‘23 NC WR Nathan Leacock (Tennessee)

“When I saw him previously you could see the tools and the traits. I think there was room for improvement in terms of the playmaking ability and finishing ability. I think he is getting progressively better. I think Tennessee got a steal. He went from a mid to high 3-star into the top-200 which is a big jump for a wide receiver because it’s such a loaded position.”

-On3 Director of Scouting and Rankings, Charles Power, on bumping Leacock to a 4* and #146 overall.

First time watching the kids tape.
Also compared his tape to his former teammate Wesley Grimes (2022 4*)
Seem like he went head 2 head with Noah Rogers and his team lost. Leacock only a handful of grabs.

What I see:
- Big kid that is a natural runner- this means he will get faster in college. He's very good after the catch for a 6'2-6'3 type player. Strong lower body. Does have good field speed and can run away once momentum is going. Probably 4.55 guy? But gets faster as he runs. Has run a 10.98 100 meter this season. That speed shows on film once he breaks open in the field.
- Strong hands- plucks it right out of the air.
- More aggressive blocker than his former teammate Wesley Grimes.
- Plays with enthusiasm. He's having fun out there.

Needs work in the routes department.
Needs to tuck the ball away and get up field better (quicker)

Yeah he's a take for sure. Perfect for our offense. because of his yac ability and blocking.
Wouldn't be suprised if gets a 4th star before it's done.

Great eval by the coaches!
Great job by On3 for "being aware".👍

None of our fans could have guessed he would get bumped to a 4 star...

Not ONE! 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: TitanicVolz

VN Store

Back