'24 TN DL Carson Gentle (Tennessee)

Intelligent and athletic genetics
I think Cooper is going to be one to keep an eye on. I suspect the older brothers wrestled to improve their flexibility and footwork. But Cooper appears to be serious about wrestling and might be a better athlete. Could develop into a must-have linebacker with that background and athleticism.

Maybe we can get his two older twin brothers to grad transfer in a couple seasons. Both sophomore OL's at Harvard. Both wrestled at McCallie.

Carson Gentle also wrestled and got 4th in the 2021 state tournament at 220lbs.

And they have a younger brother, Cooper, who is an AAU state champion wrestler and linebacker for the 2026 class.
I’m down to take all the wrestlers. A1 work ethic

For all the posters who see a potential tight end in every recruit, Carson Gentle had one reception Friday night for 54 yards. I read he also caught a pass for 16 yards in the Jamboree.

But I haven't seen any of their games this year, so I don't know if he caught these lined up as a tight end, off of a tackle-eligible alignment, or out of a fake field goal play.

If he starts returning punts in practice, we'll start hearing Reggie White comparisons!

Definitely see his future at 5 and even 3 tech in passing situations. Understands leverage and loves to engage offensive lineman. Just like his coach said never takes plays off. In CHRIST Alone

Reactions: volsagain
For all the posters who see a potential tight end in every recruit, Carson Gentle had one reception Friday night for 54 yards. I read he also caught a pass for 16 yards in the Jamboree.

But I haven't seen any of their games this year, so I don't know if he caught these lined up as a tight end, off of a tackle-eligible alignment, or out of a fake field goal play.

If he starts returning punts in practice, we'll start hearing Reggie White comparisons!

The 54 yarder was lined up as a TE (or maybe considered slot reciever since he was off the end of the line) and down the middle seam route.

I was fortunate to be on the sideline and got to see the team up close. Carson had a good game in McCallie’s loss to MBA. I think he had 3 solo tackles, but he had a lot of hurries and general pressure. He did not appear to be out of position on any defensive snaps. He was really active on defense. As TE, I think he had only one catch, but few total snaps.

McCallie has an OG listed at 6’1” and 399! Not a typo….399!

I was fortunate to be on the sideline and got to see the team up close. Carson had a good game in McCallie’s loss to MBA. I think he had 3 solo tackles, but he had a lot of hurries and general pressure. He did not appear to be out of position on any defensive snaps. He was really active on defense. As TE, I think he had only one catch, but few total snaps.

McCallie has an OG listed at 6’1” and 399! Not a typo….399!
EJ!!!

VN Store

Back