Tillman / Small / Sampson

1SmokinVol

Guessing here, if anyone has inside scoop please share but, based on last week I will guess Tillman will go. Not sure about Sampson which sucks because he is a home run hitter. Smalls looks like could be shoulder again, hope it's not chronic and don't believe he will play Saturday !! Gonna need that beast mode D to show up Saturday.

Tillman will be a big loss if he can't play. I believe the other WRs are capable, but they will need to step up big time playing solid as an overall unit.
Tillman and Hooker's chemistry is the piece you can't replicate. Tillman is an absolute stud but Hooker's trust in Tillman is exponentially greater than every other receiver on our roster combined. This is the piece that pisses me off and gives me anxiety if Hooker doesn't have his most trustworthy receiver on the field Saturday. If he can't go then we will adapt and overcome. I will be glass half full even if he can't go saturday that it at least does not sound season ending which is a very big deal for the rest of the season. This is even more reason to make Neyland Stadium the most hostile environment ever!

Jerry Mack just said that Small and Sampson will be available, he trusts Sampson in a big game like Florida, and that Small made it thru practice with no issue.
Yeah I saw Jerry Mack said Small did everything in practice, participated in all drills, and looks good to go. Also said he trusts Sampson in a game like Florida so I’m hoping he gets more reps. That kid’s speed is electric

Reactions: Walkman

Great News for a Monday. Does anyone else think that the combination of Sampson and Wright are equal to or > Than Small and Wright? I am just going off what I have seen this fall. I don't know how strong Sampson or Wright are in pass protection which is crucial to be able to be on the field in these type of games. It just seems that both Wright and Sampson have a step and some wiggle that Small has not shown.

Tillman and Hooker's chemistry is the piece you can't replicate. Tillman is an absolute stud but Hooker's trust in Tillman is exponentially greater than every other receiver on our roster combined. This is the piece that pisses me off and gives me anxiety if Hooker doesn't have his most trustworthy receiver on the field Saturday. If he can't go then we will adapt and overcome. I will be glass half full even if he can't go saturday that it at least does not sound season ending which is a very big deal for the rest of the season. This is even more reason to make Neyland Stadium the most hostile environment ever!
Agreed. Hooker looks to Tillman A LOT and especially on 3rd downs. And Tillman will generally make the catch and get that first down. I feel like Bru has the game and body type to play that roll for Hooker but the chemistry Hooker and Tillman have is next level. It will be a challenge for sure.

Our WR room is more than capable. We have guys waiting in line to play. Are they Tillman ? No but they haven't seen the field as much either. Some have said Tillman is the go to but we have looked better when Tillman isn't targeted as much also. If he can play he will be out there. If not then some9ne steps up and hopefully Till is back for LSU

VN Store

Back