Calloway ejected

Just because I don't think that Tennessee guys are immaculate God's gift to humanity and can do no wrong doesn't mean I'm not a fan. The fact that people can't differentiate between that are delirious.

I don't condone our guy's behavior. However, for folks like you who relish putting down our players for the slightest infraction, and stomping them while down, I'm going to step beyond the line with a suggestion. Give Calloway at least a tiny bit of credit, eh? Why? Unlike too many cowardly, brain-dead, and trigger-happy people these days, he didn't sneak a gun onto the field to shoot somebody who so much as looked at him cross-eyed. Can you do that? Or is your Vol-player hate too strong to allow it?

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Boo hoo, the guy said some words that made me mad so I had to punch him 5 times. That's a helluva lot worse than being mad that he punched someone.
Lol why you so upset over punches being thrown at a player with a helmet on? Last I checked Calloway would suffer more damage than the player with a helmet on lol

Reactions: TC 83
If it was a hockey it would be 5 min penalty for fighting and back in the game. For crying out loud you people act like he committed a bank robbery. It’s a contact sport with lots of emotion involved. 100,000 people yelling “Kill them!” and a young man full testosterone retaliated for a hand under his face mask. He needs to be on the field in the next game and see if he learned anything. Y’all need to lighten up.

My point is , anyone who does this needs gone .

Will you also sign up for lifetime bans on posters who make cheapshot posts without a complete data set? That is assuming of course you have not had access to what the staff found out after game film review and the post-game debriefing with the player and his teammates. Is wildly swinging at players on the field any more egregious than wildly swinging at players on the boards? Please spare us the this is a message board and that is what we do defense.

I am betting CJH will deal with him based on the sum of his Vol tenure and make it a teaching moment for him and the rest of the squad. Pretty obvious Coach values composure, so there will be costs. The rulebook seems to require he miss the first half of the next game at a minimum for fighting. Not sure what rules the league office could also employ above that.

He for sure was guilty of A. But did the crack officials we had miss something on the other team that met B?

a. An attempt to strike an opponent with the arm(s), hand(s), leg(s) or foot (feet), whether or not there is contact.

b. An unsportsmanlike act toward an opponent that causes any opponent to retaliate by fighting (Rules 9-2-1 and 9-5-1-a-c).

He sure seemed wound up about something and the rulesmakers seemed to recognize the potentials out there.

A guy does not lose it like he did over nothing! And we don’t know what caused him to go off. If we knew the whole story we wouldn’t be so hard on him maybe.
The whole story might not be known until the end of the game Saturday. If Tillman can't go, not having Calloway might cost us more than him missing a game. The fight couldn't happen another week or when all our other WRs were healthy. No...it had to be Florida week and Tillman gets injured against the worst team on our schedule. This is how it goes with UT.

Nothing was done that warranted 5 swings. Side note:

You have to be dumber then a box of rocks to swing five times at another players helmet. That's not ending well for you. It should be the old "you aren't punished for throwing punches but for being stupid."
Side note…. Everyone has a limit.

Reactions: SAPPER 5
If im coach...Calloway never hears Rocky Top again
😏
did you guys also want:

1. Banks kicked off after the video?
2. AJ kicked off after the accusations?
3. JJ kicked off after stepping on the Vandy player?

Or how about any player who targets, late hits, roughs the kicker or gets an unsportsmanlike penalty?

It was a split second decision and a bad one yes.....but our coaches had him in the locker room BEFORE he was officially ejected. They took quick and decisive action and will continue to teach....good grief, it is not like he suplexed anyone. Bad, bad, horrid decision, yes....but a teachable moment and believe coaches will get it right.

Reactions: Alto1 and SAPPER 5
did you guys also want:

Or how about any player who targets, late hits, roughs the kicker or gets an unsportsmanlike penalty?

It was a split second decision and a bad one yes.....but our coaches had him in the locker room BEFORE he was officially ejected. They took quick and decisive action and will continue to teach....good grief, it is not like he suplexed anyone. Bad, bad, horrid decision, yes....but a teachable moment and believe coaches will get it right.
I agree that he should be disciplined and not kicked off the team. BUT … one punch maybe .. two punches, ummm … after that you’ve GOT to pull it together and STOP. That’s totally out of control - and that’s the issue that must be addressed.

I agree that he should be disciplined and not kicked off the team. BUT … one punch maybe .. two punches, ummm … after that you’ve GOT to pull it together and STOP. That’s totally out of control - and that’s the issue that must be addressed.
Agree that he just went ham on the guy and was out of control. Agree that more needs to be done. I just do not believe a guy gets kicked off the team for that.

Get the guy an outlet to discuss these issues. Teach him some other ways to vent without violence.

Reactions: Winchester73
Not much the SEC could do here. They set precedent when Bama lineman Raekwon Davis assaulted a Missouri player in a similar manner without being penalized by the league...

They had a similar incident without punishing Omar Payne in basketball..

Not much the SEC could do here. They set precedent when Bama lineman Raekwon Davis assaulted a Missouri player in a similar manner without being penalized by the league...

They had a similar incident without punishing Omar Payne in basketball..
Do we hold UT players to a higher standard than the trash on the street found in the rest of the SEC? If not, fine but.... you get what you ask for.

did you guys also want:

VN Store

Back