‘23 CA RB Roderick Robinson (Georgia commit)

And the way Tennessee’s wide splits open the box…that’s a RB’s dream…not to mention the way in which the tempo provides an advantage for the OL.
The problem is RBs aren’t utilized in our system the same way they are in the NFL. They rarely are used in the passing game and they’re working exclusively out of sets they will never run in the league. I’m still not sure why Small and Wright haven’t been used more in the passing game. Hopefully we throw some of those wrinkles in next week

Well. And don’t hate me here but one program just won a NC. The other didn’t.
Request denied.

source.gif

The problem is RBs aren’t utilized in our system the same way they are in the NFL. They rarely are used in the passing game and they’re working exclusively out of sets they will never run in the league. I’m still not sure why Small and Wright haven’t been used more in the passing game. Hopefully we throw some of those wrinkles in next week

It kills me that we never run RB screens. I was watching the Pitt game thinking there were a few times where a good RB screen would be great. They could be really useful against teams with a really good pass rush like UGA and Bama. But we just don’t really run it.

It kills me that we never run RB screens. I was watching the Pitt game thinking there were a few times where a good RB screen would be great. They could be really useful against teams with a really good pass rush like UGA and Bama. But we just don’t really run it.
Totally agree with this. I have thought this exact same thing.

Maybe we are saving it for Alabama and Georgia. Add Florida in there also.

For a RB? In this offense? Are you insane?
I hesitated to respond to this, but yes. If you have a rb they have to respect, the passing game is unbeatable. If they don’t think you can run the ball, makes it a lot harder to air it out.

And if you haven’t noticed, the pass-run distribution is pretty equal. Heupel would love his offense to be good at running the ball.

Last edited:
Quit complaining about the offense
Quit giving this offense so much leeway simply because it’s better than what we’ve had in the past. Things can always be better, and running more screens would undoubtedly make it better. They just don’t do it because it takes longer to get lined up after one

He likes to tell people what to do and how to think. It’s his thing.

You mean like telling the staff why, how and when to run screen passes... Got it. Those folks can be annoying for sure... Always remind me of those guys that LOUDLY yell out instructions to HS coaches from the stands, earning embarrassed eyerolls complete with cringes from the general fanbase. He is just verbalizing those eyerolls at the college level. Everybody's tolerance level is different. But your cyber backslapping club is seen and noted.

You mean like telling the staff why, how and when to run screen passes... Got it. Those folks can be annoying for sure... Always remind me of those guys that LOUDLY yell out instructions to HS coaches from the stands, earning embarrassed eyerolls complete with cringes from the general fanbase. He is just verbalizing those eyerolls at the college level. Everybody's tolerance level is different. But your cyber backslapping club is seen and noted.
No one cares. This is a message board.

Quit giving this offense so much leeway simply because it’s better than what we’ve had in the past. Things can always be better, and running more screens would undoubtedly make it better. They just don’t do it because it takes longer to get lined up after one
I’m not disagreeing with you, but I wonder if this style of offense lends itself to screen passes not on the perimeter?

VN Store

Back