Best jersey Number in UT football history?

In my time it has to be 16 or 92. But really there is to many to mention.

I took this post as the best number that multiple players wore that were outstanding players. 1 good player is known for wearing 16. 1 amazing player was known for wearing 92. We have several good players that were known for wearing 7 or 1 or 15. It is easy to find your favorite player and put in their number. I think it is a little more to know of several amazing players that have worn the same number.

Reactions: Plecoptera
Namath started the 12 followed by Bradshaw and Montanna and Stabler and many more. Peyton brought on the 16 and 19, But the Volunteer Number 7 worn by Holloway revolutionized the way we looked at numbers. Nobody had ever worn that 7! Elway picked it up and it has had quite a run for the past 50 years.

So, I say #7!

Reactions: HollowaytoSeivers
44 Bobby Majors, in my younger days he was my favorite player.

With the 44 on the front and the back, as well as on top of each shoulder, surrounded by orange, he was all over the field, returning punts and interceptions, the 44 was very easy to see from the stands

View attachment 490712
*Very Honorable mention:
LAURICELLA-2-obit-articleLarge-v2.jpg

Reactions: TN-POSSUM and MAD
Im gonna go with # 7 but it has to be the old style font that has that interlocking UT feel, not this new version with the straight edges. Who screwed that up?

This is really just a fun convo I like to have with people and I just wanna hear other peoples opinion.
Essentially what I’m asking is what number has the best history here on Rocky top?

We have numbers like #1 which history includes guys like a Little, Witten, Swain, and Callaway.
#11 with players such as Dobbs, Kent, Hunter, and James banks all wearing the number. #7 with Iceman, Deon grant, Mayo and Holloway
Again i’m just interested to see what peoples opinions are so have at it!!
Definitely 7, imo. Ordered this custom Clausen jersey today. 42CBA412-C1FD-44E0-B1E2-816D2B94B11F.jpeg

Love #27 for a front-seven savage....

#7 has had its moments and looks great on a Vol uniform. Would be all for #7 being an honorary number.

Reactions: vols33

VN Store

Back