‘23 Nigeria C Rueben Abuchi Chinyelu

So he will UOV schools as well?? Confidence in him being at Tennessee changed?

I still like our chances. Our staff likes our chances. Apparently he’s being pressured to see programs that came to the event. The weekend report was based on that. Seems like torture to take two more trips, but who knows…

I still like our chances. Our staff likes our chances. Apparently he’s being pressured to see programs that came to the event. The weekend report was based on that. Seems like torture to take two more trips, but who knows…
Hell he wasn’t the only prospect there, Thierry Darlanwas there and has only OV’d to Arizona…would like to see us land him soon, has the feel of the longer it goes the less likely it is. Maybe he told our coaches winner of this weekends game gets his commitment lol.

Hell he wasn’t the only prospect there, Thierry Darlanwas there and has only OV’d to Arizona…would like to see us land him soon, has the feel of the longer it goes the less likely it is. Maybe he told our coaches winner of this weekends game gets his commitment lol.

I just think he and his family don’t understand the process, but think they do. I mentioned early that he naively thought he was going to make a deal by shopping programs. When he left here, staff/Spyre felt great that they made everyone feel comfortable with reality. I feel weird about this dragging out too, but there’s no way Rutgers or WSU has facilities or money to change his perspective.

I just think he and his family don’t understand the process, but think they do. I mentioned early that he naively thought he was going to make a deal by shopping programs. When he left here, staff/Spyre felt great that they made everyone feel comfortable with reality. I feel weird about this dragging out too, but there’s no way Rutgers or WSU has facilities or money to change his perspective.
Unless they make some bs financial promises and the family buys into it, but surely not.

I think part of it is that Chinyelu seemed like an easier grab because he was so unknown. Then the cat got out if the bag on him.

The other part is that Chinyelu is already elite at one thing; rebounding, where Cyril is still mostly a potential-based player.

I would much rather have a Shaq clone that can rebound and defend at an extremely high level.

Reactions: jhjenkins
He plans to visit Washington and Rutgers, then make a decision so he can sign early according to an interview.

Reactions: walkenvol
Is this guy off the board as it seems like it’s gone silent with him?
It’s silent because he lives in Africa and doesn’t do much in the way of interviews…thought seems to be Tennessee leads Florida, he has said he will visit Rutgers and Washington State in the coming weeks and then commit/sign in time for early signing period.

Last edited:
It’s silent because he lives in Africa and doesn’t do much in the way of interviews…thought seems to be Tennessee leads Florida, he has said he will visit Rutgers and Washington in the coming weeks and then commit/sign in time for early signing period.
I thought it was Washington State?

VN Store

Back