had 6 rushing yards against them and he only had a little over 20 yards rushing against USF. The way you beat AR is containing his legs and daring him to beat you with his arm. He isn't a good passer and we will get a couple ints imo.

Last edited:
Probably will slow him down enough for him to give us the football a few times. Dude is a turnover machine. If he is making horrible decisions in crucial moments playing in the Swamp, what do you think he will do whenever he canā€™t hear himself think on Saturday afternoon? He threw a pick in the endzone to USF and had the player not gotten a toenail on the out of bounds line it was going to be a pick 6 instead of a touchback. USF would have been up by 11 with less than 8 minutes left in the game. Instead they immediately threw the ball back to Florida and gave them an easy TD. Wanna guess want they didnā€™t do? Give the ball to Richardson. They ran it 4 times with Etienne. He cannot be trusted and will be in way over his head.
This

I have watched the game between florida and south florida several times...............it is so obvious how to beat Florida. 9 out of 10 times they are going to run the ball up the middle and dare you to stop them. If we can come close to stopping the run we can beat them like a drum ! I AM CONVINCED OF THIS. For the life of me, I do not believe that AR can beat us throwing the ball. Hey, I have been wrong lots of times. Also......we are not going to stop their running backs with shoulder tackles , waist and below only . They are too fast, strong, with excellent blocking.

Reactions: tnvols72
It's not the biggest game of his life. It's the biggest game of this week.

Hendon's a pretty level-headed guy. I don't know if you've noticed, but he's uncommonly calm under pressure.

He won't have heard that fans are asking for Milton to start, because most fans aren't saying that. In fact, I haven't seen a single person propose that.

Hooker's good to go. I think he's poised to have his best game of the season so far. I think we're going to see him lighting up the field with completions.

Go Vols!

I have watched the game between florida and south florida several times...............it is so obvious how to beat Florida. 9 out of 10 times they are going to run the ball up the middle and dare you to stop them. If we can come close to stopping the run we can beat them like a drum ! I AM CONVINCED OF THIS. For the life of me, I do not believe that AR can beat us throwing the ball. Hey, I have been wrong lots of times. Also......we are not going to stop their running backs with shoulder tackles , waist and below only . They are too fast, strong, with excellent blocking.

AR will throw a lot of out routes, wr bubble screen passes and short outs while they also try to beat us running the ball. Hopefully our defense is up to the task especially our linebackers. Our secondary needs to act as a second set of linebackers this game and play up close in man coverage because AR is not beating anyone deep down the field.

Hendon's a pretty level-headed guy. I don't know if you've noticed, but he's uncommonly calm under pressure.

He won't have heard that fans are asking for Milton to start, because most fans aren't saying that. In fact, I haven't seen a single person propose that.

Hooker's good to go. I think he's poised to have his best game of the season so far. I think we're going to see him lighting up the field with completions.

Go Vols!
I think we see him run the ball more if needed. think we have been saving his legs for sec play

Go Vols!
Right, who the hell wants Milton to start based off two touchdown passes?

Ah but there's something that happens with a UF qb when he sees UT orange that transforms him into something superhuman. We've all seen it....many times. Hey, Hooker can have a terrible game pop up and bite him. By the same token AR can rise up and play like the Heisman winner. In one game,. anything can happen.

Last edited:
The best thing to do is have him run the ball on the first offensive snap. Getting hit calms you down and gets your head in the right place to perform.

Reactions: ReelfootVol
Ah but there's something that happens with a UF qb when he sees UT orange that transforms him into something superhuman. We've all seen it....many times. Hey, Hooker can have a terrible game pop up and bite him. By the same token AR can rise up and play like the Heisman winner. In one game,. anything can happen.
Austin Appleby was a better QB than Richardson has been this year. Thatā€™s all I will say šŸ˜‰

I don't think a bunch of fans are wanting Milton to start.
I think fans are happy to see Milton's progress and are some what confident the train will keep steaming ahead if he has to come in.
Seems most are happy with our QB room than in the past.

VN Store

Back