Calloway ejected

Who cares it's a contact sport. Omg he hit me boohoo. Tackling a person is worse than throwing a punch at a person with a helmet on. Get over it
Boo hoo, the guy said some words that made me mad so I had to punch him 5 times. That's a helluva lot worse than being mad that he punched someone.

Boo hoo, the guy said some words that made me mad so I had to punch him 5 times. That's a helluva lot worse than being mad that he punched someone.

He also hit his face mask first.

There wasn’t just “words” thrown.

Get over yourself or watch the WNBA instead.

He also hit his face mask first.

There wasn’t just “words” thrown.

Get over yourself or watch the WNBA instead.
Wah wah wah, 45 point lead.

Were you this mad at Jonathan Wade when he hit the Florida guy in the facemask first? Would you have defended the Florida guy if he responded with 5 punches? Highly doubt it.

No need to get on our moral high horses here. The kid is a KID. He lost his head. We've all been there in one way or another. Let him pay his debt to the team and staff and move on with things. It's not like he abused a woman or shot someone's dog here.

Exactly. What he did was wrong by any measure and his conduct deserves corrective action, not an execution. He let the guy get to him and acted very inappropriately. If he had exhibited this kind of behavior before and failed to learn from his mistakes, then I would understand the lynch mob. But as far as I saw, he screwed up and acted in an embarrassing way. Don't tolerate it, but, fix it and move on.

Go watch the replay and notice where the guy's hand was prior to Callaway starting to punch him and what he was doing with his hand. I was a lot more upset with Callaway before I saw it.

I was wondering. Had not really noticed him before. I was thinking maybe UGA.
Just because I don't think that Tennessee guys are immaculate God's gift to humanity and can do no wrong doesn't mean I'm not a fan. The fact that people can't differentiate between that are delirious.

Go watch the replay and notice where the guy's hand was prior to Callaway starting to punch him and what he was doing with his hand. I was a lot more upset with Callaway before I saw it.

I didn't see anything. Tell us what you saw.

Just because I don't think that Tennessee guys are immaculate God's gift to humanity and can do no wrong doesn't mean I'm not a fan.
No. But language like that and the condemning way you've approached the discussions... casts a lot of doubt.

The fact that people can't differentiate between that are delirious.
I'm critical and far from "delirious". Akron took some dirty shots. The players noticed it. The coaches noticed it. The UT media noticed it. And a lot of fans noticed it. The only person trying to deny or excuse it that I've seen... is you. So who is "delirious"? And what might your motives be?

Share that link please.

32 seconds.

Keep watching and notice how Callaway's helmet is sitting afterwards.

It was really stupid on his part since you really can't hurt a guy with a helmet on by punching him. If he wanted to respond with a dirty play then he should have waited and found an opportunity to cleat a hand or calf.

32 seconds.

Keep watching and notice how Callaway's helmet is sitting afterwards.

It was really stupid on his part since you really can't hurt a guy with a helmet on by punching him. If he wanted to respond with a dirty play then he should have waited and found an opportunity to cleat a hand or calf.

I don't condone fighting in a ballgame. However I think Calloway will learn from his mistake. He will sit for UF and likely not dress. I'm not sure what took place on the prior snaps but the kid for Akron definitely did something. Calloway had enough and lost his composure. It is clearly a teaching moment .

Reactions: sjt18
I don't understand this "tough guy" posturing in this thread. It's not about the punches AT ALL.

It's about letting another player taunt, bully, cheap shot, whatever you into letting your team down. Much less a team you're hanging 50 on.

It's about a season of discipline and mental toughness working toward a goal, not about "he hit me first or insulted my Mom" so "I have a right to respond." The goal is to be there for your team, not prove "you're a man."

I swear some of you guys never got good coaching.

You saw "see below"?
Sorry. Should have been see above. Video at 32 seconds. Then look at how Callaway's helmet is sitting afterwards. He shoved his hand under the face mask into his nose and eyes hard enough to almost push his helmet off. Punches don't hurt. What that player did... does.

Reactions: Gandalf
I don't condone fighting in a ballgame. However I think Calloway will learn from his mistake. He will sit for UF and likely not dress. I'm not sure what took place on the prior snaps but the kid for Akron definitely did something. Calloway had enough and lost his composure. It is clearly a teaching moment .
Not going to lie. I took a few dirty shots in my time. There's a dumb way to do it... Callaway. And a calculated way to do it that sends a message.

VN Store

Back